H100: Old Town Road 10x #1, Never Really Over #15, Press #16

Renan90

3 hours ago, spree said:

I think OTR will not only break Mariah’s record, but it will get like 21 or 22 weeks at #1, lol.

The idea of one song being at #1 for 20+ weeks is so wild like this literally shouldn't happen with new songs coming out all the time :skull: 

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enoch

• brianc33710

• slw84

• Mr.Fenty

2 minutes ago, Element said:

The idea of one song being at #1 for 20+ weeks is so wild like this literally shouldn't happen with new songs coming out all the time :skull: 

To think at some point, we could be looking at a song holding #1 for close to, if not a full year due to streaming slowing down chart movement that much.

1 hour ago, ClashAndBurn said:

To think at some point, we could be looking at a song holding #1 for close to, if not a full year due to streaming slowing down chart movement that much.

god i hope not. that would be awful. the irony too is that OTR has blocked like 5 or 6 songs from hitting #1! there's a lot of debut weeks being fueled by streaming then falling off

23 hours ago, Adonis said:

Billboard only did it that way so it could say the song didnt chart high. Its sleezyAF. I used to think they didnt need competition. 

First of all, remember that Royals went to #3 in Urban airplay (even 27 UAC) and Dark Horse reached #10-12 Urban airplay, but BB didn't let them chart on R&B/HipHop songs either.  Check this out below: Blue On Black -- Five Finger Death Punch, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Brantley Gilbert (Country artist), and Brian May is more "Country" than OTR. The verses are completely Country, but with the chorus and solo it becomes "Metal."  Here's the remix

The original 5FDP version  here: 

is even more country, with some banjo and a "Countrier" sounding guitar toward the end of the solo. BOB is a Country/Metal hybrid, and would also rank in the Top Ten on Hot Country songs if BB allowed it to go there. Don't forget that BB never allowed "Royals" on the R&B/HH chart either, even though it was #3 on airplay.  Likewise, "Dark Horse" was #10-12 in airplay, but BB didn't let it chart either.

52 minutes ago, Element said:

god i hope not. that would be awful. the irony too is that OTR has blocked like 5 or 6 songs from hitting #1! there's a lot of debut weeks being fueled by streaming then falling off

At this rate, OTR will reach Diamond by the end of June.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:18 AM, Adonis said:

The difference is Artpop was Gagas first flop album whereas Witness was Katys first flop album duh!

Old Town Road and Blue On Black both have Country elements. But, Royals and Dark Horse received far more Urban airplay than OTR. But BB didn't put Royals or DH on its R&B/HipHop Chart. I don't think BOB has had any Country airplay, although I'm going to push Bobby Bones to try it after he gave love to OTR.  So, no it's not automatically "racism." Also, "Thrift Shop" reached #13 on the Rock Airplay Chart, but only the 40s on Urban Airplay. And BB didn't cross TS over to Rock either.

After Mariah fans spent ages worrying about better songs beating her record, it's going to be trashed by ... Old Town Road. Heh.

39 minutes ago, thedastardly said:

After Mariah fans spent ages worrying about better songs beating her record, it's going to be trashed by ... Old Town Road. Heh.

Yeah. UF deserved the record, as it was so huge in every metric. Despacito wasn't so much (I don't think ODS was that great, and UF and its MANY formats was WAY ahead in airplay), although 3 M sales going into early 2018 ain't bad. I do think OTR will reach 1.5 M, which I didn't expect anyone other than Adele to reach.

But, UF looked unstoppable going into week 13 and bound for the record. Then SYA came out with the Fast and Furious movie that everyone went to see. So, in wk 14 all of a sudden UF had a contender, but SYA was off cycle (#10), so UF got to 14 wks, Then UF spent 3 more at #2 (which, w/o SYA. would've been 17 wks for UF).

One more thing. Despacito was still selling 80k/wk when it was at 2.2 M, then it took a better part of a year to sell the other 800k copies. So, when OTR cuts off, it could do so super fast too.

a 20 week #1 would be so iconic!! although I don’t want it for Old Town Road :deadbanana4:

Thomas Rhett looking like an absolute snack in the OP though :smitten:

On 6/11/2019 at 2:52 PM, discreetinside said:

OTR Hot 100 #1 official statistics: 

1st: DOWNLOAD 22K, AIRPLAY: 11.9M, STREAMING: 46.6M
2nd: 124K, 28.8M, 143M - Bill Ray Cyrus remix included
3rd: 91K, 45.2M, 125.2M
4th: 89K, 55.4M, 114.4M
5th78K, 67.7M, 104M
6th: 78K, 77.6M, 104.1M
7th: 69K, 83.8M, 103.1M
8th: 76K, 87.4M, 130.7M - Music Video Released
9th: 81K, 95.3M, 115.3M
10th: 87K, 98.3M, 115.6M

9 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

using @simmnfierzig points:

Old Town Road

week 10 - 787
week 9 - 746
week 8 - 818
week 7 - 707
week 6 - 746

so OTR isn't even slowing down and there's no big threat soon so even if it will be losing something like, I don't know, 50? points weekly

week 11 - sim predicts 789 points, so that's even rising not loosing

week 12 - 710

week 13 - 640

week 14 - 590

week 15 - 540

week 16 - 490

week 17 - 440

this song is just insane

Is the week 6 - 10 points was counted using the Billboard official numbers.

Curious to see the OTR week 1 - 5 points tho.

Edited by discreetinside

So unless something weird happens, this song is gonna break the record :rip:

4 hours ago, discreetinside said:

no, I used sim points from "final predictions", they may be off something like 20 points up, but  not so much, he is usually very right in this.

week 10 - 787
week 9 - 746
week 8 - 818
week 7 - 707
week 6 - 746
week 5 - 752
week 4 - 725
week 3 - 839
week 2 - 961
week 1 - can't find it

On 6/10/2019 at 9:17 PM, Green said:

The record doesn't feel the same after Despacito tied it anyways   :katie:

On 6/10/2019 at 9:18 PM, Enoch said:

Bieber tainted it

this is kinda tea :rip:

8 hours ago, thedastardly said:

Not bad for Mimi and Boyz 2 men to gold the record for 21-22 years :siptea:

Also, it's kinda wild how OTR got this many weeks in a more active season like Spring-Summer

Other 10 weekers like OSD, Irreplaceable, Unbreak my Heart, I will always love you had a lot of its weeks in winter

5 hours ago, discreetinside said:

Week 1: 314

Week 2: 1035

Week 3: 887

Week 4: 829

Week 5: 765

Week 6: 780

Week 7: 763

Week 8: 900

Week 9: 850

Week 10: 864

3 hours ago, Green said:

that's just insane

is any of the 10+ weeks was growing or stable at 10th week? or all of them slowly was slowing down?

3 hours ago, Green said:

Thanks for the official points :hug:

So it looks like OTR would not get anywhere soon.

3 hours ago, Enoch said:

Also, it's kinda wild how OTR got this many weeks in a more active season like Spring-Summer

Other 10 weekers like OSD, Irreplaceable, Unbreak my Heart, I will always love you had a lot of its weeks in winter

Macarena was a huge hit through the summer of 1996, 14 wk #1.

Thanks for the official points :hug:

So it looks like OTR would not get anywhere soon.

Taylor is releasing her new single tonight. it will be interesting to see.

we need a blank space level masterpiece

20 hours ago, MusicLoverDude said:

So Chris Brown would be debuting at #11? :skull: 

I can't believe that douchebag is still getting support. I don't like SBS but if she blocks him that is one thing that song would be doing right.

It's all because of Drake, Christopher hasn't scored a decent hit in a while.

20 hours ago, Element said:

The idea of #1 debuts were also massive and next thing you know there was a new song debuting at #1 every month

Occupying the top spot for so long is still RARE. Despacito and UF are the only tracks to reach the 14 week milestone since We Belong Together 

2 hours ago, Mr.Fenty said:

Taylor is releasing her new single tonight. it will be interesting to see.

she is releasing song without video yet, so no scare for OTR yet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.