Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Is getting drunk worth it?

85 posts in this topic

It's really fun and I enjoy the surrounding social situations, but my hangovers are getting worse and worse as I get older. Also, I'm finding a lot of messy things happen when I drink which generally create a head ache (not a literal one) the next day. The whole thing is starting to get kinda old. :lipton:

no, alcohol is gross, it ****s with your liver, makes you dehydrated and even when you have fun you regret it the next day because usually you did some cringy, dumb **** you wouldn’t have done sober. 

To me yes. I don’t get hungover and I have a high tolerance sooooo I go ham. My fave is getting cross faded

Posted (edited)

how odd that i stumble across this thread as i'm drinking alone, which i rarely do, and on here. lmao. to me it is. and if getting a little sick is the price to pay for an otherwise great night, to me it's worth it. for me at least, i only have one "throw up session" when i drink. so even i get sick after two drinks, which literally happens to me sometimes bc i have a sensitive stomach (and i make pretty strong drinks), i don't throw up again that night even if i drink 2-4 more drinks, it's weird. i do get easily hungover myself, so if anything that would be the biggest con to drinking for me. sometimes i can't eat for an entire day or i just feel like complete shiiit for the entire day or whatever. and just like with getting sick, i've literally gotten hungover from like two drinks before lmao.

edit: i just realized that if the average person had the risk of getting sick or hungover from two drinks they would probably just avoid it altogether so maybe i'm just an alcoholic. i am a mariah stan after all.

I didn't get partying completely "out of my system" in college because I was a really conscientious student and worked a lot, so I still like doing it... but I have to work all the time anyway preventing much social time, plus alcohol and going out is just way too expensive

Drinking socially once-every few months if I can afford it is cool, getting wasted without pushing my limit once-twice a year is awesome. Puking is only ok when I'm celebrating a milestone and am going WILD, so maybe once every few years. Blacking out shouldn't really happen after your 21st bday. These are all just my opinions though

It's overrated and possible to have fun without it. Honestly, drunk people tend to hurt other people more often too.

9yW1HYK.gif

10 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

It's overrated and possible to have fun without it. Honestly, drunk people tend to hurt other people more often too.

9yW1HYK.gif

i have to admit this is t. i feel like more bad things happen when people are drunk as opposed to when they're not. comparing the times that there were cops involved in a night where people were and weren't drunk is probably enough to tell me getting too drunk w people is probably not the wisest decision to make,

9yW1HYK.gif

Not for me anymore. Like I'll have a couple of drinks to get in the mood but that's it I HATE being hungover, throwing up, feeling dizzy & sick all day. Those days are gone.

Nope. been there done that HARD