Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Is getting drunk worth it?

85 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

it's so much fun while it's happening but is it worth the cons?

I get horrible hangovers that usually last DAYS and I always feel disgustingly fat/bloated afterwards (cause of all the calories I consume while being drunk/hungover.) 

Getting drunk really kicks me out of my "normal" routine and it feels so EXHAUSTING getting my life back on track after a drunk weekend. :!ohno:

what do yall think? 

I rarely get hungover so it is for me. and im too thin anyway so

I can have fun without getting drunk.

Honestly I've been getting really used to being the designated driver for my friend group. I get paid by each for safe assured driving to and from the bar as well as the entertainment of getting to tape stupid stuff they do :lmao: I have a drink at least once a month, but every week is a bit much for me now that I'm done with school.

I love to drink but not to drink to the point of throwing up or being miserable

At 27, I can't recover like I used to and alcohol just isn't as fun as it used to be after you've ridden the ride 10,000 times

I'm drunk right now, just got back from a night in Amsterdam, and I'm inclined to say y e s. But let's see how bad the hangover will be.

one thing i know for sure: xtc has so many less cons, it's great. 

I'm enjoying it less as I get older, I think I drank way too much in college

I have never gotten drunk/barely every drink. I’ve literally have had 10 sips of bear and more than 5 glasses of wine/champagne in my life and that’s it; I’m 22.

I don’t judge people who drink but if you have to get drunk/drink heavily to just have fun, I do. 

Getting buzzed is a lot of fun yes! But once you cross that line, it goes downhill pretty quickly.

It's haram to begin with

Not really. Being drunk from time to time is fun, but I can’t do it EVERY weekend like a lot of people do. 

No, extremely overrated. 

I waited until I was 21 to drink and didn’t drink drink until my senior year of college and boy did I DRINK. I blacked out quite a few times. :emofish:

But it was a fun time with my friends. I don’t think I could do that year over again though. I drink very rarely now. My poor body and I’m super light weight. 

Posted (edited)

I rarely get hangovers (unless I drink AND smoke) if I do get one it barely lasts a day so yeah

Still weed > alcohol

9yW1HYK.gif

Yeah. Even when i get really, really drunk i rarely get hangover. And if i do, it's just a little headache. I don't really like to cross the line and get hammered tho, just a bit of buzz to get me laughing like an idiot. 

Yeah bc usually i'm too shy and reserved, being drunk make me go all out and i can be the actual bitch that i am.

Also at the club i perform all of the pop girls songs they play (even from the girls that i troll here) and flirt/kiss other guys, something that i would be too embarrassed to do while sober.

The hangover is trash, yeah. But it's worth it

9yW1HYK.gif

2 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Yeah bc usually i'm too shy and reserved, being drunk make me go all out and i can be the actual bitch that i am.

Also at the club i perform all of the pop girls songs they play (even from the girls that i troll here) and flirt/kiss other guys, something that i would be too embarrassed to do while sober.

The hangover is trash, yeah. But it's worth it

9yW1HYK.gif

same. i come alive and can really be my true fun loving self when i drink

9yW1HYK.gif

Yes definitely. You just have to find that perfect drunk balance and not drink too much

For me, yes. But I know my limits, I eat smart before and I make sure to drink water. These three things prevent me from making dumb decisions, getting sick or hangovers.

Drinking helps me come out of my shell a lil bit, too.

no that sh*t hurts my stomach.  it’s only fun if you get like a friend from the stupid stuff you do/say

Bottomless mimosas and brunch are a MUST in my life so yeah, it's worth it. I can down 2-3 bottles of champagne in one sitting. 

But a night out at the bar doing shot after shot while drinking beer. Uh - no! That's just asking to be miserable the next day. 

YES. Honestly nothing better than drunk making out with a hot date at a club/bar :jonny5: 

I think i have been twice drunk in my whole life:rip:

i can barely tolerate alcohol tbh, and i dislike common beverages such as beer or wine.

Never been drunk in my life and I'm 24... Am I missing out?

NO

my hangovers are the worst. the calories. the mess i do when drunk.. jesus christ no no!

still can't stop getting drunk tho :dies: