Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

ATRL Reactions: Jonas Brothers - “Happiness Begins”

9 posts in this topic

The Jonas Brothers have released their first album in 10 years with “Happiness Begins”. The fifth album from the family trio features a “new and improved sound” with “feel-good tracks”. Working with big names like Ryan Tedder and Justin Tranter, the “Burning Up” singers put together a 14 track album that they hope will live up to expectations.

We’re trying something new around here to try and stimulate better discussion. As with the previous week’s reaction thread, we want you guys to be honest. If you like something, that’s great and tell us why. If you didn’t, feel free to state so and explain why. All criticism isn’t flamebait and members shouldn’t feel like they can’t be critical for fear of incurring warning points. Let’s have a quality debate about quality.

Absolutely love it

I'm surprised by how good it is. I expected them to be trend-chasers but they somehow managed to keep their classic JoBros sound while also making the music more modern. Some of the poppier tracks sound a little dated, but I love that since I miss early '10s pop anyway.

The only terrible song is Happy When I'm Sad.

This is definitely one of my fave albums of 2019 so far! They have sooo many potential bops. 

I think I can say I Believe is an all around fave for everyone! 

Definitely the best Pop album this year. 

I really love it. 

10/10

yall couldnt do this for the late avicii too :mandown:

On 6/7/2019 at 5:02 PM, havefaithrestart said:

Definitely the best Pop album this year

Umm... that’s debatable but good try tho

its solid but nothing groundbreaking :gaycat2:

Posted (edited)

Finally listened to the album in full. It's cute.

6/10 at first listen. Maybe it'll grow on me more in the future.

My faves so far: Sucker, Cool, I Believe and Strangers

Solid pop album, very fresh, fun and summery. Greg Kurstin productions are really on point.

Fave tracks: Sucker, Only Human, I Believe, Used To Be, Every Single Time and Strangers.