Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Why Is Beyonce The Greatest Performer Alive?

117 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

Apparently being clumsy still doesn't mean she's a poor dancer. :skull: You know that's an exaggeration. She's still a strong dancer.

Beyoncé sings 80% of everything live. She's an incredibly skilled vocalist, so what point are you trying to make? You're essentially insinuating that she's like Britney, with no discernible vocal talent, who just pops in a CD from a decade ago and mimes to vocals from back then. It's wildly inaccurate.

Neither Bruno nor P!nk can sing as well as Beyoncé. What instruments does P!nk play live?

Clearly the discussion is regarding performers in popular music. We're on ATRL. Stop being obtuse.

Beyoncé is definitely good when she sings live but, darling, anybody with a pair of legs can do what she does when she "dances"...let's not.

I'm not gonna comment on Bruno and P!nk :rip:

The "Greatest performer alive" is a pretty bold statement for a status that takes in consideration less than 0,00001% of the performers out there. 

giphy.gif

this being an example they use to show shes the "greatest performer alive" :rip: 

18 minutes ago, Oceania said:

Beyoncé is definitely good when she sings live but, darling, anybody with a pair of legs can do what she does when she "dances"...let's not.

Then... why are they not doing it? :ahh: 

I guess everyone in pop music right now is able to outdance Bey but they chose not to, right? 

You sound incredibly stupid. Beyoncé is a great dancer and an overall outstanding performer, paralleled by none. No amount of bs you come up with will change that.  

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

I guess everyone in pop music right now is able to outdance Bey but they chose not to, right? 

You sound incredibly stupid. Beyoncé is a great dancer and an overall outstanding performer, paralleled by none. No amount of bs you come up with will change that.  

Because not everbody cares to dance? The logic :psyduck:

And not you calling me stupid when you are the one who thinks Bey is a great dancer.

4 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

But they ARE doing it - there is nothing to what Beyonce does on a stage. You can find black women in drill teams across America doing what Beyonce does. 

15 hours ago, AxelFox said:

I dont get why people act jealous to the point of making up dunk delusional lies.

41 minutes ago, iConic Legend said:

I dont get why people act jealous to the point of making up dunk delusional lies.

You mean envy? and no, I don't envy pop stars...

Let's put it this way, I bet you'd cringe if someone compared Britney's vocals to Bey's, and rightully so. It would be embarassing and disrespectful towards a woman who spent her whole life working hard studying and refining her natural skills. Well, it's the same when delusional stans compare Bey to professional dancers. Performing dumbed-down choreos built specifically for pop stars is not real dancing, let alone great. 

16 hours ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

But they ARE doing it - there is nothing to what Beyonce does on a stage. You can find black women in drill teams across America doing what Beyonce does. 

So they're singing to the excellent level Beyoncé does as well?

These threads might as well be retitled as 'tell me the many ways I'm beautiful and amazing but pretend I'm Beyonce'.

21 hours ago, Mariano said:

The fact that Britney was EVER considered one, should give u a clue :skull: 

That’s because she WAS though. Which is why she has some of the most lauded performances in pop music history and was always praised as a top notch performer. Even Beyoncé said that Britney always had the best performances. Stop trying to pass your opinions off as facts please.

Who said that? :rip:

16 hours ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

This is a cute attempt but absolutely not true. Now I grew up going to Aggie games and BOTB, so we can definitely debate this in detail. 

Αt the end of the day it's subjective. She's a good entertainer but lately she's been kind of repetitive and lacks creativity. 

22 hours ago, adelegend said:

no one madonna performance tops what beyonce did at Coachella in 2018

Not that Beyonce doesn't deserve credit where credit is due. She is a hell of a performer still - though Madonna is and will always be the blueprint for the showgirls out there and since she is still alive and very active I would say that she is the greatest performer alive considering her almost 40-year  memorable career.

39 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

Αt the end of the day it's subjective. She's a good entertainer but lately she's been kind of repetitive and lacks creativity. 

You say this AFTER Beychella?? :ahh:

10 minutes ago, Destiny said:

You say this AFTER Beychella?? :ahh:

For me Glastonbury >>> Beychella. It's way too long, too noisy and it was basically Formation World Tour with a band and a few skits. Good but not her best, at least for me.

Posted (edited)

I’d honestly say greatest performer ever, period. No one commands a stage like her or do it like her.

2 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

For me Glastonbury >>> Beychella. It's way too long, too noisy and it was basically Formation World Tour with a band and a few skits. Good but not her best, at least for me.

No. Stop lying :skull:

19 hours ago, Oceania said:

Beyoncé is clumsy as hell.

Britney is like the worst performer ever, I don't care what her stans think.

The RN choreography is nothing particularly challenging. Besides, Janet Is not exactly the most skilled dancer either. Just compare her to Michael.

Lip-syncing doesn't diminish the vocal  talent but we are discussing LIVE permorming skills here.

Musicians who perform on stage are performers by definition but ATRLers erroneusly believe that non-dancers don't fit into that category :rip:

Best performers in mainstream music? Bruno Mars and P!nk, for starters...

There are many types of performers out there between vocalists, live bands, opera, dancers and instrumentalists of various kinds, from all over the World. Who says that the best ones have to necessarily be western pop stars who dance to dumbed down pseudo-choreos and pyrotechnics? 

Clumsy? :rip: the fact that she's reaching outstanding results despite lacking technique in terms of dancing should tell you a thing or two.

And WHY are you discussing LIVE performances you Mariah stan. Are you feeling brave enough, huh? The lack of self-awareness is shocking. 

1 hour ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

Not that Beyonce doesn't deserve credit where credit is due. She is a hell of a performer still - though Madonna is and will always be the blueprint for the showgirls out there and since she is still alive and very active I would say that she is the greatest performer alive considering her almost 40-year  memorable career.

You meant Tina Turner, but I understand the confusion.

Stop comparing Beyoncé to artists who can’t even sing. Stop comparing Beyoncé to artists who let the stage production outperform them. Stop acting like there is a single artist alive that could currently give us Beychella or Glastonbury.

Beyoncé is in the league of Michael Jackson, Tina Turner and Prince. No matter how legendary you think your faves are, they aren’t touching what Beyoncé is bringing to the table.

1 minute ago, king_queen said:

You meant Tina Turner, but I understand the confusion.

What has Tina Turner done in the past 20 years? Also, even though she was another great performer she wasn't the one responsible for cementing what pop music fans love seeing their divas doing on stage: multiple costume changes, all-themed concerts and ultra-modern stages which allow the audience to have an unique experience in visual terms. 

Everything that Beyoncé and pretty much every single major pop star have been doing since ever. 

41 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

Beychella is nothing like the Formation World Tour. :skull: What performance did you watch? :toofunny3:

4 minutes ago, Beautiful Garbage said:

What has Tina Turner done in the past 20 years? Also, even though she was another great performer she wasn't the one responsible for cementing what pop music fans love seeing their divas doing on stage: multiple costume changes, all-themed concerts and ultra-modern stages which allow the audience to have an unique experience in visual terms. 

Everything that Beyoncé and pretty much every single major pop star have been doing since ever. 

Answer to Q1: Literally embark on a sold out, 50th anniversary tour only to retire from music because every woman who sang and gave choreography after her, Madonna included, followed her blueprint. She also passed the torch to Beyoncé way back in 2008 but we don’t have to talk about that :mandown: 

Beyoncé is the perfect combination of Tina, Michael, Janet, Aretha, Prince and Diana. Those artists are way more reflected in her performances than Madonna could ever dream.