Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Why Is Beyonce The Greatest Performer Alive?

117 posts in this topic

Beyoncé is the greatest because the tour has was passed to her. And no one else. Others try to be great but don’t match the level of Yonce

:clap3: I agree that nobody is doing it like her but a lot of the hive thinks she sings all her shows/performances live and that's concerning because girl... you know damn well she prerecords a LOT of her ****. :dies: I once spent HOURS with a friend of mine showing him all the parts that were live and prerecorded on the Mrs Carter and Formation Tour and he called me a fake fan because he couldn't tell the difference :ace: she messed up her lip syncing on Partition on our OTR show and he insisted it was a technical glitch :deadbanana2:

Lmao Not When Madonna And Britney Still Exist

Your OP Is Very Difficult To Read

Sorry, but Madonna´s >>>>>

I can agree with the fact that Beyoncé is the only one that capitalized Madonna´s blueprint at its finest :clap3: (but she lack of the diversity Madonna has, and that's all about art: diversity).

OT:

Because she's not a lazy bitch that dreads touring like 90% of artists do, including MJ who mentioned before in an interview that he hated it. As well as some of megastar vocalist such as Barbara Streisand and Adele. Rih and Ari aren't a fan either. She genuinely loves to go on tour and has said so from the very beginning that it's what she was born to do. Anybody that actually follows her knows this. She may use pre-recorded vocals and so on every now and again, but it's used sparingly and in a way that compliments her overall 5 star energy that's delivered on any given day/night. From her lower register to her head voice and all the vibrato and breath control in between, she's a vocal acrobat alongside her choreography, she's progressed tremendously over the years, and to discredit her for that is based out of pure bigotry on the subject... She's not one to strain herself and cancel. She's a technically trained professional.

The best performers are all kpop artists.

I completely agree :clap3:

Can madonnasters and liddos shut up about their faves. :cm: 

I don't even stan Beyonce not even to the slightest but she is for sure the greatest performer alive. I don't care if it's "one dimensional" but she stomps on all your faves that are "multi-dimensional". About that "of all time dead or alive" title y'all can go shove that back up your bums. Cause MJ is still and will always be the greatest performer of all time. Until Beyonce has 5000 faints at every concert and until Beyonce dances herself off and perfect herself in pain it will always be MJ. :siptea:

yes atm, no one performs like her

I personally enjoyed P!nk’s tours and performances a lot more, but that’s not to say that Beyoncé isn’t great. 

The things you listed do make someone the 'Greatest" performer ever. Her down fall is she can not play an instrument. That knocks her down a step or two. You do get that title by default.

1 hour ago, Oceania said:

She's a poor """dancer""", she lip-syncs and she doesn't play any instrument live on stage but, apparently, I'm supposed to believe that she's the best performer we have today...it's illogical. 

And don't even get me started on the "hardest working artist in the business" narrative lol, there's absolutely no way to know something like that. :rip:

She factually isn't a "poor dancer". She's not a technically perfect dancer, but she's still very strong at it. The Britney stans still claim that Britney can dance and she can't even stay in time with her backup dancers. Beyoncé executes her choreography to a high standard, she doesn't need to be doing the "Rhythm Nation" choreography to be a good dancer.

Whitney, Céline and Mariah all lip-sync(ed), does that somehow diminish their vocal talent? Beyoncé lips small sections of certain songs, because she's doing high intensity choreography. Also, what does playing an instrument have to do with anything? She's a performer, not a musician. There's a different.

If those are supposedly your requirements, please tell me exactly who is the best performer we have today.

She is gifted.

Talent, passion, drive and hard work :clap3:

2 hours ago, BGKC said:

Yes

slide_325800_3126549_free.gif

Whatever y'all say!

6 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Whatever y'all say!

Don’t make us break out the Enigma gifs

OT: Talent

Talent.

30c6d6e1d71f2952985422b1ad1340ce.jpg

Say it with me, talent!

I see it, I want it
I stunt, yellow bone it
I dream it, I work hard
I grind 'til I own it

Her mission statement right here is why.  Her beauty, grace, work ethic, & talent.  

She's very talented. But let's be real, nobody in pop music comes close to even half of the chorus of an average Broadway musical.

Madonna and Tina Turner during their prime > Bey. 

23 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

She factually isn't a "poor dancer". She's not a technically perfect dancer, but she's still very strong at it. The Britney stans still claim that Britney can dance and she can't even stay in time with her backup dancers. Beyoncé executes her choreography to a high standard, she doesn't need to be doing the "Rhythm Nation" choreography to be a good dancer.

Whitney, Céline and Mariah all lip-sync(ed), does that somehow diminish their vocal talent? Beyoncé lips small sections of certain songs, because she's doing high intensity choreography. Also, what does playing an instrument have to do with anything? She's a performer, not a musician. There's a different.

If those are supposedly your requirements, please tell me exactly who is the best performer we have today.

Beyoncé is clumsy as hell.

Britney is like the worst performer ever, I don't care what her stans think.

The RN choreography is nothing particularly challenging. Besides, Janet Is not exactly the most skilled dancer either. Just compare her to Michael.

Lip-syncing doesn't diminish the vocal  talent but we are discussing LIVE permorming skills here.

Musicians who perform on stage are performers by definition but ATRLers erroneusly believe that non-dancers don't fit into that category :rip:

Best performers in mainstream music? Bruno Mars and P!nk, for starters...

There are many types of performers out there between vocalists, live bands, opera, dancers and instrumentalists of various kinds, from all over the World. Who says that the best ones have to necessarily be western pop stars who dance to dumbed down pseudo-choreos and pyrotechnics? 

4 minutes ago, Oceania said:

Beyoncé is clumsy as hell.

Britney is like the worst performer ever, I don't care what her stans think.

The RN choreography is nothing particularly challenging. Besides, Janet Is not exactly the most skilled dancer either. Just compare her to Michael.

Lip-syncing doesn't diminish the vocal  talent but we are discussing LIVE performing skills here.

Musicians who perform on stage are performers by definition but ATRLers erroneusly believe that non-dancers don't fit into that category :rip:

Best performers in mainstream music? Bruno Mars and P!nk, for starters...

There are many types of performers out there between vocalists, live bands, opera, dancers and instrumentalists of various kinds, from all over the World. Who says that the best ones have to necessarily be western pop stars who dance to dumbed down pseudo-choreos and pyrotechnics? 

Apparently being clumsy still doesn't mean she's a poor dancer. :skull: You know that's an exaggeration. She's still a strong dancer.

Beyoncé sings 80% of everything live. She's an incredibly skilled vocalist, so what point are you trying to make? You're essentially insinuating that she's like Britney, with no discernible vocal talent, who just pops in a CD from a decade ago and mimes to vocals from back then. It's wildly inaccurate.

Neither Bruno nor P!nk can sing as well as Beyoncé. What instruments does P!nk play live?

Clearly the discussion is regarding performers in popular music. We're on ATRL. Stop being obtuse.

I mean cmon, who else (and these are only impressions of Homecoming):

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

No one currently has her production, her PRECISION and her dedication to the craft as well as her execution. Also, she has insane vocals on top of that and basically never has ANY flawed performance. The coordination alone. No one, not even MJ, had her level of complexity and managed to pull that of throughout a 2 hour set.