Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Are you afraid of hitting thirty?

147 posts in this topic

The unfortunate age which marks the ending of an era of your life and facing the gay death. I oftentimes dwell upon this inevitable destiny of ours which provokes the feelings of uneasiness and turmoil inside of me. Personally, I feel like I have seen and done it all and my life after college will probably be reduced to being a 9-5 job slave and occasional grindr hookups. The kind of bleak future I do not want to be part of. And as I do not plan on having a child or a husband during my lifetime, I might consider ending my life after my gay death. What are your thoughts on turning 30 and gay dying?

lol I just turned 30 - it was awful until I realized how much better 30 year olds than those in their 20s ( better looking, more mature, more stable).

35 is another story.

this must be a white twink thing nn

not scared really, just wondering how i will transition from twinkhood tbh

Posted (edited)

I plan to have a house and married by 30. 

I also want to maintain my weight. I’ve only gained like 5 pounds since I was 18. Lol (I’m 26 now)

Yes. I don't want to top :dancehall:

10 minutes ago, Cheers said:

This. :laugh:

I was, but not anymore.

I have a young face and will probably be able to look good for another 10-15 years before everything goes side-ways. I believe that our 30's are the new 20's and this is based upon how we're living longer.

I haven't done everything and I'm 29 and 30 in 2 months. I've only done weed and have never had an orgy, gangbang, bareback strangers or threesome or DP. There's still plenty of life left in me and time to have fun.

As for the gay-death, it's a myth to me.

14 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

not scared really, just wondering how i will transition from twinkhood tbh

8 minutes ago, Lipgloss said:

Yes. I don't want to top :dancehall:

^^^ These responses sent me. I’m still a long way from 30 but the thought terrifies me tbh Guess it’s good I’ve been bulking up :gaycat2:

I'll be 40 in 3 years.

Your 30s are way better than your 20s.  I'm going to miss my 30s more.

I'm scared about hitting 25 cause I'm guaranteed I won't be able to stop thinking about nearing my 30s. Aging has always been a fear of mine, not because of the inevitable death but because I don't want to see myself decay and mature into adulthood, I feel like there's so much I still want to do and so much I haven't done as a teenager, it's something that will continue to haunt me.

Also, I think the community generally underestimates how slowly we mature compared to our straight peers since for many of us our teenage years were not ours to live. So it’s normal for queer people to still be figuring things out at 30 and we should be less ageist not more  :thing:

I'm honestly not that scared of it.

I'm more scared about living situation at that age than actually turning it. 

i hate getting older. every may (my birthday month) i get suuuuper depressed lol

Nope! Thirty, Flirty & Thriving! 

im more afraid of how i will reach thirty

5HnZKo0.gif

23 minutes ago, Cheers said:

imagine the horror of being a 30 year old white twink :deadbanana2: cant relate 

Not really, but I want my life to be longer :weeps: 

No, because I’m a man and still have a while to go. If I were a woman, I’d be nervous.

I passed 30 ages ago :jonny5:

Ready for my dirty thirty and being a sugar daddy

The way baby gays bitch endlessly about how everyone just wants sex and nobody takes relationships seriously, and then in the same breath act terrified of growing up. Your 30s will bring some clarity and, if you're lucky, the best sex of your life. Embrace it, hens. :cm:

I stoped caring about my looks changing a long time ago. I'm only anxious and terrified whether I will be successful or not when I hit 30 :dancehall:

I'm Asian, so... 

Im turning 27 this year!!! 3 years away from 30 :cries: it was never a concern for me until recently. It's also harder to lose weight... even now at 26 it's way harder for me to lose pounds than it was even 2 years ago. 

I hope that I'm at least making more money by then. Like if I can't have a husband or a healthy social life... then I at least want to make good money to cry in luxury.