Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Ariana: ‘no more singles off TUN’

127 posts in this topic

NASA was done so dirty 

Smart decision given the direction the music industry is heading, IMO. Post-album singles don’t really do much nowadays since people can listen to them at any time. It sucks that we’re going to be seeing such short eras, but that’s just the way streaming works. 

Long album campaigns are a thing of the past thanks to streaming. 

Good.

poor NASA/bloodline tho

buwygib was technically her 6th single, straight after the sweetener singles, tun, and 7R. radio was gonna get tired of her and she is already overexposed so this makes sense. but then again she has been teasing a new summer single so... who tf knows what her plan is lol

What a dumb*ss

13 minutes ago, CBXC said:

Smart decision given the direction the music industry is heading, IMO. Post-album singles don’t really do much nowadays since people can listen to them at any time. It sucks that we’re going to be seeing such short eras, but that’s just the way streaming works. 

12 minutes ago, Martyr Of Fame said:

Long album campaigns are a thing of the past thanks to streaming. 

Sadly this is all true. Most of her non-album singles are eligible for gold certifications so there’s no need for them to be singles to succeed. Also visuals would be the only plus side to songs becoming singles these days.

17 minutes ago, CBXC said:

4 minutes ago, shookgrande said:

buwygib was technically her 6th single, straight after the sweetener singles, tun, and 7R. radio was gonna get tired of her and she is already overexposed so this makes sense. but then again she has been teasing a new summer single so... who tf knows what her plan is lol

:cm:

I wish we could've gotten a NASA video/single run but like 3/4 of the album's songs are eligible for Gold so I understand. Excited for what's to come!

I needed Bloodline or Fake smile as a summer smash 

:jonny5:

she/her team aint that smart huh:thing:

I hate her.

Sadly this is how it should be after 3 big radio hits. She's borderline overexposed.

"Bloodline" deserved to be a single

So she ended the era literally the same day the album was released (since that was the day the last single was released) :rip: a mess.

lying.gif

I'm so pissed, Bloodline, Bad Idea, and NASA would've made perfect singles grrrr :fish2:

I have mixed feelings

on one hand there's tons of single worthy material left on the album and releasing one/two more of them would help propel the album's SPS.

on the other she's already pushed out six smash hits in a row, radio not fully supporting buwgib is proof she needs a break and the songs would probably tank outside of radio because they've already racked up millions of streams. 

I think it's a decent stopping point. an album with several smashes and a bunch of underrated gems is arguably more appealing than milking an era to the point that the only songs left unreleased are filler/trash 

So sad that none of the great songs in the album got to be singles :'(

Its better this way, plus new music is on the way lets be real. I expect a late summer return.

Not surprised. Still a bummer though. In My Head, Fake Smile and Bad Idea deserved to be singles.

This is dumb.

Why not milk this era for all it's worth 

It's so dumb to only release 3 songs from an era when there are clearly more songs that could be hits. The 3rd single came out a month after the second single which meant the era wasnt even 3 months in before we got the first 3 singles

Like she really hinders who own eras from being as massive as it can possibly be. NASA deserves a single treatment.

35 minutes ago, CBXC said:

That probably mean it would be so much harder to get 3 or more No.1 on the same album.

Or, artist could do what Drake does, getting No.1s first then putting them into the album.

What if some artist putting like 10 singles, let's say 5 of them went No.1, and then putting them into an album, does it count to be 5 No.1 album? :skull:

these "makes sense" posts. :dies: y'all are really funny, gotta give it to you.

There were no other hits left so what would be the point

wheres needy