ATRL's Holy Trinity 7 ▼ Round 2 live

Hug

Alright, so I've come across a problem. SaintWest did send, although it seems only one judge got it. With that judge's rankings, they would neither be in the GT or FT. Now, there are two ideas I have that come to mind.

1. Allow SaintWest through, based on the judgement of one judge. They would be isolated from the actual rankings this round.

2. Allow the HT of this round to decide if SaintWest should be allowed through. This would require posting SaintWest's entry for them to see. This would be independent of the flop trinity; an extra benefit to being in the HT.

If you guys would prefer one way over the other, please leave a post in this thread saying which you'd prefer out of the first or second option. I will be deciding myself once comments are posted, so if you have an opinion, speak up now.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hug

• PhreshDiamond

• Fa1x intelectual

• Queen Conchita

10 minutes ago, Lémur said:

I don't really have an opinion tbh

Yeah I agree

EndFDwumINO5dDMz8M-aTKmspWgPPIN93oX8eYlJ82pzVLG1dVX7TsT8o_mkDj5kXkS6lpRyG4K3plq3vb9KUw6vb2gsLYSOC_Z3BN7AwrvCP91Bm8mAwgdYwY32co86nFNHytAD

Round 1 - The ‘Me’ Trinity Comments

@DripDrip @Fa1x intelectual @Xedretinz Lododnz @PhreshDiamond @A Bomb @Satan @swiftie13 @Lémur @Queen Conchita @MusicLoverDude @SaintWest

(apologies for the bold, i can't get rid of it :rip:)

YX8RlUX.gif

@Navyofbadgals

DripDrip – first of all I think it’s cool that you did it in a thread :cm:

Either way I have a hard time judging this entry. On one hand I think you did a creative spin on the challenge, but on the other hand I wonder how much this really fits with the assignment. I love the story format, and I am assuming it’s the ‘’me’’ you want us to show, but it’s still a bit vague. I ****ing love the song choices though, they’re all 10/10, and I think you chose a risk chosing something like this, which I appreciate.

Fa1x intelectual- Hey, interesting  name :heart2:

Let’s begin with the intro, which I think is lovely. A bit of an intro for the reader, which always works well. I like the choice of only choosing Portuguese songs. I love the choice for the first song, it’s such a simple song and I love the reasoning of why you chose it. The 2nd song is somewhat interesting, but I think the reasoning is good, but not as strong as the first song. The link of the third song is unavailable in my country, but I did search it up, I like this as it represents a big part of the youth.

I think this is your first ever trinity right? You did a great job. I probably would’ve changed the 2nd song or its description, because that one seems ‘’filler’’ compared to the other 2 songs you have. But still, great job :heart2:

XL – I haven’t seen you in so long :’( happy you joined!

Let me start with saying that I think your approach is really creative. I think Strawberry Swing is a good choice for the first song, as the song talks about how even if it’s not always fun to do something, it makes it better to do it with others. At least that’s what I get from it ddd :cm:

Unstoppable also fits well, and so does Happy.

You made a really creative entry XL, I somewhat missed you not opening a bit more about yourself. It sometimes felt a bit on the surface of it all, and I wish I could’ve got to known your destiny a bit better. You made a lovely entry though and you should be proud :heart2:

PhreshDiamond – oh at you joining this okcurrrrr

Also I can’t at you giving a summary :ahh:. POTR was a great song choice and I love how you made a song for your online ‘’me’’, a creative approach! I think what you really did well with your 2nd song is how it’s sort of a response to the first song. I think you really made a trinity, and not just chose 3 songs that work well seperate, but together they’re just meh. So you did a good job with that. I really love the write up for the 3rd song I am also surprised you could show emotions, who knew it was very sweet :’( I think the song choice for Cheap Thrills could’ve been different, but overall you did a really solid entry. It wasn’t the most creative one, but you definitely opened up yourself and I feel like I really know you better now, which was basically the goal of the trinity.

A bomb – Last time I judged you already were making great trinities, and what was fun back then is your beautiful graphics. This time you sorta abandoned them, but rihplaced them with amazing write ups. You’re a great writer and you showed humor throughout your trinity. What I especially think is strong is how you grab back to the certainty part in Same Person. It’s good to have that as last write up. The 2nd song choice was a bit weird, but i feel like you still sold it well to me. The only thing I would change is that the 3rd song would be the Rihanna version :heart2:

Satan – I didn’t know you were bisexual :eek: The first write up is cute, I maybe would’ve chosen another song, but Secrets still fits well. Either way I think your whole trinity is super cute :’( I think the 3rd part could’ve been a bit different, because it is somewhat similar to the 2nd song. Overall creative approach, but you could’ve had stronger song choices. Great job though :heart2:

Swiftie13 - hi

Did you make all those songs yourself? Very impressive. The first song sounds really professional. For the write ups you chose a minimalist approach, but an advantage what you have is that all those songs you chose are from you and so they are already quite personal. I think what lacks a bit is that the first 2 songs are about character traits, and the 3rd song, whilst fits fine for this challenge, still feels like a bit of a weird follow up to the other 2 songs. You make lovely music btw :heart2: I wish all 3 songs were from the critically acclaimed Origami :eli:

Lémur – This is a bit of a strange trinity. I like the anti-traditionalistic approach, and I think the first song is a good choice. The sims Smile is also :ahh: It’s fun that you chose a trinity to represent of how you like being funny. I think the 2nd song, however, feels a bit lost between the other 2 songs and I really don’t get its inclusion.

Queen Conchita – The Common Linnets still should’ve won over Conchita

Hey :heart2:

Let me start by saying that I was confused AF when I clicked on that play icon and I didn’t see anything happen :deadbanana: I think as far as song choices go, you really nailed it. I do  think that that you could’ve connected the 3 songs in your trinity better. Memories & happiness are good choices and I see them working well together. And while I think your write up for Empowering is good, I feel like it doesn’t fit well with the other 2 parts. I also would’ve loved to see you open up in every part like you did in Memories. But, assuming this is your first trinity, you did a great job and I see lots of potential :heart2:

MusicLoverDude – Hey.. I love the 3rd song :eli:. I think the write ups for the 1st and 3rd song are good, and I also think the song choice for the 1st part fits well. Now onto somethings that caught my attention. I think you probably kno wit, but Work isn’t really about Work as in a job. I think the write up is cute, but you could’ve chosen a song that represents the write up better, aside from just the title. But ugh I still can’t rihsist a good rih bawp

Now onto the 2nd part of the trinity.. I am a bit lost. I am not sure why you’ve put this in your trinity,  I mean I can’t deny that you truly open up about yourself, but was it really the best choice to include this :deadbanana2: I am happy you can talk so freely about what you do, but still why.. I am a bit lost why this is included

Also bye @ the domino video :deadbanana: at least your unapologetic I guess ddddd :cm:  I also think, no shade, but judging by the 2nd part the controversial MLD remains to a certain degree :deadbanana: you did tame up though and I think the first song and its write up are really, really strong.

Saint West – thanks for still sending :heart2: . I think even though we’ve seen the past-present-future thing already a few times, I still think you did a great job. You had great write ups for the 1st and 2nd and this structure for the me trinity always works out well. I think the song choices are also all 3 very strong, but I wish you could’ve clarified the last song a bit more. I get that the future is ultimately going to be an open end to the story, but I still wish you would’ve done a great write up, just like you did for the other 2. Great trinity overall though.

RorT2Jq.gif 

@Aurora

1. DripDrip

There was plenty to like about this trinity, but there were also some issues. I didn’t feel like this was a perfect fit for the challenge. The narrative is nice (albeit Cinderella lite), but it felt as if there was a barrier between you and the entry rather than it being a creative way of self-expression. I think “The Voice Within” was a perfect choice and your description aided it well; the others, while strong song choices, could have had a stronger connection to both the story and you. If you had a stronger link between the songs, the story and yourself, this would have been a near perfect entry. You still ticked a lot of boxes, particularly the major ones such as song choice and creativity, just make sure your trinity is a strong embodiment of the challenge next time.

2. Fa1x intelectual

If I had to sum up this trinity in one word, it would be “honesty”. I love how natural and effortless and authentic everything about this felt. As someone who isn’t really familiar with non-English language music I wasn’t sure what to expect but I like that you didn’t compromise and chose songs that were genuinely represented you, knowing full well most people probably wouldn’t be familiar with them. That said, it put a big focus on your descriptions to really sell them to me, and sell them they did. I kind of screamed when I got to the “Five Little Ducks” song, but I completely get why you chose it. Overall I thought this was a really strong trinity, but moving forward I would suggest working on aesthetics like formatting and reducing the amount of extra information that doesn’t relate to your trinity, for the long term.

3. Xedretinz Lododnz

First of all, cute concept with the primary colours. I got to the first song and part of me was like, “No, this should be for red!” because strawberries are red, but I listened to the song and saw why you chose it, and it was definitely more ‘blue’ than ‘red’. (You also missed a chance to use Coldplay for yellow with their song “Yellow”, shame!) Sia’s “Unstoppable” was a perfect fit for your trinity; it fit both the red and destiny themes very well. I feel like “Happy” might be somewhere between ‘blue’ and ‘yellow’ (‘green’?) but it’s not a bad fit, when highlighting the optimistic parts of the song. Overall you had a clear, cohesive direction that made sense and I feel like I learned a bit about who you are too, so well done on all fronts.

4. PhreshDiamond

Totally didn’t expect that first song choice from you! :eek: However, I do like how you linked it to yourself and your online persona rather than just, “I love this song.” The other choices from Sia and Adele were nice too, I particularly liked how you linked Sia’s fear of showing her face to you keeping your private life concealed. I think the “too long didn’t read” summaries weren’t necessary; make us read all about you! Overall I do feel like these are three very commercial songs by three major pop girls, and I’m not one to think less of a trinity because of that, but moving forward I think practical diversity can elevate a good trinity to a great one, which might be something to keep in mind.

5. A Bomb

OK, first things first, why have I never heard of Temples? This song left me absolutely slain. Going to check out their album right now. I also painfully relate to your fear of that mundane ‘poster life’ everyone seems to dream of, it’s so not me, but the same fear of daring to do different and failing… anyway, back to your trinity. ABBA, bitch. Yes. The description was serving me that girl on Twitter begging Santa to spank her, in the best way possible. And wow, a Rihanna rip-off? She better sue! I see your recycling previous Holy Trinity season titles. I like the Wikipedia analogy. You also summed up everything very nicely in this final paragraph. I think you already know you slayed this, but, you slayed this.

6. Satan

I think conceptually, this was a nice take on the challenge. You focused on a specific aspect of yourself and your feelings and really explored that. I feel like, in terms of progression, crushes should come before love, but that’s a minor thing. You picked some good songs that worked well with your descriptions, especially considering just how many songs there are out there about these subjects. It felt a little confusing because your ‘oldest’ diary entry was the most modern song, and then the next song was very old etc. but again, that’s just a minor thing. A bigger issue I had was the length. I feel like when you’re having these strong feelings, especially when using a diary, it’s almost like a way to vent and get everything out because you feel you can’t tell anyone, yet you’ve only given a few sentences per ‘diary entry’. It just seems a little half-baked, that’s all. (As an extra, it would have been an amazing touch if you’d actually stylized it like a diary entry, rather than just a block of text to really sell your theme.)

7. swiftie13

I don’t know why, but I expected a lot more. Stan for Tymps, ahem… sorry, Lémur, tho. #BuyOrigamiOnSoundcloud

8. Lémur

This is certainly a… you kind of trinity. Why am I bopping to the first song? The way the sloppy translation (at least I’m hoping it’s a sloppy translation) just keeps getting progressively worse and worse. :deadbanana3: I remember you playing that “Summer Girls” song in dub a bunch of times, and it truly is a lyrical atrocity. Bitch, everyone knows The Sims. Screamed at “even Pixie Lott!” Smile’s Simlish version was… horrible, to say the least. I think this trinity definitely showcased your sense of humour, which is what you set out to do, so good job on that. It did feel a little like a “Flop” trinity from previous seasons, though.

9. Queen Conchita

Formatting on point… well, that was until I realised clicking the image didn’t redirect to the song. It’s also quite hard to read on the lighter pink colour. I don’t really know how to say this, but the first song kind of sounded to me as if Sia had written an empowerment song and then put it through Google Translate a bunch of times and then set it back to English and recorded the result. :skull: I think the CeeLo song was a step up and I liked hearing what that song meant to you in particular. “Don’t Leave Me This Way” is definitely a classic and I think a nice end to your trinity, although I think I prefer other versions of the song.

10. MusicLoverDude

This was certainly personal, I’ll say that much. I think the song choices were fair and were definitely backed up by your explanations. I actually think the comparison between “Work” (the song) and life in general is hilarious, I haven’t heard of that meme before. I relate to that statement. The Britney song I think borders the line between opening up and TMI… OK, no, it definitely crosses the line, but I appreciate your honesty and confidence. I’m sad there’s no Samantha Jade, she needs the promo. I think it would have been better if you’d selected a song that embodied this new MLD you refer to throughout the entry, because you didn’t actually represent that new part of you with a song. Otherwise, it fit the challenge well.

2rWlFRh.thumb.gif.ac210afb96bb44d62886cd 

@Temporal

DripDrip

The presentation was nice, but this was kind of the exact opposite of a “me” trinity.

Fa1x

The songs themselves didn’t tell me anything, you told me about yourself, and I didn't feel that I gained a sense of how you are. I felt like the songs were secondary to the entry. Your life story but not your personality or who you really are came through.

Xed

Songs were okay, and the presentation was alright. I think the “destiny” narrative was a biT extra for a school project and that the colors didn’t feel grounded to everything else. There was too much going on here.

PhreshDiamond

Cheap Thrills isn’t really an antithesis to Phresh out the Runway in the way that your descriptions for both were. I did feel like I gained some sense of understanding you, albeit your songs didn’t do the majority of the lifting.

A Bomb

I liked the songs sonically, I think “Gimme” was a weak choice to showcase who you are when the other two songs did a much better job at showing your current dilemmas in life.

Satan

The whole love or bisexual theme should’ve been just one third of this entry since this could apply to really anybody (especially on ATRL), and I still don’t have a solid understanding of who you are or your life story really.

swiftie13

Buy Wanna Be With You on iTunes.

Tymps.

This was an interesting angle to take, but while I got a good sense of one aspect of you I feel like there was more to be discussed.

Queen Conchita

Definitely my favorite presentation. The three moods or topics didn’t work together entirely, and the “happiness” song didn’t tell me about you as much as the other two did.

MLD

“Work” was a pretty basic (and somewhat off base) example, “Touch of My Hand” and its description was WAY too much but “Bitch” was a nice choice. I did feel that I gained a good sense of you.

---

Ugly formatting aside, feel free to discuss your comments while I configure the rankings. Also, I have decided SaintWest is going through because, let's be honest, the game needs the players.

tumblr_inline_ob67qseR9b1rlcpt5_500.gif 

Mess I didn't know the other judges were novelists :deadbanana3:  I don't remember comments being so long last season :skull: Regardless I'll step my ***** game up for y'all next week!

2 minutes ago, Temporal said:

Mess I didn't know the other judges were novelists :deadbanana3:  I don't remember comments being so long last season :skull: Regardless I'll step my ***** game up for y'all next week!

I tried to make mine smaller actually, I've always been terrible at paraphrasing. I think the contestants will probably appreciate the simplicity of yours!

7 minutes ago, Hug said:

9. Queen Conchita

I don’t really know how to say this, but the first song kind of sounded to me as if Sia had written an empowerment song and then put it through Google Translate a bunch of times and then set it back to English and recorded the result. :skull:

I HOWLED :ahh::ahh::ahh:

10 minutes ago, Hug said:

Did you make all those songs yourself? Very impressive. The first song sounds really professional. For the write ups you chose a minimalist approach, but an advantage what you have is that all those songs you chose are from you and so they are already quite personal. I think what lacks a bit is that the first 2 songs are about character traits, and the 3rd song, whilst fits fine for this challenge, still feels like a bit of a weird follow up to the other 2 songs. You make lovely music btw :heart2: I wish all 3 songs were from the critically acclaimed Origami :eli:

Thank you :cupid:

But thanks judges for all of the comments that were directly about me! I shared your concerns about my entry tbh.

Sorry for confusing y'all about the play button not actually playing:ahh:

Thankyou for your comments, I completely agree on it not being personal enough in places, I'm just someone who doesn't feel deep personal connections with songs (I probably haven't been through enough in life yet) so I'm atleast pleased with what I wrote for the memories section!

Edited by Queen Conchita

I know it was an odd choice but I've honestly done like 30 Me trinities already that I'd just be repeating myself at this point, so I wanted to show this fantasy fairy-tale princess version of Me that I've always had in my head and created. 

Oh good thing I remembered one of the judges changed their scores. :cm: They also changed a comment and I forgot. :rip: 

I can do SaintWest's now real quick if you want?

24 minutes ago, Hug said:

I don’t really know how to say this, but the first song kind of sounded to me as if Sia had written an empowerment song and then put it through Google Translate a bunch of times and then set it back to English and recorded the result. :skull:

!!!! The entire time I was watching the lyrics I was just like "serving me in Italian class realness" :deadbanana3:  

5 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I can do SaintWest's now real quick if you want?

If you'd like to give them feedback, go ahead. I've already determined results without them, though!

They're coming in a few, y'all.

Just now, Temporal said:

!!!! The entire time I was watching the lyrics I was just like "serving me in Italian class realness" :deadbanana3:  

11659716.gif

4Z01yqQYQwwDbROaJQWc1py2wpT7JbrReVAjr8UmfY8r-c8WKxVhOWDUZY7e_zCil70jiEQynSNbHEt2BQAvNM6JVpV5RX_bgF0mSwcHgihViO46peqEUc_xn-rL0kMp_1GiPhJL

Round 1 - The ‘Me’ Trinity Results

Y’all were tasked to come up with creative ways to express yourselves. Some did great, some missed the mark. However, one of you REALLY impressed the judges, scoring the season’s first PERFECT score! (I can’t believe this happened already, actually. :rip: ) The first member of the season's first Golden Trinity is...

@A Bomb!

(T: 1 A: 1 N: 1)

Joining him in the trinity for both the second and third spots are a complete tie! Lucky for me, there’s no need to break this tie, as they’d both be in the Golden Trinity, regardless. Say hello to the other two members of Season 7’s first Golden Trinity…

@PhreshDiamond and @Xedretinz Lododnz

(Phresh - T: 2 A: 4 N: 3

XL - T: 3 A: 2 N: 4)

The members outside of the Trinity are as follows:

@Fa1x intelectual (T: 8 A: 3 N: 2)

@Lémur (T: 6 A: 5 N: 8)

@Queen Conchita(T: 4 A: 9 N: 7)

@Satan (T: 8 A: 7 N: 5)

Unfortunately...that means our very first Flop Trinity of the season consists of…

@MusicLoverDude (T: 5 A: 7 N: 9)

@DripDrip (T: 9, A: 6, N: 6)

@swiftie13 (T: 10 A: 10 N: 10)

A Bomb, PhreshDiamond, and Xedretinz Lododnz, you three must now come to a decision out of who you’d like to eliminate out of the Flop Trinity. You will have 24 hours to make this decision and message me privately, otherwise, the lowest scorer  will be eliminated. Choose wisely!

tumblr_inline_ob67qseR9b1rlcpt5_500.gif

(once again, sorry for it being so ugly :cm: )

not me just scraping :jonny: 

thank you......

poor flop trinity :dancehall: 

I was misunderstood 

C3WSX0h.gif

6 minutes ago, Queen Conchita said:

What do the numbers represent? @Hug

What each judge placed you at

T - Temporal

A - Aurora

N - Navyofbadgals

I wanted it to form a word, then I realized ANT would've worked just as well, AND it's alphabetical order :cm: I'll just do that next time.

Just now, Hug said:

What each judge placed you at

T - Temporal

A - Aurora

N - Navyofbadgals

I wanted it to form a word, then I realized ANT would've worked just as well, AND it's alphabetical order :cm: I'll just do that next time.

Oop best I try harder next round:coffee:

I just want to note that Navy's scores were adjusted for the removal of SaintWest, this affected the 7-10 placements in their scores, but ultimately doesn't change the FT/GT

I also updated the OP with contestants and quick links. The second round will be coming after the HT makes a decision.

Oh @ me ranking two people at #7. :cupid:

Congratulations to the Golden Trinity, especially A Bomb who slayed us all. :clap3: Good luck to those in the Flop Trinity...