POSE ™ 003 // FINALLY!

talent

17 hours ago, Invisibility said:

Inchresting I swear I saw Jan 8 on the round post

InvisibilityInvisibility

Inchresting because I saw IT too. That's why I rushed. i doesnt mean I would have selected better shots or came up with a better concept if i had had more time

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• talent

• Sabbath

• Invisibility

• PinkBox

tte0smx.png

@boys @thecptz

@beatinglikeadrum  /  Anja Rubik

Spoiler

B9iq8pQ.jpg

taSYyMk.jpg

neHSwe9.jpg

This is VintAnja 2.0.

I went for black and white concept which may be a little risk in the finale but I wanted to show the feminist side of Anja. You are probably confused but through the photos she shows that women has always been strong, that they can be bad ***es lying on a floor, giving "i dont care about you, you irrelevant creature, dont disturb me, I am having my cigarette" attitude, they can own a nice car or a house with a beautiful view. They dont have to be housewifes and serve dinners to their husbands and 2 children like it was in 40s and 50s. They can serve fashion, beauty and power though.

A Feminist Is Born in a black and white colours.

@Invisibility  /  Ayumi Hamasaki

Spoiler

H8M51vG.png

Tb0t2VK.png

jHYAD29.jpg

For the finale, I have made a three-piece selection that holds the essence of the cyclical, the inescapable: the passage of time represented through three stages of the day.

Firstly, MORNING. Ayu is all rise and shine as she's prepared to shoot for a magazine. The fog covering the windows, as well as the shadows cast on the minimalist studio reinforce the time when the sun is set up high. Finally, the warm browns evoking a sense of calmness and simplicity, envelop this shot.

Secondly, we come across the AFTERNOON. The model outshines the bright lights behind her, reminiscent of harsh office, mall or factory equipment both blue and white-collared workers' routines are filled with, which become especially dreadful towards the end of the working day. The strong stance and the gold look against the cold grays reinforce the theme that Ayu is way past unexciting schedules and routines.

Finally, NIGHT. The subject has fallen asleep on a cozy bed after a day of slaying your favs left, right and center. The warm light provided by the two lamps, and the regal aspect of the setting, symbolizing max comfort, mirror a well-earned rest. The vibrant reds remind us of the incomparable joy of home.

HQ PHOTOS

Spoiler

jHOxyRJ.jpg

YF7bAxT.jpg

0QxqWwZ.jpg

WfDDZza.png

@Nurr  /  Jolin Tsai

Spoiler

#DESIREforthatwin

K7eY67K.png

Why I think I should win Throughout this competition I've always tried to present a variety of different and visually interesting images (e.g. my maximalism or headshot) and with this set of images I've wanted to showcase how I am able to put these into a cohesive concept as well. Additionally, I've garnered the most wins thus far and several high placements which should also speak for why I am deserving of winning this competition.

Spoiler

QQAN297.jpg

1395G5z.jpg

7P3ShVQ.jpg

@Sabbath  /  Magdalena Frackowiak

Spoiler

Db5gnnX.png

SnlLhB8.jpg

SHOT BY SOLVE SUNDSBO FOR VOGUE CHINA

arEDVNf.jpg

SHOT BY ALEXI LUBOMIRSKI FOR VOGUE GERMANY

uK1eOVi.jpg

SHOT BY SEAN & SENG FOR NUMERO

Spoiler

SnlLhB8.jpg

uK1eOVi.jpg

Around 10 years ago, when I was a baby Sabbath who was just _casually_ interested in fashion, I came across a picture of Magdalena Frackowiak backstage at Jean Paul Gaultier FW 2009.

The picture in question didn’t have a fancy location or interesting lighting or cool props. The only thing it had going on for it was Magdalena posing, and that was enough to make it spectacular to me. It was literally my favorite picture for YEARS. There was something about her that mesmerised and fascinated me so much that it was the catalyst for me learning about fashion and photography more seriously.

Me coming across Magdalena was such a brief moment in time yet it impacted me so much, that I’ve been following her ever since.

Playing with her on this game was really hard. But that’s only ‘cause she’s done so many cool things and I wanted to show them all so bad. Every round I tried my best to showcase her portfolio in the best way I could, and while I obviously always wanted to win ‘cause it’s a game after all, my main goal was for everyone else to know her and hopefully like her as much as I do. I wanted to show how diverse her work has been for the past almost 15 years, 'cause she's more than just a pretty face and a nice body, and I don’t regret a single entry, no matter what the results were.

I was the frontrunner for the entire game up to the last 2 rounds, so I believe my choices and Magda’s portfolio speak for themselves.

MReSI5y.png

Just now, boys said:

I-..

the fact that this is the hardest round by far

the girls went absolutely ****ing hard. this is a spectacular finale

On 1/8/2020 at 8:22 PM, Invisibility said:

Inchresting I swear I saw Jan 8 on the round post

InvisibilityInvisibility

On 1/9/2020 at 2:06 PM, beatinglikeadrum said:

Inchresting because I saw IT too. That's why I rushed. i doesnt mean I would have selected better shots or came up with a better concept if i had had more time

rip it was definitely the 9th the post is unedited but then i gave @Nurr until this morning because she asked for the extension

@Sabbath using the made-up background/emotional connection story card, no words!

Jk love ya :heart2:

2 minutes ago, talent said:

rip it was definitely the 9th the post is unedited but then i gave @Nurr until this morning because she asked for the extension

Bildergebnis für atrl gif 2020

OT: glad i'm not a judge rn, good luck sistrens

Seeing all the entries in more detail, I think this is arguably the best of each of us ladies :jonny:

The budget!

The cohesion!

The visual presentation!

Wishing the best for my fellow competitors

if anyone is interested here's the breakdown of my shortlist for my top 25 pics of the season

Freestyle: 3

Glamour: 1

Fantasy: 3

Grayscale: 2

Sex: 0

Maximalism: 2

Liquid: 5

Candid: 1

Colour: 2

Double: 3

Triple: 6

Party: 3

Cover: 3

Prop: 3

Victory: 1

Headshot: 2

Best Shot: 2

Finale: 8

and no, they don't all coordinate with my rankings for those rounds  :fan:

maybe ill just do a top 50 and cut 3 and not do any honorable mentions  :matty:

Oh I absolutely want to do a top 10 like last season again

A trendsetter :clap3:

9 minutes ago, talent said:

if anyone is interested here's the breakdown of my shortlist for my top 25 pics of the season

Freestyle: 3

Glamour: 1

Fantasy: 3

Grayscale: 2

Sex: 0

Maximalism: 2

Liquid: 5

Candid: 1

Colour: 2

Double: 3

Triple: 6

Party: 3

Cover: 3

Prop: 3

Victory: 1

Headshot: 2

Best Shot: 2

Finale: 8

and no, they don't all coordinate with my rankings for those rounds  :fan:

Aksjdjdj you really said NO to sex huh?

Poor Ezra!

4 minutes ago, Invisibility said:

Aksjdjdj you really said NO to sex huh?

Poor Ezra!

it was just bad but you kinda snapped with your sex shot and ive been comparing everything to it since

1 minute ago, talent said:

it was just bad but you kinda snapped with your sex shot and ive been comparing everything to it since

let me specify @Invisibility although im sure you know i meant shiina's sex shot

17 minutes ago, talent said:

let me specify @Invisibility although im sure you know i meant shiina's sex shot

Shiina the standard wbk!! The way she delivered the best and worst shots of the season one after the other, who else was doin it like ha

whew, we did THAT :clap3:

idk how to explain it, but I feel like all 4 spreads are so alike to our aesthetics/personality, like you can tell which one belonged to who

sidenote/fun fact: that's MANdalena on my second pic ddd

4 hours ago, talent said:

maybe ill just do a top 50 and cut 3 and not do any honorable mentions  :matty:

here for top 50 tbh!

2 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

whew, we did THAT :clap3:

idk how to explain it, but I feel like all 4 spreads are so alike to our aesthetics/personality, like you can tell which one belonged to who

sidenote/fun fact: that's MANdalena on my second pic ddd

they're all gonna get positive reviews from me. i don't really have any problems at all with any of them. some of them push the envelope a little more which i feel is definitely also evident like you said based on who y'all are, but it's just SUCH a good finale. i'm VERY pleased. really glad we finished this.

Oh wow all 4 snappedT 

Good luck all! 

Please tag me when the finale happens 

1 hour ago, Nurr said:

erm

Ain't this OldBox ha fave word

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.