Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Is anti-circumcision activism a waste of energy?

234 posts in this topic

(notice all these people in the tweets are jewish :mandown:)

Thoughts?

A big waste of time. I’m uncut, and I really don’t see the problem with circumcision at all. At the end of the day, **** is ****

i'm happy with my cut **** 

genital mutilation isn't fun for nobody, honestly. if guys want it done of consenting age, sure, but doing for non-medical and religion/culture reasons on a baby that doesn't have a say has always been wrong.

:cm:

advocating against hygiene :skull:

Just now, nina_ said:

advocating against hygiene :skull:

washing yourself is hygiene, not cutting of the dirty parts... my hands are dirty all the time i guess imma cut them off yay :bibliahh:

Its healthier to cut it off, that’s just facts. 

Its definitely a waste of energy to protest this

I don't agree with the tweet at all.

There is a big movement against female genital mutilation and circumcision is the equivalent for men, so why is there a double standard?

Circumcision can go really wrong and cause constant discomfort, to the point where some men commit suicide from the pain. In my view it should only be done for medical reasons. If it's for religious reasons, I feel like they need to wait until the child is old enough to know what it all means. 

Those saying it's unhygienic to be uncircumcised...just no.  

*cries in I'm getting circumcised next month*

13 minutes ago, SHRINE said:

genital mutilation isn't fun for nobody, honestly. if guys want it done of consenting age, sure, but doing for non-medical and religion/culture reasons on a baby that doesn't have a say has always been wrong.

:cm:

this tea right here :cm: 

1 minute ago, Zack said:

There is a big movement against female genital mutilation and circumcision is the equivalent for men, so why is there a double standard?

FGM is not performed for medical reasons...

What a bunch of idiots. Wasting time and energy on extra penis skin.

1 minute ago, ProudLBS said:

FGM is not performed for medical reasons...

Neither is circumcision in a large number of cases though.  

1 minute ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

this tea right here :cm: 

well you're doing it for our wedding :heart2:

love kissing huge foreskin :mmm:

2 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

*cries in I'm getting circumcised next month*

Why? 

I only agree with it if it's for medical reasons or if the guy wants it. Doing it because you want your son to be like you or for religion is ridiculous. 

Americans and their nonsense: antivax, thinking foreskin is dirty, etc. 

Thinking it’s dirty just means that *you* are dirty and that you don’t wash yourself lmao

I wash twice a day, sometimes more, everything is clean. Don’t worry.

Your belief that it is dirty is based on *nothing at all* and I find it hilarious that people still hide their ignorance behind “hygiene” purpose. As if all Europeans were dirty because of that.

As someone pointed out already, hands are ALWAYS dirty, much more than your dick, and you’re not going to cut them, right? Wash them every 30 minutes and everything is going to be okay.

Also, reading that from people who literally use paper to “clean” their ass after taking a **** instead of washing it like Muslims rightfully do, wow. Hygiene lessons are not welcome from you lol

Yes, it is child mutilation and you should wait until the kid is 10/11 to see if he wants to do it or not. That’s all.

Posted (edited)

Not sure, there seems to be a lot of misconceptions about circumcision in America, so maybe this activism is necessary. I was shocked when I learned it's pretty much the norm to be cut over there.

Like girl you think you know better than thousands and thousands of years of evolution :deadbanana: if male humans are born with that then it's the way it should be. You learn to clean your dirty parts, not cut them :skull:

2 minutes ago, Zack said:

Neither is circumcision in a large number of cases though.  

I agree, but circumcision sometimes has a purpose, FGM is just an attack on a woman's right to sexual pleasure.

It’s not. Circumcision has been banned in some countries so that means activism can work. But America has bigger fish to fry...

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Why? 

I only agree with it if it's for medical reasons or if the guy wants it. Doing it because you want your son to be like you or for religion is ridiculous. 

My foreskin won't take a step back when asked to and I can't have fun without hurting myself

993mgx.jpg

I agree, but circumcision sometimes has a purpose, FGM is just an attack on a woman's right to sexual pleasure.

but the circumcision activism here in question is fighting against non-medical reasons, just like FGM

No, circumcision is barbaric and should be abandoned unless there's a valid medical reason to do it.

1 minute ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

but the circumcision activism here in question is fighting against non-medical reasons, just like FGM

well, for non-medical reasons or not I honestly wish I had had mine chopped off as baby instead of having to have it done at age 20

hellokteklk.gif

I'm not disputing that, in fact I agree.

But then it follows that for the situations where circumcision is not for medical reasons (which it quite commonly isn't) then activism against it is not "a total waste of time and energy".

I know there are many guys who regret the fact that they were cut without the chance to decide themselves, so I can't see what's wrong with raising awareness about that, particularly to parents who make these decisions, which is why I don't agree with the tweet at all.