Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Song of the Season 01 | Round 5 pg. 139, R4 ranks 138

3,763 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

YukbtEj.gif

Welcome to the first ever Song Of The Season competition!  Who doesn't love a good summer song?

We know songwriting can be tricky, but through this game we will be working on a variety of different

ways to create unique and exciting lyrics, vying to create that pivotal Song of the Season.

How this game works is simple.  It's a lyric writing competition, wherein each round will focus on a 

different theme or topic surrounding songwriting, with a variety of challenge criteria to help guide you

along the way.  Think of your most ambitious concepts, the songs you've been dying to write about, or

even your catchiest pop hits.  This is the tournament where these ideas come alive.

The Logistics:

This game will consist of 12 rounds.  

Each week you will submit a song fitting the criteria (just the written lyrics) and PM them to the judges.

We'll read each song carefully and come up with useful feedback that can help you grow as a songwriter

or even just offer a new perspective for you to explore.  There won't be any eliminations in the first round either, so if you're

trying to get a feel for things this will be a perfect chance for you to try out.  The songs will be ranked on a weekly chart -

you'll be able to see how your concepts stack up against your talented competitors!

Throughout the game you will also have the opportunity to work with your fellow players to create a community.  

This way you can reach out to each other for advice and feedback.  As much as you want that elusive #1 hit,

this is really a game to experiment and write the kinds of songs you've always wanted.

Eliminated? Don't worry!  In the very next round you can submit a song.  If you are able to reach a certain

threshold for that week, you will immediately be brought back into the competition.  This way, if you took a

creative risk or had an off-week you wouldn't have to worry about that impacting you.  We encourage you

to take risks and experiment!

The Panel:

9LMp9FY.gif51gIV9u.gifRPKrYbV.gifqTCfKAF.gif.f515b9cb5403bc2e8b9513cf7559f2xopQR.gif

Remember, our panel will be with you the entire way (we may even write our own songs as things go along too!)

We hope this will be a great opportunity to flex your creative muscles and pour your heart out.

For sharing your work:
Google Drive - you can save your work and have access to it from any computer. Highly recommended for storing whatever you write!

Pastebin - note that by default, works posted here will be shared publicly. If you want it to be hidden from public view, make sure to change it to unlisted

Word Counter - also checks how many words your writing uses and gives interesting information about it, as well as helps correct mistakes)

For enhancing your work:

Grammarly - free version checks spelling, grammar, and punctuation usage. Available as a browser extension.

RhymeZone - gives you a list of words that rhyme with any word you put in

B-Rhymes - same as RhymeZone, but features slant rhymes as well

For inspiring your work:

OneWord - gives you a random word and 60 seconds to write anything that comes to mind. Good writing exercise)

Other advice:

Taking in media of any kind (music, television, movies, books, etc.) is a great way to expand your knowledge base and creative inspirations. Being varied in what you consume is one of the most effective ways to better yourself as a writer. Looking to your fellow writers for help, and helping them in return, is great for figuring out what you like in writing, and where you or others may go wrong, so you know for the future what to avoid.

hey hi hello yo whats up 

Hi, im not good with writing songs so I cant signup but I wanna send my support to this game! :alexz:

Platinum Hit players must be tagged here imo :-*

1 minute ago, Yvess said:

Hi, im not good with writing songs so I cant signup but I wanna send my support to this game! :alexz:

Platinum Hit players must be tagged here imo :-*

We're really trying to encourage learning, so if you've ever wanted to try to write just for fun then don't be afraid to. :heart2: Thank you for the support BTW.

Omg yassss.

1. JonginBey

omg the promo

Sign me up please.

2 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Omg yassss.

1. JonginBey

Ahh hello :heart2:Nice to see you here

This sounds interesting and experimental, I was expecting this to be a Choose the Album kinda thing when I saw the title. I'm in!

1. JonginBey

2. URBAN

3. Invisibility

....keep going

Girl it was a struggle for me in PH and only really played that game so I could be up to date with everything in Dubtrack 

Magnum Opus will remain my magnum opus 

I haven't attempted to write anything in months so this should be fun :duca:

1. JonginBey

2. URBAN

3. Invisibility

4. Auburn

....keep going

I was thinking about PH literally today

I'm ****ing psychic, my mind :psyduck:

1 minute ago, jpow said:

Girl it was a struggle for me in PH and only really played that game so I could be up to date with everything in Dubtrack 

We're aiming to make this much less "intense" than Platinum Hit, and we won't be giving out secret tea in Dubtrack or anything like that. :skull: If you decide later on you want to submit, we're gonna be open to sign ups for a while~

sing me up

I'd like to sign up :date2:!

1 minute ago, jpow said:

I know what you mean, and it was something I experienced too.  However, our aim for this game is to focus more on creativity and experimentation.  It'll be much much less pressure and the panel will be writing along with you at the same time.  If you're interested, we'd love to have you sign up! :gaycat3:

girl sign me UP

Sing me up, maybe this time I'll write something decent. The banner. The promo. 

Wow a nice number of sign ups already! Luv y'all~ :heart2: 

1. JonginBey

2. URBAN

3. Invisibility

4. Auburn

5. Overprotected

6. Riri.

7. IvyTower

8. Bawdee

9. beatinglikeadrum

....keep going