Jump to content
Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Madonna - Madame X Review Thread: Metacritic - 70/100

298 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

Rebel Heart and Madame X had overall positive reviews though not luke warm.  Your acting like she has a 35 or something.

 

Madonna inspires the weirdest haters. LOL

 

 

A 35 is overwhelmingly negative, 60-70 is lukewarm or mildly positive. I don’t think you understand the meaning of the word. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Second Coming said:

As you, apart from following obsessively every somewhat negative Madonna review, also claim to follow Metacritic, you would already know that a 70 means generally favorable reviews for an album considered overall good by the critics and universally acclaimed by the users and fans with a 9,1. So keep seething and hoping for a lower score while Madonna remains being successful topping the charts with objectively proved good and experimental material that is vastly acclaimed by countless review sites and celebrated by fans due to her talent and relevancy as the Queen of Pop. 

:ahh:  The insecurity jumped out.

 

I understand the classification of “generally positive reviews,” but I also recognize that Metacritic scores (even ones actually denoting acclaim) are not indicative of quality, and that’s made evident by Madonna’s last several albums that even her stans are force-feeding themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

A 35 is overwhelmingly negative, 60-70 is lukewarm or mildly positive. I don’t think you understand the meaning of the word. 

Nope.

 

00-39 'Generally unfavorable reviews'

40-60 'Mixed or average reviews'

61-79 'Generally favorable' 

81-100 'Universal acclaim'

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StrangerInTheDark said:

Nope.

 

00-39 'Generally unfavorable reviews'

40-60 'Mixed or average reviews'

61-79 'Generally favorable' 

81-100 'Universal acclaim'

 

 

 

 

You’re still not getting it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

 

I understand the classification of “generally positive reviews,” but I also recognize that Metacritic scores (even ones actually denoting acclaim) are not indicative of quality, and that’s made evident by Madonna’s last several albums that even her stans are force-feeding themselves.

Quote

:ahh:  The insecurity jumped out.:ahh:  The insecurity jumped out.:ahh:  The insecurity jumped out.:ahh:  The insecurity jumped out.:ahh:  The insecurity jumped out.:ahh:  The insecurity jumped out.:ahh:  The insecurity jumped out.:ahh:  The insecurity jumped out.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, suburbannature said:

You’re still not getting it. 

Nope, we're all getting it. You are just pressed as fu*k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Nope, we're all getting it. You are just pressed as fu*k.

Google the definition of “lukewarm” 

 

And every single one of my faves actually releases good, acclaimed music that I don’t have to pretend to like. There’s nothing to be pressed about.

 

I didn’t even start this silliness...a Madonna fan took my usual updates personally because the review was negative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so glad this album is getting praise and making sloppy bottoms seethe! :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Google the definition of “lukewarm” 

You're literally here presenting your OPINION as facts while trying to discredit REVIEWS that you are here running to post when score goes down

 

Quote

And every single one of my faves actually releases good

Oh honey, no, not even close, especially not that one... 

 

Quote

I didn’t even start this silliness

Yeah you did, your intentions are clear. 

 

Quote

because the review was negative

You're the pressed one because score on metacritic is not negative and it won't be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

You're literally here presenting your OPINION as facts while trying to discredit REVIEWS that you are here running to post when score goes down

 

Oh honey, no, not even close, especially not that one... 

 

Yeah you did, your intentions are clear. 

 

You're the pressed one because score on metacritic is not negative and it won't be.

:ahh: I had no idea Madonna online fans were like this. No wonder Monsters have a field day with them. I've always liked Madonna, and I own all of her albums up until Hard Candy, and probably stanned her harder than you ever have - but I am not delulu. The definition of a word is not my "opinion." It's the definition. A mess.

 

 

And yes, every single one of my pop girl faves no matter how you try to spin it. Now we see you're the one who is truly pressed and irrational.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, suburbannature said:

You’re still not getting it. 

Do you realize how transparent you're looking right now? :psyduck: 

Anyway, underrated and misinterpreted by some critics, some gave a fair mixed/negative review, some gave fair positives as well. Overall, the reception for this record has been more on the positive side. 

 

Anyway, we love the most acclaimed mainstream female artist of all time! :1stplace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other reviews from different countries around the world:


4 stars in Journal de Montreal: "Her best album since a long time"

 

D9Z6YnLUwAArmxe.jpg:large


"Madonna is never as powerful as when she assumes to be dead and come back from the dead." In "Medellin", a song that disrupts her melody, Mirwais installs it in an elegiac vibration over her past, ready to relive what she did not live "Dark Ballet" plunges her into the skin of Joan of Arc, a way of double sacrificed, that she plays in the superb video that accompanies it, by the formidable Mykki Blanco, whom she had sung in Israel, during the Eurovision, in a way of political claim (but which no one has noted) since it is a question of crimes which remain ignored and which are nevertheless made in the light of day. "God Control" is a summit, given as an operation of pure plastic force, in turn disco, gospel, Gregorian chant and hymn against firearms. "Batuka" repeats Cape Verde in litany, "Killers who are partying And the terribly successful "I don t search I find "multiplies the images of Lady X. And this is perhaps the most radiant point of Madonna's songs: this moment when each song changes, as if it would die precisely at the end of each song - as parenthesis. More than pop, Madonna is baroque in the style of a Kanye West who finds here with Madonna an opponent of size as if the Life of Pablo responded, by his art of collage, The Life of Mado.""A return to a political vision that fortunately does not pass by yet another anti-Trump speech (which serve no purpose but participate in the generalized fair that it feeds) but a political response of form: a form where each song is a collage of influences, an operation again Frankensteinnienne to claim dissimilarity as a founding principle, as Madonna has always done: the dissimilarity as a paradoxical principle of recognition.It must be said here, in Madonna, The autotune is political.The drum machine is political.The presence of young Maluma is political.His musical desire is political.His standing is political.Medonna is political, fundamentally political because she is woman for women and women, sometimes at risk of her music but she definitely embodies the counter-figure of contemporary parlor - a definitive heroine in very dark times. "

 

Madonna Remains Our Most Unpredictable Pop Star

 

review.thumb.jpeg.d3a90b5539deb47fdf9a22

 

 

IMG-20190621-WA0023.thumb.jpg.4e5a4d3cd4

 

4 star from Sputnik Music: It’s emotionally powerful and, frankly, bizarrely eclectic in all the right ways

 

Madonna's 'Madame X' Creates New Possibilities For the Future

 

Madonna Cements Herself As A Musical Chameleon With ‘Madame X’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, suburbannature said:

:ahh: I had no idea Madonna online fans were like this. No wonder Monsters have a field day with them. I've always liked Madonna, and I own all of her albums up until Hard Candy, and probably stanned her harder than you ever have - but I am not delulu. The definition of a word is not my "opinion." It's the definition. A mess.

 

 

And yes, every single one of my pop girl faves no matter how you try to spin it. Now we see you're the one who is truly pressed and irrational.

You're not fooling anyone with your act, you only look more desperate and pressed.

 

Oh, imagine thinking that, well we can always use metacritic to check that sweetheart hahahahag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

They used to count for metacritic before. Does that still happen?

It should, metacritic had their recent reviews added for Miley and some other June releases...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

They used to count for metacritic before. Does that still happen?

Yep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

They used to count for metacritic before. Does that still happen?

They only count staff reviews - they add some “contributors” but not all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alaska. said:

Yep

Review was published 10 days ago, do you know why it's not there yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

It should, metacritic had their recent reviews added for Miley and some other June releases...

 

16 minutes ago, Alaska. said:

Yep

 

14 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

They only count staff reviews - they add some “contributors” but not all. 

wow i just read the comments on that review. it was a sad read. unbelievable :rip:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

Review was published 10 days ago, do you know why it's not there yet?

Then they probably won't count it since the other reviews were added like in the same day they got published. But nice to see all the glowing reviews and good MC score :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, suburbannature said:

I understand the classification of “generally positive reviews,” but I also recognize that Metacritic scores (even ones actually denoting acclaim) are not indicative of quality, and that’s made evident by Madonna’s last several albums that even her stans are force-feeding themselves.

What a weird attitude to have. ”I don’t like Madonna’s albums therefore everyone who claims to do is pretending”. :deadbanana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, LikeaRebel said:

What a weird attitude to have. ”I don’t like Madonna’s albums therefore everyone who claims to do is pretending”. :deadbanana:

If you could read you’d find that’s not what I said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, suburbannature said:

If you could read you’d find that’s not what I said. 

She hasn’t released a good album in ten years no matter how much you pretend to like them”. How was I supposed to interpret that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites