Death penalty  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Death penalty

• In Favor
    • Against

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Vote.

Against. Making the death penalty legal opens up a huge philosophical can of worms.

I know this is a controversial subject but I think if you willingly take an innocent life, you should have yours taken as well. Period.

People want the death penalty because they see it as deserved punishment.

However if you want true punishment for a heinous individual - keeping them alive is far worse than a lethal injection. Why? Because in dying they would escape the hell of being in jail forever and be free. 

If they remain alive they can suffer in jail and think about the horrible things they've done to people.

..Personally I am against death penalty because its disgusting. How can I be dedicated to having an opinion about the necessity of someone having to die without losing my ability to have compassion (and therefore clarity) for other people, no matter how heinous they are. 

Against. Criminals should SUFFER and rot in jail for the rest of their lives, not be given an easy exit.

against. 

no matter the crime, i dont believe the government should have the right to decide whether someone lives or not 

Depends on the context tbh. 

No def against 

Only if they did something so awful.. and prison can't even punish them enough

Against

Only heinous crimes where there is absolutely no doubt the accused did it. Prisons are just boring hotels anyways.

Against. I don’t think the state should have the power to execute. But then again if someone like Dylann Roof gets it I have a hard time caring because he deserves to die.

Omg i will have to debate about this in class this weekend, im for the team against Death Penalty. Please help give your input sister.

Against rapists and murderers yes and good riddance :cm:

I'm for it. Some people just don't deserve to live. But there needs to be more stringent rules on what cases result in that ruling. There should be absolutely no possible way an innocent person can be put to death. Also they need a more consistent way to put people to death instead of using these awful cocktails, just use fentanyl damn. 

Against.. 

Against. If you can’t make life, you shouldn’t take it.

Plus, there are many worst fates than death. For the most horrid of crimes, some people deserve things worse than death.

Only for people who use the word irregardless. 

Against. Legal ****-ups happen and I don't want an innocent person getting killed

Rapists have no right to live!

I don’t have enough faith in the justice system to support the death penalty. 

Why would I want my taxes being used to feed rapists, terrorists and serial killers? Get rid of them. In favor. 

2 hours ago, Judas Bertha said:

against. 

no matter the crime, i dont believe the government should have the right to decide whether someone lives or not 

Idk. I don’t care as long as the people are UNDERSTOOD to be convicted of a huge crime against humanity.

For it but the justice system is so ****ed up that half of the people facing a death sentence are actually innocent or undeserving so im going to vote no. 

However if we have it on tape, kill it! 

2 hours ago, MardinBeksloy said:

Omg i will have to debate about this in class this weekend, im for the team against Death Penalty. Please help give your input sister.

This is easy to argue. Just pull up the countless cases where the person who was killed was actually innocent or had a mistrial or had a designated lawyer who didnt care or the “rapists” who faced a death sentence but were later found not guilty after a DNA test or the corrupt judges etc...

you better get an A+  This is easy af