Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

TLK to outgross Avengers:Endgame

53 posts in this topic

The Lion King remake is most likely going to be Disney's biggest movie of 2019, not Avengers: Endgame (and perhaps not even Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker). With so many sequels, remakes, and superhero movies releasing this year, Disney is on track to have their biggest year ever at the box office. Of course, the two major players here are Endgame and The Rise of Skywalker, but it's nonsensical to consider The Lion King an underdog in this race, despite the fervent fanbases that Marvel and Star Wars have developed over the years.

The Lion King Will Be Disney's Biggest 2019 Movie - Not Avengers: Endgame

Beyoncé’s Lion King is coming to SLAY the box office :alexz2: 

Can't wait for TLK to become the highest grossing movie of ALL TIME :jonny2:

I don't see it outgrossing End Game :michael:

Not Screenrant :skull:

Yeah no:bibliahh:

It will do 1 billion+ though :clap3:

Omg I can't wait :duca:

:duca: I would expect no less with Queen B attached.

disney needs to be stopped :psyduck:

I can see it happening in domestic

Avatar - The Lion King - Avengers: Endgame will be the new trinity by the end of this year

It's at minimum doing 1.5b ww(and no, this is not a set up or delulu) 

BatB did 1.3b and it was basic. The Lion King is a much more established brand, that crossed over different mediums of entertainment and covers different demographics. Not to mention that the director is good and has a good track record.

I think it'll do more than 1.5b but let's keep it at that.

More than Endgame ww? No way. Domestic? Highly unlikely but not completely out of the question if it somehow blows up, it's got 550-600 domestic in the bag by default.

Wow are they really expecting it to be that big?

I see right through this thread.

QnPoiFC.gif

Im ****ing sick of pop girl stan wars, when will this toxic poison LEAVE pop culture discussions?

-

The Lion King Musical Is Now the Highest-Grossing Box Office Draw Ever

Disney’s stage musical version of The Lion King has grossed more than $6.2 billion worldwide, according to a new report, making it the biggest box office hit of any work in any medium of all time.

http://time.com/3418379/lion-king-musical/

The Lion King (1994) - Second highest grossing movie of all time at its peak, only behind Jurassic Park

The Jungle Book (2016 remake of a 1967 film) - made $967M worldwide (same director as The Lion King Remake)

These are non-delulu facts, TLK is a STRONG global brand, bigger than ANY pop girl alive

It's definitely possible but a long shot. I think it depends on how acclaimed it is.

Posted (edited)

it's a base-less opinion piece.

8 minutes ago, Wolfgang said:

Im ****ing sick of pop girl stan wars, when will this toxic poison LEAVE pop culture discussions?

-

The Lion King Musical Is Now the Highest-Grossing Box Office Draw Ever

Disney’s stage musical version of The Lion King has grossed more than $6.2 billion worldwide, according to a new report, making it the biggest box office hit of any work in any medium of all time.

http://time.com/3418379/lion-king-musical/

The Lion King (1994) - Second highest grossing movie of all time at its peak, only behind Jurassic Park

The Jungle Book (2016 remake of a 1967 film) - made $967M worldwide (same director as The Lion King Remake)

These are non-delulu facts, TLK is a STRONG global brand, bigger than ANY pop girl alive

The fact that it's the most successful musical in history :jonny:

But I don't see people running to the cinema when the mall opens to watch the lion king unlike avengers where there was almost a stampede going to the theaters. 

But I don't see people running to the cinema when the mall opens to watch the lion king unlike avengers where there was almost a stampede going to the theaters. 

No. The article was written before End Game came out. In other words, the author had no idea it would go onto being the biggest movie of all time (w/o inflation). If the Lion King does half of what End Game has done already it will already be a major success.

Lol is not even going to best Endgame’s opening weekend

I can se it do $150-$170 mil opening

it wont even do $2bil WW

That is not happening and you have to be highly delusional to think otherwise. It's unlikely TLK is even gonna open with as many screens as Avengers: Endgame did in the first place