Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Is Megan about to replace Cardi?

270 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Megan Thee Stallion is quickly establishing herself as rap’s newest IT girl. Despite not being signed to a major label or having a “hit” on the Hot 100, her debut mixtape, Fever, is set to debut in the top 10 next week. She’s already well respected within the hip hop community and she’s only getting bigger. This leads me to wonder, what does this mean for Bodak Yellow rapper? Can Cardi and Megan both coexist, or will the GP move on?

Better question why are you already pitting them against each other? I don’t even see the fake Cardi stans doing that..

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or are all these girls just copying Nicki? I get it, Cardi has the #1’s and the Grammy, but Nicki’s a legacy act now and proved she can still have a decent hit lead single and huge top 3 after being “outshined”.

Cardi can easily be forgotten, but Nicki is in good form for now :eli:

This Megan chick isn’t bringing anything new tho 

Posted (edited)

Nope, they're gonna coexist while early 2010s fads are left in the past :heart2: 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

Better question why are you already pitting them against each other? I don’t even see the fake Cardi stans doing that..

I’m not necessarily putting them against each other. It’s just an observation. We all know how the industry/GP is about female rappers, and the “there can only be one” mentality a lot of people have.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

Nope, they're gonna coexist while early 2010s fads are left in the past :heart2: 

ok

We’ll see if she wins a Grammy. 

8 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

Is it just me or are all these girls just copying Nicki? I get it, Cardi has the #1’s and the Grammy, but Nicki’s a legacy act now and proved she can still have a decent hit lead single and huge top 3 after being “outshined”.

Nicki is known for generic pop songs produced by David Guetta and Stargate. She’s as much of a rapper as Beyoncé and Rihanna. Ain’t no legacy for her. She came and went.:lmao:

15 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

I’m not necessarily putting them against each other. It’s just an observation. We all know how the industry/GP is about female rappers, and the “there can only be one” mentality a lot of people have.

But most people are looking forward to them possibly collaborating, it’s not even a “thing” between them but you’re clearly trying to stir it up. 

1 hour ago, Mattyboy said:

not nicki ****ing minah being a legacy act :rip: 

1 hour ago, liberalmusiclover said:

We’ll see if she wins a Grammy. 

Nicki is known for generic pop songs produced by David Guetta and Stargate. She’s as much of a rapper as Beyoncé and Rihanna. Ain’t no legacy for her. She came and went.:lmao:

:bibliahh:

nobodies replacing anybody ffs:toofunny3:

Interesting how a certain person keeps getting brought up, but nobody’s discussing Megan. Can we start there? :celestial5:

We need to see how Fever and the rest of her singles do lol. 

Megan will never be mainstream as Cardi or Nicki though.

Unlike your stupid fave with a terrible legacy, Cardi is enjoying success alongside multiple other rap females. It is so sad to see the stans that live by that there can only be one mentality, it is false. We are enjoying a repeak in female rap, we haven't seen this since the 90s

no one really "replaces" anyone. everyone usually stays alive.

stars become more or less popular all the time. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Delicious said:

A lot of people said the same thing about Cardi, but you’re right, only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

Unlike your stupid fave with a terrible legacy, Cardi is enjoying success alongside multiple other rap females. It is so sad to see the stans that live by that there can only be one mentality, it is false. We are enjoying a repeak in female rap, we haven't seen this since the 90s

You’re so mad lol. There’s literally two female rappers in my sig, and I’m praising a third. :dies: 

So a Nicki stan is already fake stanning an upcoming female rapper in the hopes she will dethrone Cardi, the reigning Queen of Rap?! 

Dejavu! :bibliahh:

3 hours ago, OnikaSlays said:

Megan Thee Stallion is quickly establishing herself as rap’s newest IT girl. Despite not being signed to a major label or having a “hit” on the Hot 100, her debut mixtape, Fever, is set to debut in the top 10 next week. She’s already well respected within the hip hop community and she’s only getting bigger. This leads me to wonder, what does this mean for Bodak Yellow rapper? Can Cardi and Megan both coexist, or will the GP move on?

You just answered your question 

meg is RAPS new it girl.

she has little mainstream appeal or crossover personality to be a hip pop artist.

she seems great for rap but cardi is not just a rapper.

meg attending the Met gala? 

Meg turning down a slot at the Super Bowl?

Meg performing at the Grammys?

she needs to have a different appeal to get those moves

she hasnt developed a brand outside of being a female rapper so...

But its it’s good to see different female rappers making moves.

Let’s not put an inability for them to co-exist into the air 

She's not mainstream enough, She needs to appeal to the masses (like Nicki). 

I see her being a notch above the city girls

35 minutes ago, Delicious said:

Fax. Nicki cardi Kim Missy eve etc had a certain appeal.

there are mainstream and there are core hip hop rappers.

meg gives me Charli Baltimore/Trina/foxy vibes.

in a good way.

nothing wrong with it but you can’t build it...you have it or you don’t 

which sucks about azealia and iggy because they both had mainstream appeal and had it factors that could have taken them far had they made smarter moves

azealia- sanity 

iggy- embracing being the female flo Rida/pitbull instead of trying to prove she loves hip hop to a group that would never accept her no matter what

3 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

delusional. 

OT: I don’t get the Megan hype, her music sucks.

y’all already putting them against each other :ace:

33 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

You’re so mad lol. There’s literally two female rappers in my sig, and I’m praising a third. :dies: 

I'm not mad at all, I love the way female rap is thriving and Onika is over. You're confusing me pointing out your stupidity for anger