Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Shallow about to surpass 7Rings on Spotify WW

289 posts in this topic

Spotify WW :

#16 Ariana Grande - 7 Rings : 2 263 821 streams

#17 Lady Gaga - Shallow : 2 191 603 streams 

Yesterday the gap between the two songs was about 140K streams, today the gap is about 70K streams :deadbanana4:

Shallow was released in September 2018 and 7Rings was released in january 2019 :deadbanana4:

The longevity of Shallow is absolutely incredible :deadbanana4: I never saw a longevity like that on Spotify except Despacito/Shape Of You/Rockstar :deadbanana4: 8 months after its release Shape Of You was #15 on the weekly spotify chart and Shallow is also still in the top 20 at #17 this week :deadbanana4: Even the monster smash Havana didn't pull 2M+ daily update 8 months after its release :deadbanana4:

I can"t at this slayage :rip:  

Bradley’s impact! 

And yet 7 rings spent 8 weeks at #1 (more than any Gaga single she's ever released) and more time in the Top 10 of the Hot 100 than Shallow despite not having a major motion picture, countless live performances, a ton of promotional tours, etc.

Ariana really does run pop :jonny5:

1 minute ago, R.E.M. said:

And yet 7 rings spent 8 weeks at #1 (more than any Gaga single she's ever released) and more time in the Top 10 of the Hot 100 than Shallow despite not having a major motion picture, countless live performances, a ton of promotional tours, etc.

I was also surprised to learn that 7 rings has 656 Million streams, while Shallow only has 651 Million streams. Meaning 7 rings has MORE!

How can this be possible when "Shallow was released in September 2018 and 7Rings was released in january 2019 :deadbanana4:"????????? It is SHOCKING to me that 7 rings has managed to outstream Shallow in such a short amount of time :eek::eek:

3 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Countless live performances?

1 minute ago, R.E.M. said:

Shallow literally had two televised live performances and all promotional tours she did were explicitily for the movie only, with no regards to getting Shallow to the masses. What happened to you, some months ago you were actually nice. :!ohno:

good job keeping up with Trap records

two legends slaying. No fads allowed :clap3:

Shallow outlasting every single hit, even the aggressively promoted meme songs like 7 Rings :deadbanana2:

10 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Shallow is way bigger WW than 7 rings 

But both 7 rings and Shallow are monster hits. 

Gaga and Ariana really do run pop 

Too bad your fave is a flop 

only THE queens of 2018 and 2019 :clap3:

8 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

What “countless performances and a ton of promotional tours” are you even talking about when the song was only performed twice  :skull: 

12 minutes ago, CakeLikeLG said:

two legends slaying. No fads allowed :clap3:

both slaying :clap3:Grammy winning Italian TABS

11 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

:bibliahh:

12 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

Where are these countless live performances you speak of hunni ?

2 minutes ago, little legend said:

Shallow is way bigger WW than 7 rings 

But both 7 rings and Shallow are monster hits. 

Gaga and Ariana really do run pop 

Too bad your fave is a flop 

My fav is Ari (hence my username) but pop off Little Monsters.

--

Yes Gaga, Yes Ari :clap3: 

well, it was featured in the most promoted movie of the century so i'm not surprised :michael:

1 minute ago, SeanET said:

well, it was featured in the most promoted movie of the century so i'm not surprised :michael:

:ahh:

11 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

I was also surprised to learn that 7 rings has 656 Million streams, while Shallow only has 651 Million streams. Meaning 7 rings has MORE!

How can this be possible when "Shallow was released in September 2018 and 7Rings was released in january 2019 :deadbanana4:"????????? It is SHOCKING to me that 7 rings has managed to outstream Shallow in such a short amount of time :eek::eek:

Lol she’s the it girl of the moment in this era of streaming . She’s young in her prime 

not really shocking to me at all 

shallows stats are more impressive to me how’s it been holding up 

20 minutes ago, R.E.M. said:

countless live performances

Where?

Talent > Memes

3 minutes ago, SeanET said:

The nonsense this post has :lee:

the power of being the most promoted movie of the century! Only lady Gaga  :jonny:

Her power:jonny2:

Shallow's longevity is actually quite impressive. I thought it was going to freefall after award season.

14 minutes ago, Almighty Gaga said:

Shallow outlasting every single hit, even the aggressively promoted meme songs like 7 Rings :deadbanana2:

7 rings had ONE performance (it wasn't even live at the show, it was pre-recorded), like 3-4 months into its run after it had already spent 8 weeks at #1 :deadbanana4:

6 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Lol she’s the it girl of the moment in this era of streaming . She’s young in her prime 

not really shocking to me at all 

shallows stats are more impressive to me how’s it been holding up 

I was told that since Shallow is more stable and came out in September that that is more impressive. If Shallow had so much more time and stability to gain streams, how did 7 rings manage to beat it effortlessly despite coming out 4 months later? :eek::eek::eek:

1 minute ago, cityfolk said:

7 rings had ONE performance (it wasn't even live at the show, it was pre-recorded), like 3-4 months into its run after it had already spent 8 weeks at #1 :deadbanana4:

I was told that since Shallow is more stable and came out in September that that is more impressive. If Shallow had so much more time and stability to gain streams, how did 7 rings manage to beat it effortlessly despite coming out 4 months later? :eek::eek::eek:

7 rings has impressive peak while shallow has impressive stability, of coarse a big peak mean more streams quickly while stability means stable gains. The way shallow is holding, it will pass 7 rings eventually.

Either way stats of both songs are impressive regardless which one ends up with more streams in the long run 

What makes 7 Rings more impressive is that TUN and BUWYG,IB are also stealing streams that couldve gone to it