Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Did GOT rip off the ending of LOTR?

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The show has been accused of ripping off LOTR throughout its run but with the ending it just felt so BLATANT

IT ALMOST DIRECTLY COPIED THE END OF LOTR:bibliahh:

Iron Throne = The One Ring (it drove everyone mad who sought it/touched it, ended up being burned for the world to turn back to normal, destroyed in the exact same manner it was created)

Dany = Gollum, loses everything they held dear and is driven mad and destroyed in their quest for the one ring/iron throne

The New King Bran = Aragorn, the one who didn't seek it (at least this is what we were led to believe but I dont think its true) 

Ayra = All the elves plus Gandalf and Bilbo/Frodo, departing for some mystery land not charted or on any maps and sails WEST (RIPPED EXACLTY OUT OF LOTR, THAT ****ING SCENE AT THE DOCKS) 

Jon = Frodo, all his quests are done and he goes off to live his life in a place never charted before 

Sansa = Arwen, character development gets them to be queen 

Sam = Sam (THEY DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO MAKE IT DISTINCT WITH THIS ONE :bibliahh:, SOMEONE ELSE WRITING A BOOK ON THE EVENTS OF THE SERIES THEN TAKING THE BOOK FOR THEMSELVES :bibliahh:)

Careful you don't injure your arm with that reach. 

They tried it with the battle but they failed. :fan: 

they tried it but they don't have the range nor talent to pull that off

They also ripped off mockingjay part 2. Would have rather have then rip off Gone Girl's ending and have Jon succumb to Dany and be her bitch.

No wonder I always said my upbringing of LOTR made me turned off by GOT, I am fulfilled with that genre from a masterful series that actually has it's books all written:fan:

well, LOTR is the blueprint after all :cm:

"Dany = Gollum" :skull: 

While the battle of winterfell looked exactly like Helms Deep. I think there is a lot of reaching here. Maybe some coincidences.

Sis, Gollum? the fuqq. The disrespect! 

GOLLUM SWEETIE