Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

George RR Martin disappointed with HBO

46 posts in this topic

The series has been… not completely faithful. Otherwise, it would have to run another five seasons.

I love #GameofThrones but I have to admit that they have chosen to end a beautifully timed series forcefully and rushed. There were a ton of ridiculous battle schemes and plot issues that made NO sense based on the character development and basic mapping.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/film-and-tv/george-rr-martin-a-little-sad-with-what-hbo-have-done-to-game-of-thrones/?source=facebook

Posted (edited)

Wow. The drama surrounding the shitshow this season has turned into is far more entertaining than the show itself ever was.

Ok but a big part of the problem is due to him not finishing his book series, so who is he to even speak?

Tragic.

It’s his own ****ing fault...lazy ass pig

tumblr_prm2fyhuPU1wsi9t9o3_250.gif

This hog. :biblio: If you could have finished the books in time this wouldn't happen you know.

Wait, you idiot, that’s not even his tweet.

then write the goddamn books then :rip: it's both party fault but more on D&D because their writing sucks + they refused to give the show the run it deserved

So is everyone 

That quote sounds fake.

Posted (edited)

Had he had finished the books Dumb and Dumber won't feel the need to get "creative". The only victims here are the fans.

PositiveFaithfulHoverfly-size_restricted

Mess. I bet he regrets doing the show now that this is how it all played out. (But surely he doesn't regret the money lol.) Thanks to him never finishing the books, this is the ending everyone will remember for the series. He should have set writing deadlines! :cm:

Yas :clap3:  YAS. 

Okay, NONE of the pull quote is in the actual Rolling Stone interview. It's just made up from that random site you linked to. Here's what he actually said to RS:

Would I prefer they do it exactly the way I did it? Sure. But I’ve been on the other side of it, too. I’ve adapted work by other people, and I didn’t do it exactly the way they did it, so ….Some of the deviation, of course, is because I’ve been so slow with these books. I really should’ve finished this thing four years ago — and if I had, maybe it would be telling a different story here. It’s two variations of the same story, or a similar story, and you get that whenever anything is adapted. 

I wish we had a few more seasons. But I understand. Dave and Dan are gonna go on to do other things, and I’m sure some of the actors were signed up for like seven or eight years, and they would like to go on and take other roles. All of that is fair. I’m not angry or anything like that, but there’s a little wistfulness in me.

The ending of the show – to what extent is it your ending?
I can say that when my next two books come out they’ll have to read them and then they can find out.

yeah he said that like a week ago .. oh well, hopefully he finishes the books soon and can be more involved in the prequels.

He is partially to blame for this mess.

tumblr_prm2fyhuPU1wsi9t9o3_250.gif

10 minutes ago, Sazare said:

Wow. The drama surrounding the shitshow this season has turned into is far more entertaining than the show itself ever was.

Delusional 

The way the entire GOT legacy went up in total flames :ahh:

This swine. Maybe he should do his job instead of criticizing others for theirs.

kQU64t8.gif

Well is what the GOTitas deserved, they were acting so brave :bibliahh:

1 minute ago, highwind44029 said:

This swine. Maybe he should do his job instead of criticizing others for theirs.

kQU64t8.gif

They used his work for years to get fame, if it wasn’t for him they wouldn’t have a Disney contract now.

I do blame him for choosing D&D, the guys wrote Wolverine origins I mean..

If only there was an enriching delicious source material to pull from ... oh wait :eli:

Well if they were faithful in adapting every single plot, we'd  still be a long way to go and certainly not begging for the release of new books as of yet so... chill with the anger towards him for a second :celestial5:

The show was trash from S1E1, it took them this long to find out that the plots and characters don’t add up?? 

I-

And the rest of the world is disappointed with George R R Martin for allowing this to happen and sitting on his two unfinished books for a decade.