Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Is Ryan Murphy a terrible writer?

75 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I honestly think he's one of the worst current writers/producers that we have. It's like he does what he does just so he can fill up his personal library of reaction gifs, to use when shipping for his favorite pairings on online fan forums devoted to his own shows.

Thoughts?

I think his shows start fine, and then they fly completely off the rails into unwatchable garbage. 

He's great at creating moments and concepts but not so much executing them past the first season

Posted (edited)

Actually yes. A lot of his stuff seem to target tumblr/twitter teens who constantly post memes about being depressed & searching for a sugar daddy & it’s clearly working out favorably for him so yah. 

I remeber a line that Emma says in an AHS season where she’s like, “if I had a child I’d be uncapable of loving it unless it was popular” which was so bad yet still made the rounds on instagram. I was seeing it all over my explore page with different captions and I think that’s what he tries to do most of the time. Create memes basically.

Yeah he's so talentless it's actually hysterical :rip: 

I think his shows start fine, and then they fly completely off the rails into unwatchable garbage. 

Just now, Jagger said:

Yeah he's so talentless it's actually hysterical :rip: 

Lol not with that avi.

OT- He has moments of genius brilliance but since he creates so much considering he has like 294792 shows, his talent is spread thin and the cracks are in full display.

7 minutes ago, RightAsRain said:

Lol not with that avi.

OT- He has moments of genius brilliance but since he creates so much considering he has like 294792 shows, his talent is spread thin and the cracks are in full display.

BjorkPost.thumb.jpg.69b2a11ca02331fae592

8 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Bjork and Ryan have more talent in their pinky fingers than that talentless lipless actor in your avi, stay mad.

Just now, RightAsRain said:

Bjork and Ryan have more talent in their pinky fingers than that talentless lipless actor in your avi, stay mad.

Actor????? :bibliahh:

Not you coming for one of the greatest footballers in the world. I have to laugh

12 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Isn’t that Bjork?? Lol. Isn’t she super talented?

2 minutes ago, KingJay said:

Isn’t that Bjork?? Lol. Isn’t she super talented?

I was using it as a reaction image not commenting on her abilities bc this user clearly has no idea what they're talking about 

5 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Not you coming for one of the greatest footballers in the world. I have to laugh

Lol mess, he looks just like Jack Fahalee from How to get away with murder. My point still stands thou.

6 minutes ago, RightAsRain said:

Lol mess, he looks just like Jack Fahalee from How to get away with murder. My point still stands thou.

Lmfaoooo sis I'm dying how? :deadbanana: 

OT: Asylum was cute 

It does after season 3 of any show he makes.

He has good ideas but he can't execute them very well. 

He's on the same level of D&D

46 minutes ago, Jagger said:

You're telling me that's not Jack Fahalee? :skull:

3 hours ago, Jagger said:

I was using it as a reaction image not commenting on her abilities bc this user clearly has no idea what they're talking about 

Ahh gotcha.

OT: I feel like he's kind of cringe. isn't he gay?

His characters and plots come across like they were written by teenagers 

No

The potential is there but he can never successfully tell a story without and it be engaging throughout. EVERY season I've seen of AHS starts off amazing then half way gets unwatchable.

Yes. White men are just about always allowed to succeed despite their mediocrity though, so what else is new?

2 hours ago, Overprotected said:

He's great at creating moments and concepts but not so much executing them past the first season

This

2 hours ago, Overprotected said:

This

2 hours ago, RightAsRain said:

Now sis... you did NOT just call Jack Falahee talentless. The delusion :biblio:

3 hours ago, Rotunda said:

this. it always starts off good and then goes to ****