Is TUN the defiining album of the decade?

32 posts in this topic

:rip:

It won't even be the defining record of the year. 

It didn't even define the month it was released in

not even the defining album by a female artist aged 25 and under in the first five months of 2019

Flame-bait thread... smh.

No. Gargantuan blockbusters like 21 or 1989 would fit that title most appropriately.

Posted (edited)

The haters FLOCKED

No but it is still AOTY so far. The first weirdos who replied (and are denying that it is) are obvious trolls!

brah the album is complete trash! Sweetener would have been a better topic discussion.

1 minute ago, wxvii said:

The haters FLOCKED

Yes it is still AOTY so far. The first weirdos who replied (and are denying that it is) are obvious trolls!

! I mean I'm not a big fan but it smashed more than any album in the last year and same for the singles, its impact in pop culture has been huge

What has it defined?

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

What has it defined?

the life of teenagers in this decade???

Posted (edited)

Take Care

House of Balloons

DS2

Born to Die

Beyonce

Finally Rich

...those are THE defining albums of the decade. Then you got albums like:

MBDTF

Blonde

Lonerism

For Emma

Pure Heroine

...then a third tier for blockbuster albums that weren't influential but had a huge presence nonetheless:

Teenage Dream

Doowops and Hooligans

Pure Heroine was the defining album of the decade, or atleast, the middle chunk of it. tu,n was definitely the defining album of 2019 (so far) though!

2 minutes ago, KatyCatPH said:

giphy.gif

13x GRAMMY NOMINEE

KATY PERRY

giphy.gif

Not even the defining album of that day by a female.

The arianators are really delusional. :rip:

I think that's a bit far fetched but I will say that it will probably be remembered. I've got some friends who would never listen to pop music go out of their way to listen to it with me. A LOT of people were able to appreciate how good it was.

It's the most important album of modern time. It may be one of the most important and influential of all time but it is too soon to tell. 

that user is so obsessed :dies: go stream one of the eight havana re-releases please 

OT: not really but it will be a memorable record in years to come 

I changed my mind - Yes. Thank u, next is bigger than 21, 25, 1989, Fearless, Come On Over, Baby One More Time, Rhythm Nation, Like A Virgin, Bad, Thriller, Whitney, The Bodyguard, The Fame, Born This Way, Teenage Dream, Loud, Anti, Doo-wops and Hooligans, Views, Scorpion, Beerbongs&Bentleys, Jagged Little Pill, Lemonade, I Am Sasha Fierce, all COMBINED in terms of impact and defining a decade. Nothing will ever surpass it in history.

Born to Die, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Blonde, 21, Blackstar, Lemonade, Speak Now, To Pimp a Butterfly, Channel Orange, Modern Vampires of the City, Beyoncé, Damn, 1989, Good Kid Maad City, Yeezus, Random Access Memories, Take Care, Same Trailer Different Park, Teenage Dream

sweetie 

31 minutes ago, IndieKid said:

Take Care

House of Balloons

DS2

Born to Die

Beyonce

Finally Rich

...those are THE defining albums of the decade. Then you got albums like:

MBDTF

Blonde

Lonerism

For Emma

Pure Heroine

...then a third tier for blockbuster albums that weren't influential but had a huge presence nonetheless:

Teenage Dream

Doowops and Hooligans

Trash taste tbh

8 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

Born to Die, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Blonde, 21, Blackstar, Lemonade, Speak Now, To Pimp a Butterfly, Channel Orange, Modern Vampires of the City, Beyoncé, Damn, 1989, Good Kid Maad City, Yeezus, Random Access Memories, Take Care, Same Trailer Different Park, Teenage Dream

sweetie 

:dies:

I’ve been going out a lot to bars this past year or so and this album impact has been huge, alwayss played, people knowing all the lyrics, people looking like Ariana, drag quuen shows playing her, radio, streams, I mean bye