Thoughts on "Us" (Jordan Peele film)

16 posts in this topic

I just watched it and I loved its themes of duality. I felt like it was more of a psychological thriller than a horror film though. It was hardly ever scary imo. But I loved Lupita's acting. She was brilliant. 

I love the plot, it was different and the acting was ON POINT.

it was a piece of trash :rip:

A momentous work of contemporary popular cinema. A film that brilliantly showcases intricate class and race subtext that would otherwise be reserved for smaller budget films, but Peele's smart subtly made sure it made it into a big budget hollywood film. 

Get Out was better, both are kinda overrated.

Brilliant! Better and more complex than 'Get Out' :clap3:

Lupita is coming for an Oscar.

A mess conceptually, but very good from an acting and writing standpoint

Get Out is a lot better

It was okay. I didn't hate it by any means but I wouldn't call it a favorite. It reminded me a bit of Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Night of the Living Dead. 

Flawless acting, the best music usage I've seen in years, and some great cinematography.

Only place it falls flat is part of the story at the end. It's still well done, but raises a few questions.

I thought it was great, great acting, a really cool/unique concept and it kept you engaged.  I love when mystery or horror films can create a whole new world concept like that.

I DO think it was overrated bc I was a little let down at first after reading the reviews, but it's still great.

it had me thinking the entire time. brilliant and engaging and laced with societal metaphors in even the smallest details. get out was a bit too on the nose to be taken seriously whereas this/us said a lot more by the mere dynamics. it takes a lot for a film to scare me anymore but this killed horror and perplexed my political mind. 

without a doubt, it will become a defining film of the times and referenced for decades to come. 

4 hours ago, Haus said:

it had me thinking the entire time. brilliant and engaging and laced with societal metaphors in even the smallest details. get out was a bit too on the nose to be taken seriously whereas this/us said a lot more by the mere dynamics. it takes a lot for a film to scare me anymore but this killed horror and perplexed my political mind. 

without a doubt, it will become a defining film of the times and referenced for decades to come. 

!