Ciara debuts #87 on Billboard 200.

iHype.

2 hours ago, St. Francis said:

True, I also thought it could be due to the trauma and the bullying she received over the years. Even Black blogs like Sandra Rose used to (and still does) attack her.

However to crossover, you have to let it happen naturally and this hasn't really been the case for Ci since Fantasy Ride. Tinashe had the same problem - RCA and partly her were trying to force into pop instead of it allowing to happen eventually.

But now the audience she's trying to appeal to now aren't buying her music. Although she did receive hate from the black community at times, they still showed out when it came to Ride, Body Party, I Bet - those three being her biggest hits of this decade. Even CIARA's first week sales outsold Jackie & Beauty Marks. That should be an indication. As a black artist, if you don't have or allow yourself to be co-signed by black people, it's unlikely you'll get anywhere. There are exceptions but not the norm.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Theshigo Washidu

• richp13

• Attitude

• MSTI

All I know is that there's a certain Ciara stan that better not show his face in a Tinashe thread ever again. Funny how he's always active when Tinashe has an era, but M.I.A. when his own girl has an era.

OT: Stream Level Up & Girl Gang. They're bops. (This album is kinda boring though)

1. Ciara should of drop this album earlier especially around the time "Level Up" was still relevant. 

2. Ciara really didn't promo the album hard enough in my opinion. 

3. The album is boring, to be honest.  

4. Her team wasn't doing her justice either.

JYKdMlG.gif

She just posted on IG she did 135K equivalent units...that’s not bad at all!  Especially to be indie.  

or is she misinformed? Lol.  It’s probably including “Level Up” too right? 

2 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

She just posted on IG she did 135K equivalent units...that’s not bad at all!  Especially to be indie.  

or is she misinformed? Lol.  It’s probably including “Level Up” too right

Yeah, and she also said the album's received 208 million global YouTube views. 95% of those views are from Level Up and from the US.

2 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Yeah, and she also said the album's received 208 million global YouTube views. 95% of those views are from Level Up and from the US.

Got it.  I mean, damn...that’s still good to have done it all on her own too.  

33 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Is she... confusing her total SPS that would go to certificates for her first week SPS? 

2 hours ago, professor2000 said:

135k...world wide 

I hope this isn't the end of the era...considering how many singles have already been released, and her track record of promoting for a week and disappearing. 

Anyways, I hope she tours. I enjoyed the album.

5 hours ago, Communion said:

Is she... confusing her total SPS that would go to certificates for her first week SPS? 

No, they're misquoting her. She said it has sold 135k equivalent units to date, not in the first week. I don't think she was trying to pass it off as her first week sales. 

Edited by RudeBoyy

sucks cause level up really is THAT song! they played it at a party recently & everybody went off!! 

11 hours ago, professor2000 said:

That's impossible for her, even worldwide  :skull:

Logic did 80k and he's #1

OMG! I thought her popularity was back coz of her relationship and exposure

aFANtMV.gif 

15 hours ago, Rap God said:

1. Ciara should of drop this album earlier especially around the time "Level Up" was still relevant. 

2. Ciara really didn't promo the album hard enough in my opinion. 

3. The album is boring, to be honest.  

4. Her team wasn't doing her justice either.

JYKdMlG.gif

#1 and #3, I can agree with, but the other 2, not so much. She booked the BBMA's, Kimmel, MET Gala, The View and a couple of interviews as well as the AMA's and the NYE performance last year. She had decent promo.

The reason why it didn't sell (and why nobody expected it to sell in the first place) is that she hasn't really appeased to her core audience, aka the people who would download or stream a full album by Ciara in 2019. Thinking Bout You is a pop song, she hasn't had a single sent to urban or rhythmic, she released a video for a pop ballad during the release week, etc.

I don't think it matters though. Her current main challenge is Thinking Bout You making waves on pop (it'll crack the top 40 soon), so that she can start a relationship with the format and audience she seems to care about more. Overdose should have been the song to start that relationship or even Dance Like We're Making Love, but Epic didn't bother sending them to pop.

Great :clap3:

She finally dropped her album with her Beauty Marks imprint and had the lead single go Gold, Platinum soon

Serve is another video!

Better than #152 I guess:michael:

Well at least it's not #152, I guess? :emofish:

i thought level up was a solid hit and she could snatch a top 20 at least :biblio: ciara girl what happened

Image result for ciara crying gif

Wow, even Tinashe's "Joyride" debuted higher :eek::!ohno:

Edited by Kevin2803

i didnt even know she had a album out, she deserves better:biblio:

Oh wow that's lower than The Spirit Indestructible :rip: Well at least she made the chart I guess.

Anyway, she is just so deaf when it comes to picking the right songs. Like can someone help her release a banger? :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.