GOT creator shades GOT & praises The Avengers!

34 posts in this topic

George R.R. Martin Reviews ‘Avengers: Endgame’: It’s Not Just ‘A Big Dumb Action Movie

"Avengers: Endgame"

“‘Endgame’ is amazing,” Martin wrote. “Kudos to the writers and director. I cannot believe they got all those characters into one film and still managed to do them all justice. The final battle was epic, exciting, thrilling, full of twists and turns and strangely beautiful. But the character scenes earlier in the film really made it for me. The opening with Hawkeye, the Ant-Man scenes, Tony Stark’s moments communing with his helm…so many more.”

Martin continued, “There’s plenty of action here, but this is not just A Big Dumb Action movie, of which there are far too many these days. Stan Lee would have been proud. Could he ever have dreamed that all those characters he and Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko and the rest of the Marvel team created in the early 60s would one day come to dominate global culture? There’s an amazing story for you.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/george-rr-martin-avengers-endgame-review-big-dumb-action-movie-1202141947/?fbclid=IwAR2hxDsseSgD8jkHdVZbTrigkddAI1NctZQ1gw9dTq-3hYdOjnrH7LIYpd0

Meanwhile his own creation is getting destroyed 

YgkNML5.gif 

11 minutes ago, Iceland said:

I cannot believe they got all those characters into one film and still managed to do them all justice.

Well :clown:

15 minutes ago, Iceland said:

I cannot believe they got all those characters into one film and still managed to do them all justice.

The shade :ahh: 

I cannot believe they got all those characters into one film and still managed to do them all justice.

THIS IS SHADE!!! :bibliahh:

17 minutes ago, Iceland said:

I cannot believe they got all those characters into one film and still managed to do them all justice

and i oop- 

Dumb and Dumber getting the lashing they deserve

I disagree that every character was done justice in Endgame. Black Widow's death was lame, Hulk became too comical, Thanos was taken down too easily, too many of the more interesting characters barely had screentime, etc. but I see his point.

1 minute ago, Grown K said:

Well, of course they do. They like a CGI-filled basic story of Good vs Evil

PositiveFaithfulHoverfly-size_restricted

Are you talking about D&D? It’s George their referring to :confused:

Is George really shading Dumb&Dumber for destroying his show?:ahh:

”BuT tHiS iS hIs EnDINg ToO’ :ahh:

2 minutes ago, El Chico said:

Are you talking about D&D? It’s George their referring to :confused:

Oh I thought this was about D&D :emofish:

30 minutes ago, Iceland said:

:dies:

Stan Lee would have been proud. Could he ever have dreamed that all those characters he and Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko and the rest of the Marvel team created in the early 60s would one day come to dominate global culture? There’s an amazing story for you.”

this does feel like some D&D shade but his characters are beloved too.... 

26 minutes ago, Iceland said:

Right George?

YgkNML5.gif

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

delusional and hostile GOT stans have lost so big the past weeks :bibliahh:

ff

all that pretentious attitude for NOTHING :mandown:

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

Are people really trying to make GoT vs the Avengers a thing?

SO dumb :priceless:

Marvel fans started it on Facebook.

2 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

he should more focus on commenting on his actual creation or the lack thereof in it :rip:

He has commented on his actual creation.

i have to stay off the internet because i think someone just spoiled the movie for me in this thread and i've already had part of game of thrones spoiled :deadbanana4: :deadbanana4: 

48 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

He has commented on his actual creation.

he just said the books will have very similar endings to the primary characters

but i rather meant about its quality (or the lack thereof) since here, he's praising

xByUlPr.gif

3 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

he just said the books will have very similar endings to the primary characters

but i rather meant about its quality (or the lack thereof) since here, he's praising

xByUlPr.gif

Didn't he say a couple of days ago he was not happy with the route the show took? 

He is not happy, just as some members of the cast have said this season is disappointing.