Ariana Grande sued by photographer for posting 'Sweetener' p

11 posts in this topic

GettyImages-456501346-1529009007-640x435

Ariana Grande sued by photographer for posting 'Sweetener' photo to Instagram

Ariana Grande is being sued for copyright infringement by a New York-based photographer who claims the pop star posted two of his pictures on her Instagram account without permission.

It is the latest instance of a celebrity facing allegations of copyright violations for photos posted on their social media accounts.

Photographer Robert Barbera filed the lawsuit against Grande and her company, Grandari, on Monday in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. He claims the "thank u, next" singer's Instagram post "infringed" on his rights.

The post showed Grande in two side-by-side images wearing an oversized gray sweatshirt and thigh-high boots while carrying a clear bag with the word "Sweetener" on it.

The 25-year-old singer and actress posted the photo in August with the caption "happy sweetener day" to celebrate the release of her album, "Sweetener."

source: https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/ariana-grande-sued-photographer-posting-sweetener-photo-instagram-n1005501

Stupid.

She doesn’t have permission to post photos of... herself? :skull: what even? 

The way the title is cut off made me think a photographer sued her for releasing Sweetener :deadbanana4:

OT: Stupid

he's not suing ariana. he clarified it on insta and she's liked so

D6ic5TnWkAASc5r?format=jpg&name=900x900

D6ic5ToW4AAiM7I?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is ridiculous... and even worse if the photog gets away with it. She should file a restraining order against him for this bs. 

Photographers get no respect. Sad

24 minutes ago, levi_valvi said:

he's not suing ariana. he clarified it on insta and she's liked so

D6ic5TnWkAASc5r?format=jpg&name=900x900

D6ic5ToW4AAiM7I?format=jpg&name=900x900

:cm:

It's his job and his work, of course he has the rights and need to get paid for his work, y'all are so ignorant and just talk out of your ass :psyduck:

I never understood how the paps can sue for someone using a picture they took of a celeb but celebs can’t sue them for taking pics of them without there consent :cm: