Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Emily Osment against abortion ban

31 posts in this topic

I jumped at the cut off :deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, new evolution said:

You don't think the same applies to men who support abortion?

For some people, men can only speak on women's issues when it supports their narrative. Instead of having an actual discussion on serious issues, they try to segregate people into groups based on what opinions on which group they can have.

Feminist women are experts on male gender stereotypes, toxic masculinity, men's healthcare and other issues without even asking for their perspective. But when men oppose abortion they cannot have an opinion because they aren't women. You can't have both ways. People are capable of discussing moral issues that affect other groups, that's how a society works and how social progress is made - by sharing perspectives and discussion.

Also y'all should give up on the ''fetus is not a human being'' and ''but pro-life people don't care about others'' arguments. One is just not true and the other has nothing to do with whether abortion is moral or not and just demonises/generalises a whole group of people.

Just now, BurnGoesTheChivas said:

For some people, men can only speak on women's issues when it supports their narrative. Instead of having an actual discussion on serious issues, they try to segregate people into groups based on what opinions on which group they can have.

Feminist women are experts on male gender stereotypes, toxic masculinity, men's healthcare and other issues without even asking for their perspective. But when men oppose abortion they cannot have an opinion because they aren't women. You can't have both ways. People are capable of discussing moral issues that affect other groups, that's how a society works and how social progress is made - by sharing perspectives and discussion.

Also y'all should give up on the ''fetus is not a human being'' and ''but pro-life people don't care about others'' arguments. One is just not true and the other has nothing to do with whether abortion is moral or not and just demonises/generalises a whole group of people.

So true, I didn't even think about that

I'm also pro-choice, but I don't like SJWs who think they can hold a monopoly on the opinion of abortion

Just now, new evolution said:

So true, I didn't even think about that

I'm also pro-choice, but I don't like SJWs who think they can hold a monopoly on the opinion of abortion

I'm pro-choice as well and I was embarrassed by some pro-choice posts here :rip:

13 hours ago, BlackStar_93 said:

This argument is ridiculous. You don't have to be in someone else's shoes to have a moral understanding of a situation. Indeed, I am a male and "a gay", and for decades people who are not gay have policed whether or not I can get married, adopt a child etc. This is the way society works. People have opinions on situations that don't directly affect them. 

Again, another weak argument. The difference with other risks is they only affect the individual, as in, they're only affecting their own health. You can't equate a broken bone or getting cancer to pregnancy. The difference with taking the risk with a pregnancy is that it directly affects another life - and in getting an abortion someone is assessing the worth of another human life based upon their own circumstances and convenience. 

This is the problem with today's society. People aren't willing to have an interesting and civil discourse about serious issues. Instead, you all take the moral high-ground and act is if your truth and your morals are the only correct onesInstead, you resort to calling me "idiotic" and a "dumb-ass" just because my ideological perceptions are different to you own. 

Girl no fetus is even gonna remember anything, and abortions are specifically targeting women with nothing targeting men. It’s a woman’s topic because women are the only ones affected by it. It’s immoral to subjugate half of the population to something while the other half suffers no consequences at all. Shut up. If you don’t want to have an abortion, don’t. But a fetus is not a baby, nor a child, nor an infant. But a woman is a woman. Log off.

Duh. Abortion ban is bad. Do we really need all of these copy and paste posts from celebrities :rip:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0