Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Emily Osment against abortion ban

31 posts in this topic

I literally read her Twitter post 20 minutes ago and I still had a heart attack @ the cut-off.

Legend :clap3:

Now uncancel the Young & Hungry wrap up TV movie PigForm :)

nnn I cringed. Third wave feminism is truly something else. "We are raised to bow to men"... not sure where she lives but that is simply not true in any civil Western society. 

Again, pro-choicer's using the "what about rape" rhetoric when it literally accounts for a minute percentage of abortion cases. Abortion is not healthcare. It's a scapegoat for people who've willingly decided to have heterosexual sex, knowing full well it can lead to the outcome of pregnancy. A man and women have sex and conceive a baby? Shocking. 

I don't agree with banning it on rape victims and people with mental disabilities though. Abortion is a medical procedure and exceptions should be made. 

not the cut-off making me think she's against abortion :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

nnn I cringed. Third wave feminism is truly something else. "We are raised to bow to men"... not sure where she lives but that is simply not true in any civil Western society. 

Again, pro-choicer's using the "what about rape" rhetoric when it literally accounts for a minute percentage of abortion cases. Abortion is not healthcare. It's a scapegoat for people who've willingly decided to have heterosexual sex, knowing full well it can lead to the outcome of pregnancy. A man and women have sex and conceive a baby? Shocking. 

I don't agree with banning it on rape victims and people with mental disabilities though. Abortion is a medical procedure and exceptions should be made. 

'What about rape' is not the main argument for abortion, though, is it. But it's a given that an abortion should always be allowed in the circumstance of rape otherwise you'd just be heartless.

But yes. People make mistakes, and I think terminating the life of a being which has absolutely no attachment to this life or even an understanding of the concept of death is perfectly reasonable if it outweighs the distress and suffering on the bearer's body and life.

'Pro-lifers' have very little regard for actual life.

21 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

People had abortions before it was legal. Banning abortions at this point really only serves to put women at risk, since when forced, they will just go back to the much riskier methods of abortion.

Someone's rights over their body shouldn't be policed by the government. I personally would not get an abortion if I were a women unless it was rape, but that does not give me the right to enforce my views on women who feel differently, especially since I am NOT a woman.

39 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

question, are you a woman?

39 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

Abortion is not healthcare. It's a scapegoat for people who've willingly decided to have heterosexual sex, knowing full well it can lead to the outcome of pregnancy. A man and women have sex and conceive a baby? Shocking. 

LOL. Using that logic getting cancer because you made the willingly decision of smoking its your fault and you shouldn’t be treated. Broke a bone doing sports? PF, well you know it was a risk, no cast for you. It is idiotic.

People with money will still get abortions and people who can’t afford them will start/keep dying. Surviving an abortion is a classist privilege now as it is in my country.

44 minutes ago, private radio said:

not the cut-off making me think she's against abortion :deadbanana4:

Ik, I jumped :lmao:

53 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

girl i logged in just to call u a dumbass

a gay trying to police a woman's body is a mess and a half, and that's all that needs to be said :toofunny3:

50 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

There are so many more cases where having an abortion seems like a much better option than raising a child. There are people that don't have the mental ability to take correct care of a child, or don't have enough resources, or end up putting them in adoption for whatever other reason just for them to carry a rather ****ty life in foster care. 

For me, it's much better for people to abort safely and legally than to have all these kids living actually awful lives bc their parents weren't competent enough to. Specifically in a world where overpopulation is a risk to all life on Earth. 

45 minutes ago, kateyoc said:

question, are you a woman?

36 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

girl i logged in just to call u a dumbass

a gay trying to police a woman's body is a mess and a half, and that's all that needs to be said :toofunny3:

This argument is ridiculous. You don't have to be in someone else's shoes to have a moral understanding of a situation. Indeed, I am a male and "a gay", and for decades people who are not gay have policed whether or not I can get married, adopt a child etc. This is the way society works. People have opinions on situations that don't directly affect them. 

40 minutes ago, Blue. said:

LOL. Using that logic getting cancer because you made the willingly decision of smoking its your fault and you shouldn’t be treated. Broke a bone doing sports? PF, well you know it was a risk, no cast for you. It is idiotic.

Again, another weak argument. The difference with other risks is they only affect the individual, as in, they're only affecting their own health. You can't equate a broken bone or getting cancer to pregnancy. The difference with taking the risk with a pregnancy is that it directly affects another life - and in getting an abortion someone is assessing the worth of another human life based upon their own circumstances and convenience. 

This is the problem with today's society. People aren't willing to have an interesting and civil discourse about serious issues. Instead, you all take the moral high-ground and act is if your truth and your morals are the only correct onesInstead, you resort to calling me "idiotic" and a "dumb-ass" just because my ideological perceptions are different to you own. 

Just now, BlackStar_93 said:

Again, another weak argument. The difference with other risks is they only affect the individual, as in, they're only affecting their own health. You can't equate a broken bone or getting cancer to pregnancy. The difference with taking the risk with a pregnancy is that it directly affects another life - and in getting an abortion someone is assessing the worth of another human life based upon their own circumstances and convenience. 

LMFAO an embryo is not a human life. If so, why aren’t you protesting for the liberation of the poor souls frozen in fertility clinics and freezing vaults :ahh: 

Just now, Blue. said:

LMFAO an embryo is not a human life. If so, why aren’t you protesting for the liberation of the poor souls frozen in fertility clinics and freezing vaults :ahh: 

Again, this kind of retort is so conceited. Just because you believe an embryo is not a human life, that doesn't mean that's the only correct interpretation of it. Not everybody thinks the same way as you. 

Again, when we're talking about abortions we're not just talking about embryos (or a "collection of cells" as some people say). Abortions can be performed up until 24 weeks - at which point the fetus a fully functioning heartbeat and resembles a baby. The "an embryo is not a human life" argument is problematic, because exactly at what point do you consider it a human life?

Fertility clinics are a whole other argument. Bringing it up is pure whataboutism. 

11 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

This argument is ridiculous. You don't have to be in someone else's shoes to have a moral understanding of a situation. Indeed, I am a male and "a gay", and for decades people who are not gay have policed whether or not I can get married, adopt a child etc. This is the way society works. People have opinions on situations that don't directly affect them. 

and you're not happy about that right?

all i want is people who neither have an uterus nor ever go near one to stop trying to tell me what i can and can't do with mine

14 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

This is the problem with today's society. People aren't willing to have an interesting and civil discourse about serious issues. Instead, you all take the moral high-ground and act is if your truth and your morals are the only correct onesInstead, you resort to calling me "idiotic" and a "dumb-ass" just because my ideological perceptions are different to you own. 

May i ask if you believe they had the right to tell you what to do, simply because they were in a position of power?

19 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

Indeed, I am a male and "a gay", and for decades people who are not gay have policed whether or not I can get married, adopt a child etc. This is the way society works. People have opinions on situations that don't directly affect them. 

So this resentment against women's rights is out of bitterness? Baby we're all fighting the fight for equality, we don't have to pull others down with us. Let people decide over their own bodies ffs.

Those politicians need a reality check. Start having orphans show up at their steps. Let's see how much of a "children of god" they are then. My heart hurts for all of those children who feel unwanted... and all it takes is volunteering at your local homeless shelter (for those who point fingers) to see the reality that some people face. Please think twice about judging a woman who wants to get an abortion... especially if you don't know her circumstances.  

3 hours ago, BlackStar_93 said:

is super simple

a woman should be able to choose

its not like the goverment was paying for every abortion

1 hour ago, BlackStar_93 said:

Again, this kind of retort is so conceited. Just because you believe an embryo is not a human life, that doesn't mean that's the only correct interpretation of it. Not everybody thinks the same way as you

Well yeah you're not wrong so if you ever get pregnant you can choose to keep your baby :laugh: but why do you wanna impose your belief on women who don't consider fetuses human beings? 

1 hour ago, BlackStar_93 said:

mbryos (or a "collection of cells" as some people say). Abortions can be performed up until 24 weeks - at which point the fetus a fully functioning heartbeat and resembles a baby. The "an embryo is not a human life" argument is problematic, because exactly at what point do you consider it a human life?

Since you love statistics you should know by now that only 1.3% of abortions are performed after 21 weeks :rip:

4 hours ago, BlackStar_93 said:

Abortion, cancer for a smoker and gender reassignment is healthcare, shut the **** up

4 hours ago, BlackStar_93 said:

If you aren't a woman, you don't need to voice your opinion on what they should be able to do with their bodies.

1 minute ago, liberalmusiclover said:

If you aren't a woman, you don't need to voice your opinion on what they should be able to do with their bodies.

You don't think the same applies to men who support abortion?

4 minutes ago, new evolution said:

You don't think the same applies to men who support abortion?

I said what I said.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0