Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is this song insensitive and offensive?

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Fem-shaming, misogyny, making fun of ED, etc..

Would she get dragged for it in 2019?

That song sucked then, and it sucks now.

No, it's a classic

Only if you’re stupid 

Only if you’re stupid

Would she get dragged in 2019? Absolutely. Is it offensive? No, I think if you find the song offensive you're completely missing the point. It's satire. :michael:

She would get dragged for sure.

It's not offensive but this brand of faux-feminism P!nk used to(?) push is so annoying.

Posted (edited)

It's not. She says it how it is and drags the superficial.

One of my favorite lines:

"Where is the next girl president, she's dancing in a video next to 50cent."

It's the truth. When she wrote the song, females in music had more power than ever before, but all they cared about was fake tanning, face masks, fake nails and plastic surgery.

As strong women they should show that we're more than that. We're intelligent and strong and can become presidents, astronauts and everything else.

But what a lot of them do? They played one of the girls dancing in the background of rappers videos.

Showing the world:

"He's the boss and I'm just his little *****. The only thing that matters about me are my titties and my booty. No one knows if I can actually read or think."

The girls that P!nk criticised were sexist and misogynistic, not P!nk!!!!

She made several points:clap3:

#Michelle2020

19 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

It's not offensive but this brand of faux-feminism P!nk used to(?) push is so annoying.

Your username says it all :bibliahh:

I prefer real strong women over those who rather fight for the world to become like 1950 again.

The most superficial barbie girl of all time.

46 minutes ago, BlackStar_93 said:

Would she get dragged in 2019? Absolutely. Is it offensive? No, I think if you find the song offensive you're completely missing the point. It's satire. :michael:

true, but some points of it were really unnecessary. tanning, lindsay's reckless driving & dancing aside a rapper, i see the point. but making fun of the olsens just for their love of shopping & hilary's eating disorder isn't cool

5 minutes ago, Fanboy4711 said:

It's the truth. When she wrote the song, females in music had more power than ever before, but all they cared about was fake tanning, face masks, fake nails and plastic surgery.

As strong women they should show that we're more than that. We're intelligent and strong and can become presidents, astronauts and everything else.

But what a lot of them do? They played one of the girls dancing in the background of rappers videos.

Showing the world:

"He's the boss and I'm just his little *****. The only thing that matters about me are my titties and my booty. No one knows if I can actually read or think."

so how about the other points made fun of in the song? you can't be a female boss by being a fashion mogul like the olsens? it's still a little bit misogynistic.

yes, but it's not worse than that destiny's child song telling women to put some clothes on. 

She would definitely get dragged

38 minutes ago, Fanboy4711 said:

Showing the world:

33 minutes ago, Fanboy4711 said:

I prefer real strong women over those who rather fight for the world to become like 1950 again.

Oh honey, please love yourself. The 'oThEr GiRlS' shtick is tired.

You are not superior to anyone else.

Ironic that you would say this with a Stripped-era Christina avi, Dirrrty is exactly the kind of thing P!nk would have dismissed back then.

She didn't lie. She talks about how the females underrate themselves while they are capable of doing anything seemingly impossible. 

I get what she’s tryna do but the lyrics are kinda dumb. Men objectify women all the time don’t attack them for profiting off of being hot. That doesn’t mean they might now have other dreams they’re pursuing or something.

idk it doesn’t really fit the label of “empowering feminist song” it comes off as more slut-shamey.

42 minutes ago, Fanboy4711 said:

Kim Kardashian is literally studying to become a lawyer and at the forefront of criminal justice reform in Trump's America :deadbanana: Just say you're misogynistic and go back to 2003... oh wait you're still stuck there :deadbanana:

the only problematic part is making fun of eating disorders. it's not tasteful and i bet she wouldn't have included that today.

An iconic classic :clap3:  We stan.

:alexz:fantastic song! Still relevant it seems. Reese Witherspoon jizzed all over it again on an ep of her show a year ago. 

Is it offensive ? No.

Would it be considered offensive in 2019 ? Probably.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0