Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Was it the booze that did Mariah’s voice in?

9 posts in this topic

What was it? Celine still has ha vocals. Is it Mariah’s constant drinking that deteriorated her voice? 

Her general lack of discipline.

Complacency and nodules.

29 minutes ago, Arthritis said:

Complacency and nodules.

this and nothing more. if she bothered to get a vocal coach her voice would be in much better shape than it is now

5 hours ago, Arthritis said:

Complacency and nodules.

This.

Although the constant champagne doesn’t help.  That interview where she said if she wants to help her voice she adds honey to her champagne makes me scream :dies: 

she's old leave ha voice alone.

A combination of factors. You guys said pretty much everything that I was about to say.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lover said:

she's old leave ha voice alone.

Mariah has aged but she's not that old. It's inevitable that a singer's voice will age as the body ages but vocal damage can generally be avoided if you are disciplined and take care of your self. There are a lot of singers her age and much older that still have healthy and quality sounding voices so no, it's not really an "old age" thing. Signs of her vocal damage started showing as early as 1998, though that may have more just been fatigue but anyway it's been a long time of this. Too long for someone so great.

I'm a lamb and probably always will be because I do love her music and think she's one of the best, most creative vocalists ever but it makes me sad to think she may have taken her gift for granted. Maybe now that she's gained more clarity in her life and is facing her personal problems head on, she can start to focus on whipping her voice back into top form. I can dream...

She has no discipline - probably will lose whatever remainder of her voice she has left by the time she's in her 60's and I'm being generous.