So Rih isn't going to snatch Mariah's record for most #1s?

39 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Don't Stop Me Now said:

She'll probably get one more, which will likely be another Drake collab. Mariah #1's slowed down when she got into her 30's as well.

Does it have to be a Drake collab for her to get an #1 now? There was literally a 5 year gap between WMN and Work and she got 3 other #1s in the meantime. She just needs to release a good lead and some promo and she'll get it.

But honestly I dont think she go past 16...she obviously not for the music other than wanting to make "timeless" records and will take JT levels of gaps to do it.

7 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

She's closer to getting 20 #1s than outselling Madonna. Sales are officially dead and Anti era sold barely 1-2m more than RH era... 

Lol records sold is albums + singles and the singles all sold really well 

35 minutes ago, Spencer Pratt said:

Lol records sold is albums + singles and the singles all sold really well 

No,  not really. Era sold maybe 5m records in pure sales, maybe even less.

27 minutes ago, StrangerInTheDark said:

No,  not really. Era sold maybe 5m records in pure sales, maybe even less.

SPS = sales 

The era sold well over 10mil 

4 hours ago, frenchyisback said:

Madonna was much fresher to the GP tho.

Rihanna has been dominating radio for 14 years now.

She has less time left in front of her before the public tires of her...

Good for her she clearly does not care and has her eyes on her paper...

:ahh:  How do you back up this argument because her current Spotify/Apple Music numbers and social media numbers are clearly stating otherwise, beloved.

50 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

:ahh:  How do you back up this argument because her current Spotify/Apple Music numbers and social media numbers are clearly stating otherwise, beloved.

Off course she is beloved. She's not the best selling female artist of all time for no reason.

I am just saying that time always wins and Rihanna has had a 14 years run. Radio acts a certain way once you hit 30yo... She can go on and be very successful like Beyonce or Celine or Madonna (Confession era), Shakira without US radio support but #1 hits will soon be hard to get... eventually

1 minute ago, frenchyisback said:

Off course she is beloved. She's not the best selling female artist of all time for no reason.

I am just saying that time always wins and Rihanna has had a 14 years run. Radio acts a certain way once you hit 30yo... She can go on and be very successful like Beyonce or Celine or Madonna (Confession era), Shakira without US radio support but #1 hits will soon be hard to get... eventually

oh I read "because people..." instead of "before", my bad! :-* 

14 hours ago, volition said:

at the age rihanna is now, madonna had still yet to get 5 number ones and a slew of other high charting singles, so i reckon it's possible. but she doesn't seem thirsty for it; if she was then she probably would already have 18.

That’s not a great comparison. Madonna was well into her mid-20s when she debuted. Rih 18 she had her 1st no1. 

I think it is still very much possible. She’s a streaming beast. She could very well pull off a few more in her 30s and let’s not forget the likelihood of a perfect smash collab.

4 minutes ago, rac7d said:

is she dying of a terminal illness?  If not then i dont see why she cant, Its not like Mariah gonna extend her lead

:clap3:

Rihanna is fine. She has enough hits to spark interest later with a superbowl performance. Then drop a new single.

Given her change of focus i doubt she's going to score another 5 #1's. It's not impossible but time is her enemy and she would need to hurry up and get really ambitious with her next projects.

I can see her next era getting 1-2 more number ones just based on her streaming prowess. At least the first single will debut #1 most likely.

The most important thing about this discussion is Mariah to get her 19th #1 this year. Period.

It's not happening. Even if she releases new music, she will probably only get one number one next era, because after the 1st single, the era always gets disorganized and messy with double radio releases etc. just like it happened her last 3 albums.