Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Headscarf ban: Austria primary schools

83 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Robert said:

Of course ATRL is celebrating this as if white men telling women what to wear ends female oppression 🙄 

period. 

the fact that discussions like these are always made without actually.. talking to muslim people shows where they are wrong

20 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

So you're telling me schools can't be safe-spaces for students like Mary Sue, who her religious fundamentalist parents want to send to Africa to undergo FGM and a marry a guy 40 years her senior?

Wearing a hijab to you means someone is also likely to believe in child marriage and FGM (which is a cultural practice itself, not a religious one)??? Some of y’all really are just angry white people with a violent hatred of racialized Muslims. :skull: To really suggest wearing a hijab is on the level of genital mutilation and to link them (while also only mad over Muslims and ignoring how other faiths similarly mutilate their children’s genitals) is so....

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

Wearing a hijab to you means someone is also likely to believe in child marriage and FGM (which is a cultural practice itself, not a religious one)??? Some of y’all really are just angry white people with a violent hatred of racialized Muslims. :skull: To really suggest wearing a hijab is on the level of genital mutilation and to link them (while also only mad over Muslims and ignoring how other faiths similarly mutilate their children’s genitals) is so....

Context matters, sweetie, read the entire conversation xoxo

8 minutes ago, ProudLBS said:

Context matters, sweetie, read the entire conversation xoxo

I did and your rush to bring up FGM to attack the hijab is nonsense and FGM shouldn’t even be brought up. You literally laugh at another user mocking FGM and sarcastically saying banning it would be islamophobic. Jewish people mutilating their children’s genitals is by far a more violent form of abuse than a head scarf and yet you stay silent and aren’t advocating for schools to ban students from attending those who are circumcised or reporting circumcised students to children protection agencies for parents abuse? How could wearing a piece of cloth sexualize a child yet mutilating their genitals not be sexualizing a child?

On 5/17/2019 at 11:56 AM, velocity said:

good :clap3: the fact that there are parents who think of their children as sexual... :biblio: 

MTE :biblio:

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

I did and your rush to bring up FGM to attack the hijab is nonsense and FGM shouldn’t even be brought up.

Re-read it again, then. I brought up FGM as an example of how schools can be safe spaces for children, a place where they're safe from their parents' views, at least for a few hours, 5 days a week.

9 minutes ago, Communion said:

You literally laugh at another user mocking FGM and sarcastically saying banning it would be islamophobic.

Some users are literally defending the right for parents to treat six-year-olds as sexual objects

10 minutes ago, Communion said:

Jewish people mutilating their children’s genitals is by far a more violent form of abuse than a head scarf and yet you stay silent and aren’t advocating for schools to ban students from attending those who are circumcised or reporting circumcised students to children protection agencies for parents abuse? How could wearing a piece of cloth sexualize a child yet mutilating their genitals not be sexualizing a child?

Circumcision and FGM aren't comparable. At all.

Some guys have to undergo circumcision for health reasons. FGM is just a primitive attack on a woman's right to sexual pleasure and freedom.

I do think boys should be given the choice to be or not be circumcised, absolutely. But if they have to get cut as adults, from what I've read, oh my, 6 weeks of hell. But I live in a place where not being cut is the norm, so I don't know.

We have the same in France, and it is okay for both right-wing and left-wing voters :michael:. I guess they too are a very secular society, nothing wrong with that.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0