Fastest a career has been killed?

40 posts in this topic

What is the fastest a career has been killed?

I think this takes the cake:

I was actually thinking of that natalia moment when I saw the thread title

Posted (edited)

That "watch out Beyoncé!" tweet ended Tinashe faster than you could learn to pronounce her name. The way it allowed Kehlani, SZA & Normani to surpass her is just pure criminal :jonny:

Video in the OP

Janet superbowl

Whoever that girl was who got caught lip syncing on SNL and then blamed it on the band

1 minute ago, cityfolk said:

Video in the OP

Janet superbowl

Whoever that girl was who got caught lip syncing on SNL and then blamed it on the band

nnnn Ashlee Simpson

But she had some hits after that too

Cardi B

That Natalia video still makes me scream, like where the hell did that outburst come from :dies: 

Ashlee Simpson, it was overnight literally.

5 minutes ago, Cersei Lannister said:

5 minutes ago, cityfolk said:

Video in the OP

Janet superbowl

Janet had a 20 year career up that point :rip:

James Charles

Ashlee Simpson

Janet

Iggy Azalea

Ashlee Simpson is the correct and only answer.

I wouldn't call the Natasha video "Fast". It took a good few weeks / a month for americans to catch on

3 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

That Natalia video still makes me scream, like where the hell did that outburst come from :dies: 

She's hinted for years that the producers told her to do so but can't explicitly talk about it or she'll get sued. The X Factor producers are known to be shady; there was one girl on X Factor UK who got asked by the producers to sing a P!nk song (she looked like P!nk too), and then she got dragged for being a P!nk tribute act by the judges on stage. :dies: It was a little bit of a scandal actually.

13 minutes ago, Billboard said:

That "watch out Beyoncé!" tweet ended Tinashe faster than you could learn to pronounce her name. The way it allowed Kehlani, SZA & Normani to surpass her is just pure criminal :jonny:

Nah, that tweet didn't do her that much damage. The tweet only really got attention after she flopped for a few years and people brought it back for the irony.

6 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Janet had a 20 year career up that point :rip:

I know, but I meant in terms of instantaneously ending a commercial career.

I mean she did manage a #1 album years later, but she nosedived for sure.

Iggy literally lasted for 6 months. Poor girl, she truly got cancelled :toofunny3:

1 minute ago, Mother Earth said:

Nah, that tweet didn't do her that much damage. The tweet only really got attention after she flopped for a few years and people brought it back for the irony.

But she has 10x more talent and her music is light years better than those girls. I feel like that tweet Keri Hilson'd her and it annoys me to this day :weeps:

7 minutes ago, Mother Earth said:

She's hinted for years that the producers told her to do so but can't explicitly talk about it or she'll get sued. The X Factor producers are known to be shady; there was one girl on X Factor UK who got asked by the producers to sing a P!nk song (she looked like P!nk too), and then she got dragged for being a P!nk tribute act by the judges on stage. :dies: It was a little bit of a scandal actually.

nnnn I remember that, but didn't she also kinda have a meltdown :deadbanana2: 

Posted (edited)

James Charles went from being at the Met Gala on Monday to having his career destroyed on Friday 

:rip: 

4 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

nnnn I remember that, but didn't she also kinda have a meltdown :deadbanana2: 

Yeah, she was kinda bratty, but she really lost her ****ing mind when she was like "You guys told me to do a P!nk song..." and the judges were like "We didn't tell you to do anything!!!111", and then she started throwing microphones and lights and ****. :ahh:

20 minutes ago, Auburn said:

Easy

She got blacklisted by Viacom’s entire tv & radio empire. Destroyed her reputation. Never got enough breathing room to launch a big tour ever since.

4 minutes ago, Ryuuchan_X said:

James Charles went from being at the Met Gala on Monday to having his career destroyed on Friday 

:rip: 

:deadbanana4:

Did Natalia even have a career though?