"Oops!... I Did It Again" turns 19

15 posts in this topic

51856169_010_b?$xlarge$&hei=1500&qlt=80&

Released May 16, 2000

Oops!... I Did It Again is the second studio album by American singer Britney Spears. It was released on May 16, 2000 in the United States through Jive Records. Its music incorporates pop, dance-pop, and teen pop styles, much in the vein of her debut studio album ...Baby One More Time (1999). The album also explores a more funkier and R&B sound, while Spears also covers the Rolling Stones' "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" and the Jets' "You Got It All" (the latter was included only on the Japanese edition of the album). Contributions to the album's production came from a wide range of producers, including Max Martin, Rami Yacoub, Per Magnusson, David Kreuger, Kristian Lundin, Jake Schulze, Darkchild, and Robert John "Mutt" Lange.

z7a4Oqk.png

yY4Eepd.png

aByKwza.png

RWDNw9h.png

"Oops!...I Did It Again" was pretty much the perfect pop era. Massive album sales, three smash hits, and a successful world tour. It debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 with 1,319,000 copies, breaking the record for the highest debut-week sales by a female artist at the time. To this day, it still holds the record for highest first-week sales by a female American recording artist.

DdSaLQnU8AA4OSx.jpg

Happy 19th anniversary to this amazing album. One of her BEST. :clap3:

Legendary era :clap3:

I remember when this album was released. Meteoric.

Posted (edited)

I remember my 8 year old self being so excited at the store buying it and then finally getting home to listen to it. :katie2:

Oops is truly a masterpiece. :clap3:

Also my parents trying to ban me from watching Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know’s music video because it was too sexual. :dies:

Legendary! 

Amazing era and great album :clap3: 

Vocals, vocals and more vocals. Witnessing this event era as it all happened was a privilege :alexz:

I don't think I'll ever be more of a stan than I was of Britney during this era. She was everything and I was perpetually GAGGED and obsessed.

Literally the epitome of my childhood and still one of her best albums :smitten:

Such an amazing album!

Don't go knockin' on my door deserved to be a single tho.

Such a fun time to be a fan at this time. When I say she was EVERYWHERE... Between television, products in stores, radio, Mcdonalds etc. Kind of crazy to think about how things are now because it's like a different world compared to that time in her career. When bubblegum pop was at its peak :alexz:

iconic

Iconic. Stablished her as a pop music legend only in her second era. Massive :jonny5: 

I was too young to experience/remember the slayage, but omg what an era, what an album. Best single choices of her career probably. :heart2:

And just in time when Oops! (song) hits 200m on Spotify. Happy birthday to this iconic classic album!

15 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

And just in time when Oops! (song) hits 200m on Spotify. Happy birthday to this iconic classic album!

:1stplace: