Trump bans Huawei in America

50 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

It’s not extreme and we’re not just talking about smartphones. Huawei also makes modems and other things. They cannot be trusted. Nobody should want China having any access to their data access. Imagine a world war and China can activate a kill switch on every Huawei tower and phone. Since people don’t have tv or radio, there would be an instant information and communication blackout on hundreds of millions or even billions of people. Nobody would know when or where to seek shelter. 

These companies had their chance to be trustworthy. They were found not to be. 

Tea :cm:

11 minutes ago, Archetype said:

No, they don’t.  I’m assuming you’ve done zero research into their data practices so I’ll just leave it at that.  Huawei is required by the Chinese government to spy on Chinese citizens, so you can bet there are several backdoors in all Huawei products that allow users to be identified and tracked.  Huawei also makes telecommunications equipment for cell networks, especially 5G, which is more of why this ban came about.  No, I don’t trust a company that is required to spy on Chinese citizens by archiving personal user data and building in backdoors for governments to operate in my country and potentially have my data used without my consent or awareness.

More tea :cm:

2 minutes ago, Gasp said:

Yeah just like facebook didn't. Don't be delusional every major tech company spies on citizens.  :dies:

You have no idea what you’re talking about.  Facebook makes money by using your data to target ads.  Apple makes its money by selling hardware and services like Apple Music.  Apple has absolutely no way of knowing what you are doing and they aren’t in the business of selling ads.  Their AI algorithms run locally on your device.  There’s entire sections on Apple’s website about their privacy and security practices which you should probably read before posting complete BS again.  Apple is one of the few tech companies you can trust to protect your data (Samsung also makes highly secure Knox software for their phones and is in a similar position as Apple).

32 minutes ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

It’s not extreme and we’re not just talking about smartphones. Huawei also makes modems and other things. They cannot be trusted. Nobody should want China having any access to their data access. Imagine a world war and China can activate a kill switch on every Huawei tower and phone. Since people don’t have tv or radio, there would be an instant information and communication blackout on hundreds of millions or even billions of people. Nobody would know when or where to seek shelter. 

The conspiracies and sinophobia. :skull:

good.

there is more than enough reason to ban huawei. funding from three different chinese intelligence/military branches? no thanks.

Obama did this too. Trump agrees with Obama on something.

2 hours ago, Gasp said:

As if Apple doesn't spy on people lol

They actually don't. I have 4 family members that work for them. It's refreshing how LITTLE information they have on you.

For once, I might agree with one of his decisions. Wish Trudeau would follow through as well.

finally a good decision from Drump :clap3: 

I never trust those Chinese techs, they're all spying on us

:clap3:

Other first world countries will soon.

Good. Anyone in this thread even aware of what China has done to illegal information and data mining via tech companies...  accessing other countries & consumers info/tech/intelligence and STEALING it for their own.

anyone who doesn’t recognize this should SEARCH it up.

Second Apple Engineer Caught Stealing Trade Secrets for Chinese Companies

https://www.extremetech.com/internet/284923-second-apple-engineer-caught-stealing-trade-secrets-for-chinese-companies

Chinese hackers charged with stealing data from NASA, IBM, and others

At least 45 companies or agencies were compromised in a 12-year campaign sponsored by the Chinese government, the DOJ says

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjqxpirlJ_iAhUOU98KHcmQChIQzPwBCAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theverge.com%2F2018%2F12%2F20%2F18150275%2Fchinese-hackers-stealing-data-nasa-ibm-charged&psig=AOvVaw1vM3xrouv9cV8uzNk4mCM6&ust=1558065476193994

& more

China is a DIRTY player in politics and THEFT.

Zara Larsson better stop that deal with Huawei then. :jonny5:

:deadbanana4: not you fools thinking this is only about phones. I hate the man but this is a good thing. 

The only thing right he has done as President :clap3:

35 minutes ago, lilMonsterKayla said:

Good. Anyone in this thread even aware of what China has done to illegal information and data mining via tech companies...  accessing other countries & consumers info/tech/intelligence and STEALING it for their own.

anyone who doesn’t recognize this should SEARCH it up.

Second Apple Engineer Caught Stealing Trade Secrets for Chinese Companies

https://www.extremetech.com/internet/284923-second-apple-engineer-caught-stealing-trade-secrets-for-chinese-companies

Chinese hackers charged with stealing data from NASA, IBM, and others

At least 45 companies or agencies were compromised in a 12-year campaign sponsored by the Chinese government, the DOJ says

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjqxpirlJ_iAhUOU98KHcmQChIQzPwBCAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theverge.com%2F2018%2F12%2F20%2F18150275%2Fchinese-hackers-stealing-data-nasa-ibm-charged&psig=AOvVaw1vM3xrouv9cV8uzNk4mCM6&ust=1558065476193994

& more

China is a DIRTY player in politics and THEFT.

3 minutes ago, H-I-M said:

:clap3: 

I guess America is afraid of Chinese excellence :cm:

as a liberal citizen this may be one of the few times i agree with his action!

ban the thieves!

and re-conduct due diligence on those suspicious employees as well!

We don’t need those trashy phones :clap3:

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Can't_M!ss_This said:

great point, wow  :clap3:

Some people here try so hard to be anti-american :lmao: Like it's not even about actual information or anything, imagine saying that Huawei and Apple are spying in the same way or that it's all just a conspiracy (these are the same ones that would believe any crazy conspiracy that paints US as the bad guy btw) :deadbanana2: 

Hopefully this means that Europe will follow, though I've read it's harder for them (and would take years)

We always knew Huawei was spying on us for China.

Especially since they stole patent designs from BOTH Samsung and Apple. :celestial5:

The ignorance here with "tHeY sPy oN Us." Check ya selves and the CIA bull**** your phone is filled with before you come crying about privacy.

7 minutes ago, TinkerbellClap said:

The ignorance here with "tHeY sPy oN Us." Check ya selves and the CIA bull**** your phone is filled with before you come crying about privacy.

It's different when you got both China and Russia trying to interfere on American interests. Thought China has been more blatantly obvious with their laws requiring citizens abroad to report to them.

Americans are always going to be ignorant when it comes to the spyware and backdoor codes written into these phones. But sadly, we signed away our fates 18 years ago. :celestial6: