Trump Adm targeting children of LGBT couples

30 posts in this topic

How low will this administration keep going. :biblio:

The fact that millions supported him and think like him and his party is even more frightnening. It basically confirms that there will always be another Trump and there will always be massive support for someone like that. Ugh 

This administration really is the worst thing about the 2010's. My eyes can't believe how much this country has regressed. 

what a time to be alive... to see all these regressions... 

we can only hope it will end soon but sadly these idiots are here to stay

trump for lgbt!

What does Log Cabin have to say? :cm:

Trump is a friend of LGBT!

Gays4Trump!

But her emails!

Where's Daenerys when you need her.

He's garbage and all his supporters are garbage. Are really going back in time? What's next. Are we gonna have to use wood and two rocks to make a fire? 

I'm just happy his crummy farmer supporters are getting hit HARD by China's tariffs. :1stplace:

Maybe next time they'll vote for someone better. 

disgusting

This is what the Republican Party wants. This is what they’ve always wanted. This isn’t a Dump action. This is a GOP desire. You think you can be “financially conservative but socially liberal” and vote republican? Maybe try voting for a financially conservative and socially liberal republican. Oh wait, you can’t. Because they all cow-toe to the party at large. If any group can be described as a monolith, it’s Republicans. 

I hope every loser who didn’t vote for Hillary, in whatever way they didn’t vote for her, are really ****ing happy now. Yeah both parties are the same which is why democrats have also pushed for this. Yeah both parties are the same. Just keep telling yourself that so you can feel extra special living in your bubble of edginess and contrarianism

Did anyone read the article? 

I (admittedly) skimmed it, and it has nothing to do with LGBT couples? It seemed more to do with immigration & foreign born children, which is not LGBT specific at all. 

???

:biblio: I am so beyond disgusted

20 minutes ago, inspiration4 said:

I (admittedly) skimmed it, and it has nothing to do with LGBT couples? It seemed more to do with immigration & foreign born children, which is not LGBT specific at all. 

???

A lot of gay couples adopt foreign children. 

So basically the article took the policy aimed at illegal immigrants and then made it about lgbt parent's instead:toofunny3:

I guess the point still stand but ok

19 minutes ago, inspiration4 said:

???

It disproportionately impacts gay parents. Why are you so pedantic to defend right-wingers as one yourself? :skull:

getting rid of birthright citizenship is a reach.. :cm: 

Posted (edited)

That's illegal and not how the law works. Jus solis is jus solis regardless of marriage.

America turning 100% jus sanguinis would be a major change that I highly doubt would happen any time soon.

36 minutes ago, inspiration4 said:

???

I think this is the important part.

That “assumption of parentage,” as the State Department calls it, now seems to LGBT parents to be reserved solely for heterosexual married couples. Only same-sex couples, whose non-traditional family structure sticks out like a sore thumb, end up facing scrutiny over how their children came into the world, parents told The Daily Beast—and as a result, whether they are eligible for birthright citizenship.

But Hillary would have been just as bad. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

So basically the article took the policy aimed at illegal immigrants and then made it about lgbt parent's instead:toofunny3:

I guess the point still stand but ok

Right :skull: 

2 hours ago, Communion said:

It disproportionately impacts gay parents. Why are you so pedantic to defend right-wingers as one yourself? :skull:

If reading beyond headlines, critically thinking, and questioning whether information is being misinterpreted or intentionally misrepresented is “so pedantic to defend right wingers!11” then.... 

Guilty

And what stats show this disproportionately affects LGBT parents? Your assumption? 

2 hours ago, Witch Privilege said:

I think this is the important part.

That “assumption of parentage,” as the State Department calls it, now seems to LGBT parents to be reserved solely for heterosexual married couples. Only same-sex couples, whose non-traditional family structure sticks out like a sore thumb, end up facing scrutiny over how their children came into the world, parents told The Daily Beast—and as a result, whether they are eligible for birthright citizenship.

...isn’t that conjecture? Like, entirely? A massive claim without any hint of foundation? 

But really, the extremely sensationalist title says it all: “Trump administration to LGBT parents: Your out of Wedlock kids aren’t criticizens”... 

A title that misrepresents a policy change that affects ALL American parents whose children were born outside of the US, and likely, doesn’t affect most LGBT parents.

9 minutes ago, inspiration4 said:

But really, the extremely sensationalist title says it all: “Trump administration to LGBT parents: Your out of Wedlock kids aren’t criticizens”... 

A title that misrepresents a policy change that affects ALL American parents whose children were born outside of the US, and likely, doesn’t affect most LGBT parents.

Okay. The amount of back-bending you are doing to defend an idiot policy that is blatantly going to disproportionally affect LGBTQ people is just pathetic. What demographic of married couples cannot conceive children through traditional, natural means? You guessed it. Most LGBTQ married couples. So, it goes without ****ing saying that this bill will be a more pressing issue for LGBTQ people.

But, if saying it targets LGBTQ people is so triggering for you, then sure, let’s clarify that this bill ALSO makes adoption less viable even though the “pro-life” party screams about how women should just toss the unborn into the foster system and up for adoption instead of resorting to abortion. So, you have a policy, crafted by conservatives, that hurts LGBTQ people and makes adoption even less viable for women facing an unwanted pregnancy. 

SCORE! Feel better?