Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ecuador: Trans woman's face shattered in alleged murder

9 posts in this topic

Trans woman's face 'shattered and her limbs fractured' in Ecuador

Authorities and local LGBTI groups are at odds over her killing

Trans woman's face 'shattered and her limbs fractured' in Ecuador

An Ecuadorian LGBTI group have denounced the alleged murder of a trans woman in Guayas, Ecuador.

Catalina Casquete Holguín was found on the Puente Alterno Norte bridge near Durán at dawn on 25 April, Ecuador TV reported.

Federación LGBTI considered the 28-year-old’s death ‘suspicious’ while authorities considered her death as a result of a vehicle collision. This is despite authorities finding her tongue, separate from her body, near the scene.

The Traffic Research Office reported her death, and authorities claim a vehicle ran her over. One local Ecuadorian news website, 24Ecuador,  described her face as ‘shattered and her limbs fractured.’

However, the Federación LGBTI cast this into doubt.

In a statement on Twitter, the group said: ‘It is suspicious that someone was travelling on that single and double road and about 25 metres away, a fragment of her tongue was found.’

https://www.ecuadortv.ec/noticias/actualidad/lgbt-gay-asesinato-trans-muerte?fbclid=IwAR1Lkuoer6HvNziLq5knOArHvMF8VGwFG5toYD9eBJdToIhDOmW8rv9aM_o

Posted (edited)

OMG this is so sad

1 minute ago, JawBreaker said:

OMG this is so sad and I was actually planning to go there because I heard the men there have one of the highest average penis sizes in the world after Congo :biblio:

How shallow you have to be to comment something so trivial when a trans woman has been murdered.

OT: We NEED to protect trans people more than any person. 

2 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

How shallow you have to be to comment something so trivial when a trans woman has been murdered.

I literally said "this is so sad"...:doc:

2 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

By OT I hope you mean on topic because this is the most important message rn... This is a horrifying horrifying act that highlights the need for protections for our Trans ppl

Can't believe the first reply on the thread is about dick size.

1 minute ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

By OT I hope you mean on topic because this is the most important message rn... This is a horrifying horrifying act that highlights the need for protections for our Trans ppl

Can't believe the first reply on the thread is about dick size.

Yes, and it's more about than legal protection. 

This is so heartbreaking, the way the authorities are blatantly lying...

So so sad. They need to further investigate any possible leads to what is clearly a murder :biblio:

horrible. rip.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0