Katy Perry - “Never Really Over”

198 posts in this topic

Sounds like a pop-rock anthem :fan:

It's official ! 

There's like zero hype ! How is her team gonna do ? :rip:

5 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

If Katy released Kim's songs, they would be hits. Let's not. Kim's songs didn't blow up only because she is not a name and doesn't have industry support

Nah. Katy tried those types of songs with Birthday and This Is How We Do. People are just sick of hearing it from her. 

Unconditionally flopped because we've already had Wide Awake. Roar and Dark Horse saved the era because they sound more unique, but Bonnie McKee produces her own demos which is where a lot of that uniqueness comes from. 

Luke's style is literally to repeat the same chords over and over, building as the song goes on. But people got sick of that back in 2012. 

Luke's work with Kim literally shows he's unable to progress from that sound without help. 

28 minutes ago, Poe Dameron said:

screenshot-2019-05-19-at-12-25-39-png.10

i can't see the pic

what does it say :jonny: 

6 hours ago, H-I-M said:

Never Really Over will tank, bookmark me :)

No one needs this negativity, it's obviously not going to be some megasmash, it's a Katy Perry song in 2019. Let's just hope it's a decent song.

5 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Wait, what is this? :eek:

countdown for single release

I like this cute double writing. "It is really Over" behind "Never Really Over" 

If it's good I am ready to stan.

I feel like she is giving us exactly what  wanted which was a AC/HAC/POP song like the one song she released for that game, but better. 

4 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

countdown for single release

Yeah, it looks fake to me. Katy's official site doesn't link back to it in any way and most of it just looks... amateur and off. Plus the site isn't secure. Red flags everywhere. Don't trust it. Plus, Katy likes leaving things to the last minute to announce things, she wouldn't do a countdown exactly like Taylor either...

43 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Nah. Katy tried those types of songs with Birthday and This Is How We Do. People are just sick of hearing it from her. 

Unconditionally flopped because we've already had Wide Awake. Roar and Dark Horse saved the era because they sound more unique, but Bonnie McKee produces her own demos which is where a lot of that uniqueness comes from. 

Sis...that was 6 years ago.

You can't know if it would work today

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Yeah, it looks fake to me. Katy's official site doesn't link back to it in any way and most of it just looks... amateur and off. Plus the site isn't secure. Red flags everywhere. Don't trust it. Plus, Katy likes leaving things to the last minute to announce things, she wouldn't do a countdown exactly like Taylor either...

Ooh that site just offline :eek:

2 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

It's official ! 

There's like zero hype ! How is her team gonna do ? :rip:

It hasn't even been confirmed yet. What are you talking about? :rip:

Idk if this is real but **** I wanna hear more Katy. 365 and Con Calma are too good... I want more. 

Nnn the site is gone and it was hosted on some Brazilian server :lmao: 

No way she's coming out with a new song and not performing it on Idol though

Still hope it's true

Locked because there doesn't appear to be any real confirmation.