Uber driver is war criminal / mass murderer

9 posts in this topic

636590541716802602-EPA-BRITAIN-UBER-TRANSPORT.jpg?width=3200&height=1680&fit=crop

Where does an alleged war criminal accused of torture and directing mass executions look for work while living in the United States? For Yusuf Abdi Ali, there was an easy answer: Uber and Lyft.

A basic internet search of his name turns up numerous documents and news accounts alleging he committed various atrocities while serving as a military commander during Somalia's civil war in the 1980s.

Within a couple of days of applying to be a ride-share driver, Ali said he was approved to shuttle passengers from place to place. He's been doing it for more than 18 months, according to his Uber profile.

When CNN reporters recently caught a ride from Ali, the former Somali military commander was listed on Uber's app as an "Uber Pro Diamond" driver with a 4.89 rating.

"I do this full time," said Ali, who drives in suburban Virginia. He explained that he prefers to drive during weekends because "that's where the money is."

Ali said he has driven for Lyft, too, but he prefers working for Uber. His white Nissan Altima had only an Uber sticker on it. Asked if the application process was difficult, Ali replied that it was a breeze.

CNN previously reported that Uber and Lyft have approved thousands of people who should have been disqualified because of criminal records. Some of those Uber drivers have included a murderer on parole and a convicted felon who was later convicted for sexually assaulting an Uber passenger.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/14/business/uber-driver-accused-war-criminal-invs/index.html

:biblio: this is swhy i never tip my uber driver. just to be safe i dontn want to fund a terroisrt. 

the world is so bizarre 

1 hour ago, Cute said:

:biblio: this is swhy i never tip my uber driver. just to be safe i dontn want to fund a terroisrt. 

:rip: 

Seems like he did a great job. 

Scum, but a great rating. 

I live in this area. Am going to check if he's ever driven me.

Hillary drives an Uber? :eek:

4 hours ago, ColaFlavoredBussy said:

Hillary drives an Uber? :eek:

:deadbanana: