Beauty Marks: < 20k

mylicious

The predictions are in and Ciara isn‘t in the top 20. It‘s a bit sad since she is full of confidence in this project and since Level Up was a small success, I wish they gave it more push but whatever, wishing her the best. What are your final predictions? I hope she gets in the 15k - 20k range.

1. *Logic (Def Jam) 74-81k total activity, 19-22k album
  2. Billie Eilish (Darkroom/Interscope) 63-68k, 11-13k
  3. Khalid (Right Hand Music/RCA) 40-45k, 4-6k
  4. *Sammy Hagar & The Circle (BMG) 40-45k, 39-44k
  5. Ariana Grande (Republic) 34-38k, 3-5k
  6. Queen – Platinum Collection (Hollywood) 32-36k, 9-11k
  7. Luke Combs (River House/Columbia Nashville) 27-30k, 3-5k
  8. Schoolboy Q (TDE/Interscope) 25-28k, 1-2k
  9. DaBaby (Interscope) 25-28k, <1k
  10. *Mac DeMarco (Mac's) 24-27k, 19-22k
  11. Post Malone (Republic) 24-27k, 1-2k
  12. Juice WRLD (Grade A/Interscope) 24-27k, <1k
  13. P!nk (RCA) 24-27k, 13-15k
  14. Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 24-27k, 1-2k
  15. BTS (BigHit/Columbia) 23-26k, 14-17k
  16. Lizzo (Atlantic) 23-26k, 2-3k
  17. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie (Atlantic) 23-26k, <1k
  18. *Newsboys (Fair Trade/Columbia) 21-24k, 19-22k
  19. Nipsey Hussle (Atlantic) 19-22k, 2-3k
  20. Vampire Weekend (Columbia) 19-22k, 10-12k

Edited by mylicious

4 minutes ago, mylicious said:

I wish they gave it more push but whatever, wishing her the best.

Not this sounding like an obituary :skull:

OT: Ciara and this album deserved better.

OMG. That's sad

She deserves to get at least 200k

Well yeah, I remember seeing the album out of the iTunes top 5 and the AM top 20 on like... the third day. I expected 10-12k from her, but a 4 digit number wouldn't surprise me. She'll keep hustling regardless, as per.

Considering that she only has one single on radio (minimal pop airplay, at that) and that r&b artists are generally plummeting in pure sales (as opposed to country and singer-songwriter type of stuff), the only way for Ciara to pull >20k in 2019 is a streaming hit. Level Up did ok, but she should have followed it with an urban banger. Thinking Bout You is a good song and I appreciate how much she believes in it, but it isn't the kind of sound that would smash on streaming platforms.

The album had a limited physical release. It would've probably done better had it been released when Level Up was at its peak.

The album is great and have been released under her own terms. Still a winner! :clap3:

She should’ve capitalised on Level Up, but she’s indie now and will learn from her mistakes/what works, what doesn’t. 

I just hope she doesn’t make us wait another 4 years...

She’s not signed to major label anymore so this was expected. 

At the end of the day, she’s living her best life—flop or not, she’s more than fine. 

She’s been flopping for over a decade. What do you expect? Especially when her singles are so subpar and now she’s not even on a major label. 

4 minutes ago, FAN said:

She’s been flopping for over a decade. What do you expect? Especially when her singles are so subpar and now she’s not even on a major label. 

I'm surprised it took so long for her and her label to part ways she had so many different flop albums :rip: Her music is not good at all, the only thing keeping her in the press is her celebrity status. She's like the black J.lo but a lot less famous. 

good, maybe release a better album next time

I mean it was expected. I still appreciate the album but it's quite mediocre. It's better than Jackie but that doesn't say much.

Ciaras main flaw is that she disappears for 3-4 years after each album instead of trying to stay relevant musically. 

She had no major label support so this is to be expected 

liberalmusiclover

She already secured the bag with Russell so anything the album does is icing on the cake. :clap3: 

If her sales are anything less than 20k then that's pretty bad.

I know she's indie now but I mean... she had plenty of promo this time around (BB Awards performance, several talk shows, radio station visits, magazine covers) and also a shout-out about her album from TAYLOR SWIFT. She should at least be selling between 20-25k.

She's so hellbent on targeting the pop audience (including appealing to white people only) when they don't use her nor know her. It's 2019, pure pop isn't even in right now, it's R&B/Hip-Hop that is doing well. But no, she wants to be a popstar.

Anyway, her future is already secure and music can be a part-time thing for her at this point. I'm not dragging her or anything, I just wish she would stick to rivers and lakes that she's used to or if else, experiment with her sound (dated tracks, generic pop demos not included). 

Edited by St. Francis

The excuses in here, "no label", like she ain't have a good amount of promo. On awards shows and TV shows:bibliahh:

9 hours ago, RudeBoyy said:

I'm surprised it took so long for her and her label to part ways she had so many different flop albums :rip: Her music is not good at all, the only thing keeping her in the press is her celebrity status. She's like the black J.lo but a lot less famous. 

Nothing but facts. Ciara fell off a long time ago and lost majority of her audience years ago

the album needs to come to much closer to the first single.

All the wasted hype :noparty:

26 minutes ago, Armani? said:

The excuses in here, "no label", like she ain't have a good amount of promo. On awards shows and TV shows:bibliahh:

Promo doesn't do **** for anyone anymore, spotify playlists is what gets you a hit nowadays and Ciara has been a flop for a while, y'all expecting big numbers are delusional.

8 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Promo doesn't do **** for anyone anymore, spotify playlists is what gets you a hit nowadays and Ciara has been a flop for a while, y'all expecting big numbers are delusional.

20k is not big numbers

....I also feel like her fans don't really support her enough. There are plenty of them fawning over her marriage but when it comes to the music, it's crickets. She's been in the game too long to not have a loyal fanbase right now. 

expected

I mean shes flopped for over a decade but still makes bops. Do yo thang Cici

She has so much potential but it never fully goes through. She's yet to release THAT album.

I'm a part-time stan but you don't get a loyal fanbase when your albums are half quality, half trash.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.