Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Katy Perry - "Never Really Over"

10,876 posts in this topic

@Recidive the mods should (and probably will) re-open your thread and merge it with this one.

Honestly I don't know why it was closed given that a reliable insider confirmed, it's no different to Eclipse & co. threading new releases with their own information.

A reliable Popjustice user says their friend heard it.

Produced by Zedd & Dreamlab, closer to 365 than Stay/The Middle/etc.

Is this produced by Zedd? Let's hope it's more infectious than 365. :gaycat4:

wait so is this real?

25 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

@Recidive the mods should (and probably will) re-open your thread and merge it with this one.

Honestly I don't know why it was closed given that a reliable insider confirmed, it's no different to Eclipse & co. threading new releases with their own information.

Sis, that wasn’t my thread, but you are too nice :heart2::heart2:

I thought that @heartbeats deserves it, but after his “365 is futuristic and experimental!!11” post I changed my mind

1 hour ago, Kim Kardashian said:

is this her lead or is it zedd's other single?

i know they filmed something under the eclipse so it's probably for this song

if it's close to 365, she's doomed

What is NRO

She should totally be dropping a new album this year. I have hope in Katheryn after CC and I actually like 365. It’s chill and catchy to me.

I find it weird she will release with no anticipation, May 31st is next week and we have no word from her?

Just now, UnusualBoy said:

I find it weird she will release with no anticipation, May 31st is next week and we have no word from her?

Tbf she didn't start teasing CTTR until the Monday before it released

If it's real, i'm so ****ing mad at her :rip: It's the same **** that happened to 365

No Official Announcement, just rumours and industry insiders. She doesn't have the same amount of star level as Beyonce to just drop a surprise release. That's the reason why most people didn't even know that she had a new song when 365 was released.

We need ANNOUNCEMENTS. We need TEASERS. We need ARTWORKS. 

7 minutes ago, Sept said:

If it's real, i'm so ****ing mad at her :rip: It's the same **** that happened to 365

at least this one didn't leak 3 weeks early so the gays will actually stream it

It’s real. 

Mr S already confirmed it’s coming next week(just not the title)

on the flip-side, I feel if she were to suddenly start talking about things like you all wished she would do, that would increase the likelihood of it leaking 1000%, and then that messes things up.

she can wait and do things on her schedule, but once it's released, she HAS to promote it.  None of this putting it out to pasture nonsense.  She doesn't have to release the video right away, either.  She can release the song with a cute lyric video, along with itunes banners and a radio deal.  The video can wait a couple weeks.

22 minutes ago, spree said:

on the flip-side, I feel if she were to suddenly start talking about things like you all wished she would do, that would increase the likelihood of it leaking 1000%, and then that messes things up.

she can wait and do things on her schedule, but once it's released, she HAS to promote it.  None of this putting it out to pasture nonsense.  She doesn't have to release the video right away, either.  She can release the song with a cute lyric video, along with itunes banners and a radio deal.  The video can wait a couple weeks.

agreed 100%. she lost her instant top 10 power with CTTR (still underrated imo) so a video later on would probably help keep it afloat 

excited but I don't understand why this is coming so quickly after Con Calma. do they really expect Pop radio to spin two of her songs simultaneously in 2019?

Another Zedd song...?

2 hours ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

It’s real. 

Mr S already confirmed it’s coming next week(just not the title)

Who is Mr. S?

2 minutes ago, ifeelitboy said:

Who is Mr. S?

Most reliable insider we have on this site and online

6 hours ago, heartbeats said:

is this her lead or is it zedd's other single?

i know they filmed something under the eclipse so it's probably for this song

I would assume, given that nobody has mentioned his name when talking about it, that it's just Katy who has an artist credit.

Posted (edited)

"365 is by no means the template for the next song beyond the fact that Zedd worked on both songs really. 365 is like a sedate breezy tropi-bop and NRO is an midtempo stormer with a big chorus melody."

thank god

Image result for katy perry gif

19 minutes ago, heartbeats said:

"365 is by no means the template for the next song beyond the fact that Zedd worked on both songs really. 365 is like a sedate breezy tropi-bop and NRO is an midtempo stormer with a big chorus melody."

thank god

Where did you read that??? :jonny5:

24 minutes ago, heartbeats said:

thank god

I can already hear it on repeat in my head.

giphy.gif

Now that this is confirmed, I’m hyped :duca: come thru Katheryn