Pregnant black woman shot & killed by police

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A woman of colour has been shot dead by a police officer during an altercation outside her apartment complex.

The woman, who has been identified by family members as 44-year-old Pamela Turner, was recognised by a patrolling officer as having prior warrants, police in the city of Baytown, Texas, said.

Her sister Antoinette said Turner was on medication for schizophrenia, she told KPRC Click2Houston.

When the officer attempted to arrest Turner however, she resisted, police have said.

“During the course of the attempted arrest, the female began struggling with the officer, which forced the officer to deploy his Taser,” said Lt. Steve Dorris, a public information officer with the Baytown Police Department.

“That deployment was not effective, and the female was able to get the officer's Taser away from him. She actually tased the officer, which forced the officer to draw his duty weapon and fire multiple rounds at the suspect." 

The incident was recorded and shared on social media, and viewers have questioned whether the incident could have been resolved differently. 

Turner's prior warrants were for criminal mischief and assault.

She was pronounced dead on the scene on Monday evening

Police have not released the name of the officer involved, but have identified him as a Hispanic male who has worked at the department for 11 years. They confirmed to KPRC that he has been placed on administrative leave as the Harris County District Attorney's office investigates the incident. 

Neighbours told KPRC that Turner was “not a bad person” and she would “just walk around, smoke her cigarettes and walk her dogs.”

Turner had two adult children and three grandchildren, Turner's sister, Antoinette, said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/black-woman-shot-dead-texas-killed-police-death-a8913596.html

:mad:

Why didn't he call for backup?  :mad:

Poor innocent baby. She definitely shouldn't have tasered the officer. 

Is there not one cop that knows how to effectively, and properly, do his or her job; or is killing what they’re trained to do?

giphy.gif

A danger to herself and society

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****???

BaU61mE.gif

What's a pregnant lady going to do to you, dumb bitch. 

According to some posts on Twitter, the officer and Pamela knew each other. They were neighbours and she complained that the officer used to harass her so this must be a personal attack rather than arresting for something.

Even if she tasered him first, that was still no reason to shoot her. What happened to calling for extra help from fellow police officers? The officer wanted to get rid of her out of anger.

1 minute ago, Harmonous said:

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****???

BaU61mE.gif

What's a pregnant lady going to do to you, dumb bitch. 

I mean, she had warrants out for her arrest. Knowing she's carrying a child, she definitely should not have resisted or tasered the officer. The only one I feel bad for in this situation is the baby. 

8 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Is there not one cop that knows how to effectively, and properly, do his or her job; or is killing what they’re trained to do?

giphy.gif

It feels like they're trained to kill on sight if the person is black. Disgusting. 

That's the bad side of town :dancehall:

I’m disgusted 

America's police force... whew... the mistakes just keep on comin'

Sigh...

38 minutes ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

32 minutes ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

I mean, she had warrants out for her arrest. Knowing she's carrying a child, she definitely should not have resisted or tasered the officer. The only one I feel bad for in this situation is the baby. 

:biblio: just wrong completely. The only justifiable reason would be if she had a gun; otherwise he deserves to die. 7/8 gun shots and ultimately murdered for taking a f*cking taster!? That's f*cking insane. 

53 minutes ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

49 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

47 minutes ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

White supremacists 

The police officers are supposed to let the courts decide not resort to vigilante justice. 

She tasered the officer??! :eek:

I just feel like it would be easier to let suspects get away and call for reinforcements to chase them rather than escalating the situation by pulling guns :skull:

It's just strange to me how you hear about all these people getting shot by police over parking tickets or shoplifting

48 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

:biblio: just wrong completely. The only justifiable reason would be if she had a gun; otherwise he deserves to die. 7/8 gun shots and ultimately murdered for taking a f*cking taster!? That's f*cking insane. 

I mean, I agree there's no good reason, but this is 2019 and she put herself AND her baby in danger by acting recklessly with the police. WTF did she think was going to happen if she tasered the damn cop? :psyduck: Common sense has to kick in at some point.

36 minutes ago, Joey.... said:

White supremacists 

:lmao: Ok.

3 hours ago, 6_INCH_HEELS said:

3 hours ago, Illuminati said:

She's schizophrenic.... maybe your police force should be better equipped with dealing with INNOCENT mentally ill citizens

1 hour ago, Miss Bank$ said:

She's schizophrenic.... maybe your police force should be better equipped with dealing with INNOCENT mentally ill citizens

My police force? I'm not from South Africa.

Just now, Illuminati said:

My police force? I'm not from South Africa.

South Africa? this happened in texas sdssdfsdf

New updates. Her family and the police department confirmed she wasn’t actually pregnant. I don’t think he should’ve shot her :dancehall: He could’ve subdued her without killing.

What a mess.

When I first read the article it seemed that one could actually objectively excuse the policeman actions but when you see the video one can clearly tell this was abuse of power, why would he escalate from what should have been an avoidable arrest into shooting her? :biblio:

fire multiple rounds at the suspect

Why would a police officer need to fire multiple times at an already tasered pregnant middle aged woman?

Rest in peace to the poor woman...