Iggy PISSED Off With Billboard Position

100 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Miss Bank$ said:

Ugh such a WEAK DRAG. Sis if you're gonna try and come for the Kuntbrigade at least come harder, we've been thru it all 

Why would anyone come harder for y’all? Your fave embarrass you all hard enough :toofunny2: 

ot: she made some points

9 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

But atrl told me that it is very easy to chart (hence why Nicki 5677 Hot100 entries weren’t impressive)

14FIF5A.gif

This ****ing gif :skull: 

stop the foolishness Iggs and sign with major label (that is not some crap flop one like the last one, Epic, RCA etc.)

I do feel bad

3 hours ago, Robyn. said:

Meh, y'all honestly boring if you don't understand her frustration. 

She puts effort and works very hard so I get that she would at least expect a Hot 100 entry, however, it strikes me how she has a lot more social media support and buzz nowadays and yet her music is failing like this. When Started dropped, she even had viral tweets about her. You'd think it would help her now that the hate bandwagon is over but yikes.

I mean...she decided to go independent herself and people aren't buying the music. If anything, she's more frustrated that people don't want to hear the kind of music she wants to make. Plenty of artists (Lil Nas, ready example) have been able to come up without major label support. She had the big label support but the problem is people either are over her or they want to hear her making different types of songs

Well she needs to be blaming her fans instead and realistically adjust her expectations as an independent artist. Personally if I was her, I'd look for a baller tbh or date someone popular for more hype. #LevelUpLikeCiara

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

stop the foolishness Iggs and sign with major label (that is not some crap flop one like the last one, Epic, RCA etc.)

What major record label is going to take a chance considering her commercial viability and her being a liability (exposing labels and industry people on Twitter)?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Black Jesus said:

I mean...she decided to go independent herself and people aren't buying the music. If anything, she's more frustrated that people don't want to hear the kind of music she wants to make. Plenty of artists (Lil Nas, ready example) have been able to come up without major label support. She had the big label support but the problem is people either are over her or they want to hear her making different types of songs

People aren't consuming the music because they don't KNOW about the music existing in the first place regardless of them ****ing with her or not. She was like #60 on New Music Friday per example. She went top 10 on iTunes (and peaked #23 on Billboard's US Digital Songs) due to word of mouth alone, the song wasn't even on that homepage section with the releases of the week that feature like every new song including nobodies and bigger flops than her  :skull:

There IS obviously an interest in her/her music and her Youtube streams and the fact her first indie release debuted at #62 about a month ago on the Hot 100 (her highest peak in over 3 years) attest to it, but obviously it's hard to keep it going without any other exposure because her fanbase is obviously not that big.

And it was the same thing while being under a big label because she still wasnt being given any better opportunities. The reason why she chose to go indie is because at least whatever money she makes goes mostly to her and she gets full control over her career decisions (and makes the music she enjoys/wants to). This is because she's literally been blackballed, a few big industry heads don't **** with her, you should watch her behind the scenes video for Started as she talks about that. It doesn't matter what song she puts out, it could be the best thing ever, it still won't get any backing, so she needs to try to build and get buzz little by little... like she has been. She's also not "pissed off" at this chart position she was trolling lol she might be a bit disappointed it didn't make the Hot 100 due to the video impact alone not being enough (and after Sally's great debut) but she's aware it wouldn't get anywhere after that anyway and that's not exactly a much better trajectory either.

You also can't compare her to Lil Nas or some unknown who has a viral song take off big time, and also didn't he immediately sign with Columbia so the song could get the proper backing it needed whether it was to get radio on board or all the streaming services (before it inevitably landed #1 but if he'd stayed indie maybe the song wouldn't be so huge rn either without every metric contributing to its success, who knows)

28 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

What major record label is going to take a chance considering her commercial viability and her being a liability (exposing labels and industry people on Twitter)?

She said she was offered deals by both Atlantic and Columbia after Universal granted her release, she opted to go with Empire so she'd own her masters and have full control. I highly doubt she lied as she literally named the CEOs and she could've easily been exposed. She said she didn't feel like going into the major label system again because it frustrated her for years so she'd at least like to try doing things on her own. Her "exposes" haven't also been that big of a deal (besides the Spotify thing but she wasn't saying anything it hadn't already been said).

The fans can only take you so far. They don't do miracles and less when your fanbase is not big...

Girl.... your time is gone 

This is not 2014 anymore sis :fan:

15 hours ago, slw84 said:

There’s irony somewhere here but welp iggy you came for Britney 

when you come from a legend you have trouble on your hands.

still love your videography and root for you but you didn’t release middle man 

you didn’t put out a video to beg for it and you DARED to release that song with Jennifer scream Hudson instead if we in this b or iggy szn 

you wanted it to end this way:coffee2:

Didn’t she shade Britney for being lazy? If that’s what she did, I don’t understand what was wrong. 

4 hours ago, Black Jesus said:

Why would you bring up Lil Nas? He is new so it’s not comparable. Let’s see where he is after OTR :rip: 

embarrassing

57 minutes ago, Squall said:

Why would you bring up Lil Nas? He is new so it’s not comparable. Let’s see where he is after OTR :rip: 

My point was that a song can be a hit if it resonates, label or no. OK, I'll use Cardi's "Bodak Yellow", she wasn't a known artist and was still able to come up with a viral song. My point is that a label isn't everything and she already has name recognition.

4 minutes ago, Black Jesus said:

My point was that a song can be a hit if it resonates, label or no. OK, I'll use Cardi's "Bodak Yellow", she wasn't a known artist and was still able to come up with a viral song. My point is that a label isn't everything and she already has name recognition.

It’s definitely easier to get a viral hit (like thanks to a meme) when you are unknown

When you had a hit already, you need way more than that to catch people’s attention so of course in Iggy’s situation, not having a label is way more problematic than for Lil Nas

She actually thought she did sumn with that horrid song? :toofunny3:

15 hours ago, M André said:

Well considering y’all stan an unstable homophobe 

She's queer lmfao idgaf, half of you gays on here are more homophobic than her

Also nice ableism

8 hours ago, Opium said:

Why would anyone come harder for y’all?

Because it would make the azealia stan drag attempts make me cringe a little less when im looking at my screen

Wait she’s independent and making videos like Started? :deadbanana4: GIRL. What kinda profit do you expect to make. 

2 hours ago, Squall said:

Didn’t she shade Britney for being lazy? If that’s what she did, I don’t understand what was wrong. 

She actually shaded Britney's team, I remember her specifically saying it was B's team in charge of that song's schedule and promotion because it was released through her label RCA and Britney worked as the main artist for that release (despite Iggy also being billed as a lead artist for other purposes which also caused drama) so she technically couldn't do anything (other than perform it on her own shows - which she did, and does to this day).

Ironically Britney's fans wanted her to speak out again during this Free Britney movement on her experiences with Britney's team after the same fans had dragged her through the mud several times in the past for doing so.... :foot:

On 5/13/2019 at 11:43 PM, Fisherman said:

Says an Azealia stan 💀

:fan:

On 5/14/2019 at 12:30 AM, judaskills said:

The thing is... Her music has no substance and it's not even catchy to me anymore so I don't even bother checking for it. I liked her during TNC era though. 

valid