Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

OneRepublic - "Rescue Me"

70 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Siberian Tiger said:

"End of summer" are Ryan's words too. But it might be September or even October :fan:

Better be September :deadbanana2: 

2 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Better be September :deadbanana2: 

I guess same schedule like for OMM. 

I'm not getting my hopes up tbh they also have a tendency of being ... Very slow with album release 

2 hours ago, Siberian Tiger said:

"End of summer" are Ryan's words too. But it might be September or even October :fan:

End of summer is also enough time to scrap the whole album, let's be real :cm:

15 hours ago, Denyy said:

End of summer is also enough time to scrap the whole album, let's be real :cm:

Well if they also unbury OMM and tour with it I would be happy bc these delays just look like an excuse not to have a tour :toofunny3:

so, is this doing something?

here we go again for another canceled era :shakeno:

9 minutes ago, magazine said:

IDTS, but they literally never smash upfront, any hit single of theirs takes time to grow. plus, they haven't had a hit since Native era (CS and LRO). looking back at their discography, they only have three truly HUGE "hits" (Apologize, Good Life, Counting Stars), as well as a few other memorable songs (Stop & Stare, All The Right Moves, Secrets, Love Runs Out). they're not a very big band, obviously; so i wish they'd stop chasing hits and the types of songs that make hits, and go back to actually focusing on lyrics-based songwriting - don't need to cram a bunch of repetitive lyrics into <3min

Rescue Me

Looking alright

23 hours ago, magazine said:

You reminded of a person who called Native a flop after its second week drop :rip:

Ugh. So that means September at THE very earliest. 

8 hours ago, Siberian Tiger said:

You reminded of a person who called Native a flop after its second week drop :rip:

:laugh: guys, don't get me wrong

I'm just saying that I'm worried if this flops, the era is (yet again) probably cancelled (just like they moved on from all of the recent singles they were trying to push, obviously they want a hit to then release an album).

This is a catchy ass bop :jonny2:

20 hours ago, magazine said:

:laugh: guys, don't get me wrong

I'm just saying that I'm worried if this flops, the era is (yet again) probably cancelled (just like they moved on from all of the recent singles they were trying to push, obviously they want a hit to then release an album).

I can't understand your point. Which singles did they move on from? Connection? Bc everything else wasn't attached to 1R5. They got in trouble with their next single (Ryan said someone claimed they wrote it) and probably bc of it everything was postponed :confused:  Well they obviously won't have a hit without extensive promo but none of OMM singles was a hit either and the album still came out.

1 minute ago, Siberian Tiger said:

I can't understand your point. Which singles did they move on from? Connection? Bc everything else wasn't attached to 1R5. They got in trouble with their next single (Ryan said someone claimed they wrote it) and probably bc of it everything was postponed :confused:  Well they obviously won't have a hit without extensive promo but none of OMM singles was a hit either and the album still came out.

what

they had a load of songs: Connection, Rich Love, No Vacancy,...

OMM still had songs charting, which is not the case of any of the above (Rich Love kind of did "something" because they actually push it on spotify, still a flop chartwise).

What I'm saying is pretty clear, I don't know how you can't understand :noparty: I'm a fan of them

Ryan even wrote a note in 2017ish, they were trying something that could "stick", practically admitting that that was why they didn't release an album with it (let's no be blind, we all got the message, and I can understand their position obviously).

If any of those songs would've turned out to be a hit, I assure you 100% that we would've had an album :skull:

I mean, that's what literally every artist does. The times have changed and they know it.

And that's why I'm hoping this time they don't cancel everyting because of no hits. That's just it. I think my comment was pretty innocent and realistic :huh: My trust in them is definitly not on a high level.

2 hours ago, magazine said:

what

they had a load of songs: Connection, Rich Love, No Vacancy,...

OMM still had songs charting, which is not the case of any of the above (Rich Love kind of did "something" because they actually push it on spotify, still a flop chartwise).

What I'm saying is pretty clear, I don't know how you can't understand :noparty: I'm a fan of them

Ryan even wrote a note in 2017ish, they were trying something that could "stick", practically admitting that that was why they didn't release an album with it (let's no be blind, we all got the message, and I can understand their position obviously).

If any of those songs would've turned out to be a hit, I assure you 100% that we would've had an album :skull:

I mean, that's what literally every artist does. The times have changed and they know it.

And that's why I'm hoping this time they don't cancel everyting because of no hits. That's just it. I think my comment was pretty innocent and realistic :huh: My trust in them is definitly not on a high level.

Uhm these songs were meant to be just "songs" :confused: From Ryan's letter:

To all our fans: we hope you enjoy our new approach to releasing music, you will be hearing it as we make it. There are no "first singles", there are no "album cycles", there's us getting inspired, writing a tune, and getting it to you fast as we can.

After everything deservedly flopped they decided to come back to making albums.

3 hours ago, Siberian Tiger said:

Where did Ryan said they got in trouble with their next single?

7 hours ago, 1RM5 said:

Where did Ryan said they got in trouble with their next single?

It was in his insta stories back in September

#9 on iTunes

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0