Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Near

Has GoT ruined its legacy?

Strawberry Swing

Not really

But the ending will be remembered as one of the worst finales in TV history

Lost and HIMYM find new friend

Robert

Yes the writing of the last two seasons has been lazy, full of pointless shock value and very different from what made people fall in love with the shows. Season 1-6 are that bitch though.

DEXTER

Riverdale better 

ahauntingnearu
5 hours ago, Blue. said:

LOL no, only Daenerys fans are throwing fits, literally everybody I know (school, UNI, work, etc.) were bombing the group texts loving the episode :ahh:  

then they're clearly casual viewers at best. independent of the writers ruining dany's character, they've ruined almost every other character as well. characters' decisions make no sense based on their personality and arc from seasons 1-7, and their actions are mostly ridiculous. season 7 was a decline in quality, but this season has been 5 for 5 outright BAD.

Starkboy

Nope, just as one of the best shows of all time with a pretty ****ty ending. Its legacy will still remain unbothered.

HabbGaga
9 hours ago, Blue. said:

LOL no, only Daenerys fans are throwing fits, literally everybody I know (school, UNI, work, etc.) were bombing the group texts loving the episode :ahh:  

I haven't spoken to anyone about this episode, I actually quite enjoyed it tho, their were several sloppy moments, that you sort of just have to brush off, but it was the better episode of the season in my opinion. That being said, all previous episodes in this season that I have spoken to people about, everybody seems to be on a similar page, this season has just been bad overall. I don't think it's ruined it's legacy, it's still an amazing show, just the writing went severally downhill, it's most notable here because characters are making decisions that seem unlike the prior characters we knew them to be, it feels rushed as if they're forcing certain things onto us that just doesn't make sense. I'm not just talking about Daenery's. Since when did Tyrion become so stupid? I swear he was always the logical one.

It isn't the best show of all time, never would I have ever said that in a million years. Production is incredible, but the writing, acting at times, character development, actually just growing attachment to these characters is near impossible, and maybe the 2 year gap between season 7 & 8 didn't help. It's literally serving season 7 & 8 of The Walking Dead (fans hated it as well)

Orsay

No, it will always be one of the biggest and most acclaimed shows in television history. It will just be remembered for having a big decline in quality in the last few seasons, which happens to a lot of shows

kayliah

Its a really disappointing season to be honest no thrills no awesome plot twists or cliffhangers!!!!

Orsay

I actually think large swathes of the tasteless GP will like this ending :toofunny2:

PrinceJawbreaker

Yes. Sad!

Blue.
9 hours ago, scenekiller said:

Not you using a couple dozen people as proof :bibliahh:

Try looking past your own personal life and see what literally the rest of the world is saying :bibliahh:

Nnnn, I used that as an example but literally most of Twitter is on board with this and have been stanning Sansa since the beginning of the season (one of the biggest viral tweets around is one that changes the episodes names to Sansa Was Right, part 1 through 6).

Only Daenerys fans are upset.

3 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

then they're clearly casual viewers at best. independent of the writers ruining dany's character, they've ruined almost every other character as well. characters' decisions make no sense based on their personality and arc from seasons 1-7, and their actions are mostly ridiculous. season 7 was a decline in quality, but this season has been 5 for 5 outright BAD.

What’s the definition of casual viewer? Because if that is not being sickingly obsessed with a character then you are Right. Otherwise, most people here watch it almost religiously. 

Recidive

No, we just witnessed the best character development of all time :jonny2:

Mr.Link

It’s been nothing but absurd fan service for years. The epitome of overrated.

private radio

yes

what a tragedy

Nerevanin

By the big decline in quality (story-wise) that started in S6? Yes.

By making Dany the mad queen? No. Dany was always going to be the mad queen, there are hints about it as far as book 1 / season 1. I don't understand how people didn't see it coming.

11 hours ago, Mohzy said:

They should of gave us 2 more seasons if this is the story they wanted to tell. The past 2 season felt so rushed.  I feel so cheated. 

Agree. They basically wasted the whole S6 and S7 on absolutely nothing (excluding burning of the sept). They should have implemented more of "mad queen" Dany in S7 because she became mad in just two episodes or so and it seems most people have problems to digest it and call it "a sudden change".

Fitzswiftie

It will join the likes of How I Met Your Mother, Dexter, Gossip Girl and the Sopranos of great shows with terrible endings 

Cersei Lannister

Yes, we all switched like ******s after last ep

giphy.gif

Nerevanin
1 hour ago, HabbGaga said:

Since when did Tyrion become so stupid? I swear he was always the logical one.

Since the show surpassed the books. It's the same thing with Littlefinger and Varys. All the clever scheming characters became caricatures whose decisions didn't make much sense because D&D don't know how to write clever scheming characters.

CCSS1303

Yes

SA*KURA
11 hours ago, Blue. said:

only Daenerys fans? why would Cersei, Jaime, Tyrion, Jon or even Sansa fans be happy with this episode?

Ressti

It's pretty much ruined yes. But I mean, the first 4 seasons and season 6 are still great. The ending just completely butchers the journey because we know were their story arcs are headed and it makes a lot of it feel meaningless.

Jjang

It's pretty damn dumb on paper, yes. The first 3 seasons were really good, the last one is just terrible.

aesthetic bih

WOW! Finally an end to this OVERRATED show. 

vacance

Yes. The show has never been THAT good, but trying to condense so much into one short season to reach this specific endgame just highlights how bad it's gotten and how awful D&D truly are. Y'all will really see next week. :skull:

Slamless
21 minutes ago, Fitzswiftie said:

It will join the likes of How I Met Your Mother, Dexter, Gossip Girl and the Sopranos of great shows with terrible endings 

UM