Has GoT ruined its legacy?

91 posts in this topic

Yes when the writer of the classic X-Men Origins: Wolverine & his buddy ran out of existing texts to summarize 3 seasons ago.

I think so. This is probably the most fumbled ending of all time. 

Dexter and True Blood were already trash by the time they ended and Lost's ending is widely acclaimed nowadays.

Posted (edited)

I don’t get why D&D just didn’t do fan service this season for every episode? It would’ve been better than the crap episodes they’ve put out this season. We haven’t even gotten to see Arya wear a face yet this season. What an utter waste of her abilities 

Honestly they could have fixed most of their issues by giving us a full season instead of squeezing everything into 6 episodes. 

Posted (edited)

I actually loved the Battle of Winterfell and everything before it. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole 90 minutes, truly one of the best entertainment moments of my life. I can see the shortcomings in logic, but that was a classic. Everything since has been a huge disappointment, I don't even care that Dany has gone mad. But it literally happened in 2 episodes of an 8 season show where she has been the perfect leader who has checked her worst impulses by listening to her advisors and being level headed and compassionate. I have not cried this season. Not once. It doesn't feel right. Cersei, Jamie, The Hound, Jorah, The Dragon, Missandei, Lyanna Mormont. I should be feeling something but I'm not. The best finish this season was for Melissandre, but that wasn't sad, it was poetic and just.

The fact that ATRL users could literally spend an hour together and fix this season with small tweaks to the plot is mindblowing to me. Did no one check D&D or were they just completely left to their own devices? It's an absolute travesty. That said, we've got one episode left with some mystery left as to who will rule so that's something to look forward to... Dany is now crazy and that's just the way it is.

Nope, it's the best show of all time and this is one of it's best seasons ever

20 hours ago, Blue. said:

LOL no, only Daenerys fans are throwing fits, literally everybody I know (school, UNI, work, etc.) were bombing the group texts loving the episode :ahh:  

imagine lying this much. :rip:

-

on topic: yes, it did.

17 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Yes. If y'all aren't disappointed in this episode you will be disappointed next week. I can't say more.

You've said too much you ****head. What do you think you're doing with this? **** OFF.

2 minutes ago, Fetch said:

You've said too much you ****head. What do you think you're doing with this? **** OFF.

Oh you **** off. I've deleted my post even though I literally didn't imply anything at all.

2 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Oh you **** off. I've deleted my post even though I literally didn't imply anything at all.

You absolutely did imply something. What a dumb little bitch you are. 

It really has. I think the popularity of the show has ultimately led to its declining quality. The show's a critical and commercial juggernaut with a monumental fanbase. They know damn well that people will eat up whatever garbage they put out because it carries the GOT tag. Happens with pretty much every franchise that experiences success and acclaim (see AHS). 

1 minute ago, Fetch said:

You absolutely did imply something. What a dumb little bitch you are. 

Jesus ****ing Christ what the hell is wrong with you? I literally said nothing. I tried to be as ambiguous as possible. Hope it was worth the WP.

Anyway, this season is the doom of the series, I can't see the spin-offs having anywhere near the success this one had.

1 minute ago, The Unforgiving said:

Jesus ****ing Christ what the hell is wrong with you? I literally said nothing. I tried to be as ambiguous as possible. Hope it was worth the WP.

Anyway, this season is the doom of the series, I can't see the spin-offs having anywhere near the success this one had.

Why are you even talking about what happens in the final episode? Keep that **** in the spoilers thread. Just admit you were wrong to do that and move on. ATRL has doubled down on it's spoilers policy so I can take comfort in the fact you'll be in ban land when the final episode airs. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Why are you even talking about what happens in the final episode? Keep that **** in the spoilers thread. Just admit you were wrong to do that and move on. ATRL has doubled down on it's spoilers policy so I can take comfort in the fact you'll be in ban land when the final episode airs. 

As I said, I spoiled nothing, you can interpret my post however you like but don't blame me for what happens then.

This season is beyond saving anyway.

Just now, The Unforgiving said:

As I said, I spoiled nothing, you can interpret my post however you like but don't blame me for what happens then.

giphy.gif