Jump to content

Has GoT ruined its legacy?

91 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

people are NOT reacting kindly to today's episode and last week's... and the one before that

do you think the show has ruined its legacy or will it survive the backlash?

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should of gave us 2 more seasons if this is the story they wanted to tell. The past 2 season felt so rushed.  I feel so cheated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This show is a shell of its former self.

 

tumblr_o3u4uw8ZKp1ub2go8o2_250.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I felt like I stumbled across some alternative reality and could recognize the show and the characters but it still made zero sense. :ahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes

 

xS8E385.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, but "The Bells" is one of the worst episodes in the show's history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not people here switching like sissies in the last few episodes :fan: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes three seasons ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll just be one of those shows that's remembered fondly but had a **** ending. That's half of television.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It got pretty far seeing as it was a glorified fanfic after season 4, it will be known as a subpar by-product of the superior ASOIAF series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL no, only Daenerys fans are throwing fits, literally everybody I know (school, UNI, work, etc.) were bombing the group texts loving the episode :ahh:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’ll follow the footsteps of The Sopranos. Warmly received despite ending poorly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's like thatn Dan Gossip Girl reveal all over again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mohzy said:

They should of gave us 2 more seasons if this is the story they wanted to tell. The past 2 season felt so rushed.  I feel so cheated. 

This. The show was so brilliant the first 5 seasons. Now it’s a rushed mess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dany was ruined to be honest. The entire show was about her doing one thing and in 1 hour they completely through 7 seasons away.

 

Also Tyrion was the best character of the series until the last 2-3 season. He’a  trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blue. said:

LOL no, only Daenerys fans are throwing fits, literally everybody I know (school, UNI, work, etc.) were bombing the group texts loving the episode :ahh:  

Not you using a couple dozen people as proof :bibliahh:

 

Try looking past your own personal life and see what literally the rest of the world is saying :bibliahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chemist said:

This. The show was so brilliant the first 5 seasons. Now it’s a rushed mess

Season 5 was also dreadful, actually you can pinpoint the collapse of the direction when they decided to film Dorne on a literal beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. It will basically be remembered like Lost was with that mess of finale. Its just one of the best shows on tv. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, keerbyriri said:

It got pretty far seeing as it was a glorified fanfic after season 4, it will be known as a subpar by-product of the superior ASOIAF series.

:cm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really, I mean, despite the fact that it's not good as it used to, it's still great compared to most of the TV shows so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm.

It will be remembered, probably like HIMYM or better, Lost.

But overhyped, as S6-S8 are a marked decline from S1-5, with 7 and 8 being especially bad, with the last episodes being bad.

 

I don't think however it ends will grow on people though, other than people who feel the need to try to make something good out of everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chris1991 said:

Dany was ruined to be honest. The entire show was about her doing one thing and in 1 hour they completely through 7 seasons away.

 

Also Tyrion was the best character of the series until the last 2-3 season. He’a  trash.

"The entire show" was absolutely not about her, or any other individual person for that matter :toofunny2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fact that some of you were really calling it the best show of all time in a thread here a few weeks ago :ahh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites