Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

@PinkBox getting praised on every critique.................a nightmare, literally a nightmare......but somehow also a dream.......................

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Speezy said:

Ily2 but your score wasn’t bad 

someone received worst :gaycat2: 

Just say my name

3 minutes ago, Black Canary said:

Just say my name

If no one is around you
Say baby I love you
If you ain't runnin' game 

giphy.gif

While waiting for the critique, lemme have you guys fill up this 

Put your name next to the album title 

source:

Image result for BUYING ALBUMS GIF

1 Dream With Me - Jackie Evancho - kiiwii
2  Back to Black - Amy Winehouse - Queen Conchita
3 Confessions On a Dance Floor - Madonna - Invisibility
4 J.Lo - Jennifer Lopez - Not Like The Movies
5 Scarlet's Walk - Tori Amos -
6 Loose - Nelly Furtado - KatyCatPH
7 Up - Shania Twain - Overprotected
8 Ascension - Aria Tesolin -

9 Laundry Service - Shakira - Solarie

10 Born to Die - Lana del Rey - Pinkbox
11 The Heat - Toni Braxton - Guero

12 Soldier of Love - Sade - Erikills
13 Come Away With Me - Norah Jones -  Psycho

It will be quick lol

While waiting for the critique, lemme have you guys fill up this 

Put your name next to the album title 

source:

Image result for BUYING ALBUMS GIF

1 Dream With Me - Jackie Evancho - kiiwii
2  Back to Black - Amy Winehouse - Queen Conchita
3 Confessions On a Dance Floor - Madonna - Invisibility
4 J.Lo - Jennifer Lopez - Not Like The Movies
5 Scarlet's Walk - Tori Amos - Overprotected
6 Loose - Nelly Furtado - KatyCatPH
7 Up - Shania Twain -
8 Ascension - Aria Tesolin -

9 Laundry Service - Shakira - Solarie

10 Born to Die - Lana del Rey - Pinkbox
11 The Heat - Toni Braxton - Guero

12 Soldier of Love - Sade - Erikills
13 Come Away With Me - Norah Jones -  Psycho

CRITIQUES + SCORES

(1/4)

@EriKills @Overprotected @Invisibility

EriKills - Tinashe

"PLAYER"

Spoiler

Yvess - EriKills - 9

Great song choice. This was a great song to perform to. I love the aura she projected in this performance, it made me feel like the vocals really blended well with the song and for that, I give you extra points. I can therefore conclude that you didn't come back to play. Great job Wildcard Queen! 

Image result for maja salvador gif

Kipper - EriKills - 8

8/10 A cute performance. Tinashe has the chops and TABS. Too bad she is cursed Irl :thing: Also LOVE this rendition better than the original. It is much more authentic

Speezy - EriKills - Tinashe - 8
Actually shook at the stripped version. Whew this is like an alternate version that needs to be released without X Brown. The vocals were shakey but overall decent

Sabbath: Erikills - Tinashe - 8:

I just realized that you got back both in here AND CG in the same week, what kinda witchcraft. Anyways, I really like the emotion on this song, idk if she wrote it based on personal experience but the way she sings it makes me believe every word. I enjoyed the vocals too. Good entry. Also, was the song new or sumn or why is no one singing along kii

Overprotected - Bjork

"ALL IS FULL OF LOVE"

Spoiler
Yvess - Overprotected - 8
Well, congrats for returning in the game btw! You slayed the wildcard round so I kinda expected you will slay me even more this time. The song is typical Bjork ofc where you need to listen more carefully. Her vocals reminds me of a younger Enya and I love that queen so you get some points for that. I like the overall performance esp the prolonged and sustained high notes, like she didnt want it to end
Image result for maja salvador gif wildflower
it is eerie at some point but i ended up liking it xo

Kipper - Overprotected - Bjork - 9

9/10 I really liked this. So soft and alluring. I LOVED her elongated high notes. So ethereal and eerie. WHEW. This is a performance that I would listen to over the studio version. It is just so captivating. JwrEukl.jpg?1

Sabbath: Overprotected - Björk - 6.5:

In the beginning her voice sounds very…fragile. There’s a difference between soft and fragile, and what I mean by that is that while she sounds good, her vocals don’t sound solid. However, once the long notes hit, they HIT. Overall, i think this is good, but nothing too impressive.

Element: Bjork - 8/10 -

Oh wow, that one big note snapped a bit! I quite enjoyed the atmosphere of this performance. It was very unique, as we’d expect from Bjork. At times, it was a bit monotonous, but I think she showed consistent vocals throughout and really elevated things towards the end tbh.  

Invisibility - Madonna

"LAMENT"

Spoiler
Yvess - Invisibility - 9
 I must agree with what you stated here, this is what you called maturity. This is a great choice. Short but sweet, how I wished there were more of it for me to watch

Kipper - Invisibility - Madonna - 9

9/10 I was really curious as to what you would send for Madonna and I was pleasantly surprised. This was amazing! It was like a play or sumn with the performance. It was like she was telling a story. Once again love the melodrama and theatrics of it all. Plus her voice was great!

Speezy - Invisibility – Madonna - 9
Oop, great improvement on the live vocals compared to the studio. I do love the stripped vocals better. The dept of her voice and belts live did this song JUSTICE.

Element: Invisibility - 7/10 -

From what you’ve sent here, I can tell that she has a strong vocal ability. However, I compare this back to the studio recording and I feel as if she did not elevate the original. She was missing the dynamic vulnerability… the light and shade. It just felt like 90 seconds of the same, forceful tone. Consistent notes and powerful vocals? Yes. But I would have liked to see something less jarring here.

xoxo

CRITIQUES + SCORES

(2/4)

@Solarie @Touch It @Psycho @Not Like The Movies

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

"ALICE"

Spoiler

Yvess - Solarie - 9

First off, props for sending in a song that really showcases Avril's vocal range. Alice is that type of song where you can really play with the pipes imo. A double-edged sword tbh coz the song is delicate to perform. With that being said, I feel like the video somehow showed what Avril can do with her voice. I know there were some pitchy parts so I somehow wished you sent in videos from her Budokan concert since there were many great gems in that concert. Good thing, I love this song to hell and she looks gorgeous in this era!

Kipper - Solarie - 9

9/10 Really really solid performance. I actually prefer this live performance over the studio version. :mandown: The studio version was kinda shouty and annoying, but the intimate vibe and rendition of this performance makes it better. Also she sounded juts as good/if not better than the original!

Speezy - Solarie - Avril Lavigne – 8
First ,whew a MAJOR improvement compared to the studio version. The stage was boring but her vocals were soo much better than what she recorded. It was much cleaner and contained way more emotion

Sabbath: Solarie - Avril Lavigne - 7

I didn’t remember this song and how much I like it :jonny:  I think for the most part, the verses sound quite alright, even if she struggles a bit with the deeper notes. My major problem comes with the choruses as they’re a little shout-y and pitchy when she hits the long notes, I wish this was done in a more gradual way instead of going 0-100 for that note. In contrast, some of my favorite moments come at the end of the chorus, when she sings “I won’t cry” and does the notes higher, she pulls them off really well. I feel like overall this is just fine, it feels a little lifeless and I’m not being convinced that she feels what she sings. 

Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae

"COLD WAR"

Spoiler

Yvess - Not Like The Movies - 10

SLAY US MAMA! There are many things I love from this performance but let me just point the main one, the showcase of vocal range in this video is super phenomenal. I love it! Kudos! This is one of your highlights in this game imo. Should I say it louder? :ahh: 

Related image

Kipper - Not Like The Movies

9.5/10 Whew this was great! She has such a stage presence and is a performer. I loved the extreme energy from the band and her dancing. The music video (not judging the vid) doesn't do the energy justice but she KILLS it in the live performance! Also the ending was CRAZY! So epic and extravagant and electric!fi1YoQN.jpg?1

Speezy - Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae – 7
Almost sounded exactly like the studio version. Her vocals were cute but the live instruments really casted a shadow over her vocals

Sabbath: Not Like the Movies - Janelle Monae - 9 :

Love the speech at the beginning, first of all. I really enjoy how her voice is both smooth but strong, she’s just THAT talented huh.  I also like that you went for such an upbeat song and it still reflects her talent very well. She’s giving me control, tone, presence, fun. Easily my fave entry from Team Elliement.

Psycho - Lady Gaga

"LUSH LIFE"

Spoiler
Yvess - Psycho - 9
Thank you for not sending in Pokerface again :eli: Well, Gaga showed us she can slay again another genre with her great vocals, ugh! She just seems to slay this game effortlessly! Did you ever flop in this game?! 
Related image

Kipper - Psycho - Lady Gaga - 10

10/10 Yes Godga :-* Ugh I can listen to her sing like this all day. Such a timeless voice when she sings songs like this. A true vocalist and artist. 

Speezy - Psycho - Lady Gaga – 8
This was real similar to the studio version. Both of them are organically sung and played so I cant complain. The singing was good but kinda on the emotionless side

Element: Psycho - 9/10 -

Screaming at some of her facial expressions in this aklsdjkl. Her vocal performance throughout was strong and I was thinking WOW this would have been such a cool show to see live because of the setting outdoors in Brussels tbh. My one complaint here is that sometimes it felt as if she was trying to be a bit too theatrical and it made some parts of the song overwrought, but overall, very good.

Touch It - Beyonce

"1+1"

Spoiler

Yvess - Touch It - 10

Miss Carter, you've done it again. This is a perfect example of a performance that you will get pleasure from watching from start til end because she just took us to a great adventure through this performance. The progression of vocal prowess as the song heads to the end is such a BIG SLAY! Maybe you snapped! Poor others, you don't have to snap this hard!

Related image

Kipper - Touch It - Beyonce - 10

10/10- Very compelling and emotional. Love it!! Beyonce has the vocals as we all know. Such a great performer and singer! She knows how to captivate the audience with every word she is singing. UnBEYlieveable   jCBPSoS.jpg?1

Sabbath: Touch It - Beyoncé - 9

Great runs, beautiful runs, that and the end really make the song great. Her tone is so beautiful throughout the song, damn. My only complaint is that while it is a very emotional song, I don’t get that much emotion in her voice in this particular performance. It's a great performance but not a perfect performance.

Element: Touch It - 9/10 -

As expected, Bey serves us very good vocals, and she does an excellent job of varying between lighter, softer notes and more powerful ones throughout. I wish there would have been a bit more intrigue in the first 75% of the performance, but she really served with the dramatique instrumentals and echoes during the final minute.

Coming God tier? :dancehall:

CRITIQUES + SCORES

(3/4)

@Guero @Black Canary @KatyCatPH

Guero - Ariana Grande

"GREEDY"

Spoiler

Yvess - Guero - 8

A risky choice, we love risks but will it pay off here? I guess you were trying to show that she can also show off great vocals too while performing bops. If so, I liked the idea. I feel like she performed well considering she is also doing some choreo, it might take away some opportunity for her to show her vocal prowess in some parts but it is nothing to be worried about (in my book)  Nevertheless, I can say the risk you took paid off especially you chose to go on a different route in this round.

Related image

Kipper - Guero - 7.5

7.5/10 Hmm Idk it seems she kind relied on the backtrack a lot. Like she barely sings the 2nd chorus:emofish: Also the majority is her doing adlibs and riffs and runs, But when she does sing it's a slay! And this performance made me stan this song :jamming:

Speezy - Guero - Ariana Grande – 6
This was really cute, but at the same time it was boring and some of the crowd shows it on their face. I know Ariana can bring a show without sacrificing her vocals, sadly this wasn’t the moment.

Sabbath: Guero  - Greedy - 6:

Shocked at Greedy of all songs kii. This is performance kind of a let down because she’s not singing the most interesting parts of the song (like the grEeEeEEedyyYyyYYyyYY oOOoooohHHh parts of the chorus most of the time) and she’s relying TOO much on the backing track. I feel like she sang maybe 50% of the song which is :skull: considering you got a girl who can sing like not many others and this round we’re focusing on live vocals. Also, idk if she was doing some sort of choreo before this song, but in the beginning she sounds so out of breath (it gets better after the first chorus at least). She got some nice runs here and there, and some great oh babys, beautiful oh babys during the song.  

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

"FEARLESS"

Spoiler
Yvess - KatyCatPH - 7.5
Kudos for sending in an explanation coz it made me appreciate more the energy she is showing in the performance, I love the pop-rock-country Taylor more than the sellout Taylor lately so this is a great choice! This is def not a vocal diva performance but I can say I enjoyed it.

Kipper - KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift - 8

8/10 I know you had slim pickings for miss taylor :mandown: This one was ok. For the most part it sounded as good as the studio version. But at times it was kinda pitchy, she seemed out of breath, and her voice is nasally :thing: However, I was able to listen to the whole thing and enjoy it as a whole. She did have good control over her voice and sounded the same through and through, which is great for a live performance. So it wasn't bad. Just meh.

Speezy - KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift -6
I do like the studio version better than the live. Her voice seems to better with the key on the studio version than the live. It just seemed like a water down version of the song sadly. But the extras were cute.

Element: KatyCatPH - 6/10 -

The atmosphere of this performance was pleasant enough, but it just felt very mediocre to me. Her vocals were consistent but unremarkable throughout, with some flat moments… like, if this were American Idol, she’d be heading for an eighth place finish. Compared to the studio version, she did a solid job, but I don’t know if this was the best choice to show off her vocal ability. 

Boys - Britney Spears

"DON'T LET ME BE THE LAST TO KNOW"

Spoiler

Yvess - Black Canary - 7

Song choice is good since it is a ballad which can showcase her vocal pipes if she has one. But in this video, she is struggling with her vocals. I tried to look at the silver lining of this performance though and I can say that she looks so gorgeous her, she truly has the B in TABS. I also enjoyed the sincerity of her aura in this performance, I somehow made myself believe that her vocal flops in this video was due to her emotions. I still believe that Britney has the voice, it is just that that performance is not yet submitted in the game so far.  I can say, good job for trying to send in a decent entry.

Kipper - Boys - Britney Spears - 7.5

7.5/10 The voice crack when she says Hawaii :dies: I think that was kinda an indicator of how the performance was gonna go :mandown:Like she didn't have complete control of her voice and kinda struggled at times. The beginning was a lil rough and she kept pausing and sang so low. :thing: However, when she finally got there it was great! It was a great rendition of the song and still enjoyable. I think she finished strong!

Sabbath: Black Canary - Britney Spears - 5:

She looks so young omg. I mean, we all know Britney is not a live performer and it shows: at different points her voice is very shaky and it sounds like she’s choking, and at some others it just sounds very flat. However, there’s a certain innocence in the performance + the emotion she displays while singing it that makes it better. She might not have the pipes, but she got the emotion right.

Element: Boys - 5/10

- Okay, let’s start with the positives. She has a very cute personality and so do U! I’m sure you did some digging to find a decent vocal performance here, and it wasn’t… an absolute disaster... but it was pretty rough. I can’t really justify giving it a much higher score than I have based on our rating scale. 

guess the Boys vs Bey saga is soon to end :emofish:

CRITIQUES + SCORES

(4/4)

@Queen Conchita @PinkBox @kiiwii

Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst

"WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD MEN GONE"

Spoiler

Yvess - Queen Conchita - 10

SLAY! I love the flavor, the sass and the attitude in this performance by Miss Wurst. I love that you also took a risk coz we all know Conchita's great vocals can be seen in ha anthemic ballads but you went with this strong performance instead. Kudos for proving us you're not a filler queen!

Related image

Kipper - Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst - 9

9/10 Solid TABS. Reminds me a bit of Adam Lambert. But both can SANG. :clap3:

Sabbath: Queen Conchita - Conchita - 8:

I love this version! I’m living for all the personality she injected into this performance, it really elevates the song. The sassiness in it also makes me believe she really feels what she’s singing, also when she finds an answer to her question, Conchita better let us KNOW!  Very good entry.

Element: Queen Conchita - 8/10 -

Good vocals that range between powerful and subtle. It holds up with the studio recording. There were a few times where Conchita verges on unpleasant screaming, but I really appreciate you sending a more upbeat song with personality here, instead of a safe ballad.

kiiwii - Katy Perry

"UNCONDITIONALLY"

Spoiler

Yvess - Kiiwii - 8.5

I am a sucker for Katy's ballads and aside from ToY, Uncle is one of her ballads that I truly enjoy. I think the performance was good and I was waiting for her to break her voice in the middle to end but it didn't seem to happen. This is a good choice knowing Katy's not a great vocalist.

Kipper - kiiwii - 8.5

8.5/10 Ok so this is like the 1 Katy Perry song that I hate :dancehall3: So I wasn't looking forward to this. However, I was pleasantly surprised! In the original I hate when she blares "UNCONDITIONAL. UNCONDITIONALLY" :emofish:But thankfully in the liev performance that was softer on the ears. This performance was pretty pitch perfect for Katy and she KILLED the bridge and the bitch knew it by smiling. I was really happy with it and it brought back good memories of when I used to stan her :katie2:Katy can actually sing!

Speezy - kiiwii - Katy Perry - 10
A SHOW & VOCALS  APPEARED :jonny: .
There is much more vocals and raw emotion to it live than the studio recording. The recorded track is vocal heavy enough but the live performance of it was holy

Sabbath: kiiwii - Katy Perry - 5 :

Contrary to the Avril critique, my biggest complaint here are the verses: it feels like she’s running out of breath after every word. On the studio version, while you can hear the pauses between them, it still sounds seamless but here, it’s a little off putting. Unfortunately, this also suffers from the same thing I criticized Avril for: the higher notes not being tackled well enough. Katy is not known for having big vocals so I think you should’ve gone a different route here, ‘cause the moments she tries to sing the higher/longer notes should be the highlights and not the grating parts of the song. I think the best part of the song was when she took the mic and started moving around without the mic stand.

Pinkbox - Celine Dion

"I SURRENDER"

Spoiler

Yvess - Pinkbox - 10

How can I score this low? This song was performed by many singing contest aspirants and I feel like this is a template performance from them which means your artist truly showed vocal excellence in this song. I love it, the sustained notes and Miss Celine performed with such bravura in this video, I am slayed. You deserve a treat from me!

Kipper - Pinkbox - Celine Dion - 10

10/10 fi1YoQN.jpg?1 The vocals. fi1YoQN.jpg?1 The melodrama fi1YoQN.jpg?1 The theatrics fi1YoQN.jpg?1 The TABS fi1YoQN.jpg?1

Speezy - Pinkbox - Celine Dion -10
BITCH 3:17 :jonny:  I’ve decided to stan because the Studio version had a similar belt but not as long and not as good. And the stage performance was on point. #wig  

Element: PinkBox - 10/10 -

Exquisite vocals. As a side note, I loved the staging of this performance. It was simple yet dramatic, and complimented the song perfectly.

5 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

Poor Britney

even my paula abdul scoring didnt help :'( 

1 minute ago, Yvess said:

Yvess - Pinkbox - 10

How can I score this low? This song was performed by many singing contest aspirants and I feel like this is a template performance from them which means your artist truly showed vocal excellence in this song. I love it, the sustained notes and Miss Celine performed with such bravura in this video, I am slayed. You deserve a treat from me!

Kipper - Pinkbox - Celine Dion - 10

10/10 fi1YoQN.jpg?1 The vocals. fi1YoQN.jpg?1 The melodrama fi1YoQN.jpg?1 The theatrics fi1YoQN.jpg?1 The TABS fi1YoQN.jpg?1

Speezy - Pinkbox - Celine Dion -10
BITCH 3:17 :jonny:  I’ve decided to stan because the Studio version had a similar belt but not as long and not as good. And the stage performance was on point. #wig  

Element: PinkBox - 10/10 -

Exquisite vocals. As a side note, I loved the staging of this performance. It was simple yet dramatic, and complimented the song perfectly.

TALENT TALENT TALENT TALENT!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.