Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

Just now, PinkBox said:

Ma'am pls I'm not in team Speezy anymore 

excuse her it’s been a while

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

LMx6jaI.jpg

@Element's CRITIQUES

TEAM SABBATH

Mentor: @Sabbath

Members: @KatyCatPH  @Psycho @thecptz @Alena @PinkBox

4d8qbhs73vzj.png

BATTLE 1: Any Era of your Choice 

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

latest?cb=20181123035546

Anti

Spoiler

Element: Battle 1 - KatyCatPH

I have never seen this photoshoot before and I am very impressed seeing this side of Taylor! The styling is done very well and she looks great. I’m trying to buy into your concept of “anti” and I get it, but I wonder if there could have been some other terms that more effectively summarized the aesthetics and overall mood. I understand that Taylor had been a “good girl” earlier in her career, but there have been plenty of songs, videos, and media exposition that contradict that narrative, so your core concept doesn’t hold as much weight as it could have. Nevertheless, this is one of the strongest entries of the round. 

BATTLE 2: Debut Era/Second Era/Third Era

Alena - Selena Gomez

290423fb935350f35bc6ed1d6911f065.jpg

Classic Hollywood Beauty

Spoiler

Element: Battle 2 - Alena

This entry feels a bit color by number to me. Yes, she is dressed up as a “classic Hollywood beauty” in a couple photos... but what else? What more could she have served here for us? The black and white images are phenomenal in complementing her appearance, but the two color photos throw off the cohesiveness for me. You could have done something like “Through the Decades” and explained how she represented the 20s, 30s, 50s, etc. Throw in some pics from the 60s, 70s, or 80s too if she had them and you’d have a top entry this round.  

BATTLE 3: Second Era/Third Era/Fourth Era

Pinkbox - Celine Dion

Related image

SEDUCTION

Spoiler

Element: Battle 3 - PinkBox

- I like what you did with your explanation, because I was really doubtful of the entry at first. You definitely tied it together with a storyline. Would I say that I’m getting SEDUCTION from some of these images? Not really. #3, def yes. Maybe a little in the first picture, although she looks a tad constipated nnn. #2 seems to be more like longing and #4 serves me joy. So, overall, your explanation helps your score quite a bit here, but I think you could have played with some other concept titles. 

BATTLE 4: Third Era/Fourth Era/Fifth Era

Psycho - Lady Gaga

latest?cb=20190523161757

ALIEN

Spoiler

Element: Battle 4 - Psycho

Hm. Yes. I see “alien” vibes throughout the entire shoot, and I think that it’s probably a better term to classify the slimy concept than “experimental” was for Conchita. Every image has interesting angles and shapes involved, although some photos are stronger than others in pushing the concept. I really like the geometric orb in photo #2 and the reflective hat in the final photo. She looks pretty good here too. 

BATTLE 5: Any Era of your Choice

thecptz - Kacey Musgraves

kacey-mugraves-golden-hour-interview.jpg

Daydreaming

Spoiler

Element: Battle 5 - thecptz

Cute and pretty cohesive for your theme! Again, I don’t know how much of a theme this is vs. just kind of forcing a word in. I imagine that Kacey is not serving too many high-art concepts in her photoshoots, so this is a solid entry if not lacking a bit of uniqueness. She captures the “daydreaming” concept through her off-center stares and looks stunning. The black and white photo was unnecessary though tbh. You could have cut it.

BATTLE 6: Any Era of your Choice

Sabbath - Lorde

1122951.jpg

Force of Nature

Spoiler

Element: Battle 6 - Sabbath

I think there’s a decent chance that you will win this battle. The overall concept is solid, and the images avoid becoming a stereotypical “glamour shoot”. The pink blossom photo is absolutely the standout for me here due to her interaction with the elements. I also like the photo with the bike because of that clash between nature and modernity. The mattress one is cute, but lacks the interaction with nature I would have loved to see. And the weakest link is the dead wood one… like she’s just kind of standing there serving no expression lol. But good job overall!

xoxo

Just now, Boys said:

Suddenly I'm team @Sabbath **** @PinkBox

Glad we have a judge with some SENSE and knows ha HERSTORY :clap3:

She may know her herstory, but I LIVED through it, the disrespect smh 

10 minutes ago, Yvess said:

I definitely see the “experimental” side on this as it’s not the typical photoshoot. I like this quite a lot actually and it’s a side of Conchita we haven’t seen before so props to that! My only complaint would be the description since it’s not “radically new or innovative”.

RE the description I meant it was experimental & radically new for conchita, hence why I put it as the buzzword for my entry. thank you though :heart2:

5 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Ma'am pls I'm not in team Speezy anymore 

fixed granny x

4 minutes ago, Guero said:

excuse her it’s been a while

right...i waited for critiques like 3-4 days so i feel like new to thios again hahaha

3 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

She may know her herstory, but I LIVED through it, the disrespect smh 

Gurl just because you were here here in the land before time don't mean you are gonna get any special treatment

LMx6jaI.jpg

@Element's CRITIQUES

TEAM SPEEZY

Mentor: @Speezy

Members: @Loyalty @Touch It @Boys @Queen Conchita

yqd62oje8val.png

BATTLE 1Any Era of your Choice

Queen Conchita - Conchita Wurst

2njbvqd.jpg

EXPERIMENTAL

Spoiler

Element: Battle 1 - Queen Conchita

This is interesting. The set of photos is definitely cohesive and while they do accentuate some of Conchita’s physicality, the slime masks his features completely. It makes me think threesome with Shrek and Fiona. I don’t really know if your concept is so much a ~concept~ as it is you just trying to throw a word to these images quickly. I actually think if your explanation went into a science-related angle here, it would have been a bit stronger overall. 

BATTLE 2: Debut Era/Second Era/Third Era

Boys - Britney Spears

normal_esimineseksikam_(3).jpg

IMMORAL

Spoiler

Element: Battle 2 - Boys

I do like this entry but I don’t feel extremely drawn to it either. Your choice in the concept title is good. I think that immoral is a fairly strong term to describe everything, driven home with your explanation of how this photoshoot really made waves with parents at the time. It’s very interesting to see the generation gap here because I don’t think this would turn as many heads in 2019. One strong point throughout the photos is that they created a child-like environment to contrast with her “promiscuity”... trophies, teletubbies, bicycles, dolls, etc. While the images do not follow a cohesive palette or background, this theme serves to unite and does so fairly well.  

BATTLE 3: Second Era/Third Era/Fourth Era

Touch It - Beyonce

Image result for beyonce bday photoshoot

B'Day: Country Realness

Spoiler

Element: Battle 3 - Touch It

Y’all really think you can stick Beyoncé on a pick-up truck and call it COUNTRY? I’m screaming. None of her outfits, hair, accessories, makeup are giving me country realness. A couple of corn stalks can only get your score so far. I will say that it is a beautiful set of photos, however, and a cohesive shoot if not a bit vapid.

Loyalty - Christina Aguilera

COAm9A2UkAAWJZa.jpg

Fashion

Spoiler

Element: Battle 4 - Loyalty

Loyalty, hun. Ugh. Did Christina really not have anything more dynamic in her twenty year career? This is unfortunately one of the weakest concepts of the round. She looks pretty good in the shoot, but what were they doing with her eyebrows?? I wish that the clothing was more cohesive too. I think that could have brought your score up a bit, but yeah, I’m unfortunately disappointed. I would have thought Xtina could have wow’d us with something artsy.

Touch It - Beyonce

beyonce-maternity-shoot.jpg

Goddess of Maternity

Spoiler

Element: Battle 5 - Touch It

Now THIS is a concept. The photo of her upside down is really a standout here, and I love how all of the pictures are unified with a consistent, vibrant color palette. She looks very naturally beautiful here, and Blue Ivy’s cameo is a fantastic addition. Your explanation was very well done and elevates everything to a transcendent echelon, glistening with history and mythological symbolism. Bravo.

BATTLE 6: Any Era of your Choice

Speezy - Jordin Sparks

e6a10c23317f05c45d38aac2fc8756e8--famous

Right Here, Right Now

Spoiler

Element: Battle 6 - Speezy

It’s so weird to judge my fellow mentors! I think this was a really hard round for all of us. Can’t wait to keep getting dragged by the other judges this round! My main comment here is that I don’t really understand what your unifying concept is. Is it the era name? Is it rising above adversity? Is it the real Jordin? I don’t see these concepts bursting through the photos, except for maybe the beautiful water photo. She looks good in each but I don’t really feel as if this set of photos belongs together. Your explanation helps a bit and I appreciate your creativity there. I think you did the best you could because Jordin is not really known for her avant garde side.  

xoxo

1 minute ago, Boys said:

I don't think I've had to drag @Element yet I hope we can keep it that way

You've ignored me even when I praise you 

You will drag me tonight

Well im getting good critiques on the battle that is being counted so im happy :smitten2: I worked hard on that one :party:

sbnpo5k.gif

@Speezy's CRITIQUES

TEAM SABBATH

Mentor: @Sabbath

Members: @KatyCatPH  @Psycho @thecptz @Alena @PinkBox

4d8qbhs73vzj.png

KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift

latest?cb=20181123035546

Anti

Spoiler

Speezy: KatyCatPH - Taylor Swift 
I was not expecting this from Taylor and I’m shook. I do appreciate the edgy look as your explanation brought up but in the first two shots it seems forced.[ Sorta like 1 or 2 tracks on the album] The last photo seems to serve a bit of calm and  nondark vibe.

BATTLE 2: Debut Era/Second Era/Third Era

Alena - Selena Gomez

290423fb935350f35bc6ed1d6911f065.jpg

Classic Hollywood Beauty

Spoiler

Speezy: Alena - Selena Gomez
Nice homeage to the oldschool looks. It looks like she had fun in her photoshoot and I can tell by her by her smile and face. Its simple, beautiful and effective at the same time.

BATTLE 3: Second Era/Third Era/Fourth Era

Pinkbox - Celine Dion

Related image

SEDUCTION

Spoiler

Speezy: Pinkbox - Celine Dion
Its cute but I don’t get seduction from this. The mirror shot was realing boring and out of place-ish The one with her in the chair is my favorite from your shot

Psycho - Lady Gaga

latest?cb=20190523161757

ALIEN

Spoiler

Speezy Psycho - Lady Gaga 
What on earth was the first one. Well this is true to the title and somewhat cohesive looks/shots. This entire era was controversial but its good unique kind of controversy.

thecptz - Kacey Musgraves

kacey-mugraves-golden-hour-interview.jpg

Daydreaming

Spoiler

Speezy: thecptz - Kacey Musgraves
Its cute, and I love the colors in the photo. But a description or explanation could’ve improved your score. I like the grayscale one the most

Sabbath - Lorde

1122951.jpg

Force of Nature

Spoiler

Speezy: Sabbath – Lorde 
Come through mother nature , give us BIRTH. It Is very heartwarming to look at her being free in the nature. Never knew Lorde was capable of this

xoxo

sbnpo5k.gif

@Speezy's CRITIQUES

TEAM ELEMENT

Mentor: @Element

Members: @Solarie @Not Like The Movies @kiiwii @Guero 

rkkzaqvaw5x9.png

Solarie - Avril Lavigne

head-above-water.jpg

Head Above Water

Spoiler

Speezy: Solarie - Avril Lavigne 
Lowkey stanning. Honestly this is the best set of photos from your team. She looks like a nice mermaid. Also your description is very effective

BATTLE 2: Debut Era/Second Era/Third Era

kiiwii - Katy Perry

KatyPerry_OneOfTheBo-1-gthumb-gwdata1200
NEIGHBOR

Spoiler

Speezy: kiiwii - Katy Perry 
Your description helped I love the props and she looks stunning but something about the whole photoshoot seems artificial. Maybe the lighting 

BATTLE 3:  Second Era/Third Era/Fourth Era

Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae

bb27-beat-janelle-monae-7zb-2016-billboa

Tribute to a Rock Legend

Spoiler

Speezy: Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae 
This is borderline basic imo.  I know she is paying tribute but I felt like props like a guitar or her on the stage could’ve better portray your description  

BATTLE 4:  Third Era/Fourth Era/Fifth Era 

Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae

Jordan35-768x999.jpg

Mystery

Spoiler

Speezy : Not Like The Movies - Janelle Monae 
I do like this better than battle 3. Its more cohesive and it looks like it can tell a story even without the explanation 

Guero - Ariana Grande

ariana-grande-no-tears-left-to-cry-photo

"HEALING"

Spoiler

Speezy: Guero - Ariana Grande 
It suffers from what Jordin’s suffer. Its just a cute pose with nice effects. Its not bad. I agree with the first half of your story too. The girl went through almost all the emotions within a year.

Element - Ellie Goulding

d5d21545303013.582c3288ef527.jpg

"Melancholia"

Spoiler

Speezy: Element - Ellie Goulding 
Wow I guess we were contestants this round. Your description was better than the photos. Don’t worry Jordin served basic too. Theres nothing really stellar about this shoot. A full body shot would’ve worked

xoxo

30 minutes ago, Boys said:

Suddenly I'm team @Sabbath **** @PinkBox

Glad we have a judge with some SENSE and knows ha HERSTORY :clap3:

i'm glad you saw the LIGHT bb :clap3:

30 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Element: Battle 6 - Sabbath

I think there’s a decent chance that you will win this battle.

20 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Speezy: Sabbath – Lorde 
Come through mother nature , give us BIRTH. It Is very heartwarming to look at her being free in the nature. Never knew Lorde was capable of this

the critical ACCLAIM, truly TABSBATH :jonny5: 

Not "Strong Jaw Ellie Goulding" :bibliahh:

WlWt0gT.png

Inch resting, dunno which team will win :mandown: Kii if it's 2-2-2

thanks element :heart2: and speezy :)

did I win yet 

2 hours ago, Bey_Rihstan said:

Bndndjdjjx

i sent hun, did u not get it? 

There's none sis.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.