Ultimate TABS S1 : The Ultimate TABS is BEYONCE (Touch It)

Yvess

• Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yvess

• Sabbath

• PinkBox

• thecptz

Top Posters In This Topic

This photo :jonny5:

bjork-2011-biophilia-inez-vinoodh-mmpari

I am starting official campaign for myself to be considered by @Yvess for a role of a mentor/judge for the next edition, whenever it happens.

I promise to be FAST and objective.

18eY.gif

#SolarieForAMentor #SolarieForAJude

44 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

This photo :jonny5:

bjork-2011-biophilia-inez-vinoodh-mmpari

The other girls aren't doing it :jonny:

@Yvess should get unemployed gerls for next season... i'm sure that's what @Sabbath kept in mind for The Color Game when selecting his judging panel. 

might i suggest my faves? 

:weeps:

8 hours ago, Guero said:

might i suggest my faves?  

go ahead x lol

let me judge my own team and let's use your scores and mine and call it a day tbh x

what fatlement and spizza deserve x

23 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

let me judge my own team and let's use your scores and mine and call it a day tbh x

what fatlement and spizza deserve x

Speezy submitted tho

Can someone ghost write Element's critiques please, preferably someone with taste

qIfhZaW.gif

12 minutes ago, Guero said:

Speezy submitted tho

can yall bully your mentor or sum

3 minutes ago, Overprotected said:

Can someone ghost write Element's critiques please, preferably someone with taste

qIfhZaW.gif

omw!

qOkDyQ4.gif

58 minutes ago, Sabbath said:

can yall bully your mentor or sum

he has to be here for me to bully him 

4 minutes ago, Guero said:

he has to be here for me to bully him 

calling child services for abandonment 

some of y'all really thought you were serving something with these choices huh?

a TEN MINUTE video? 

giphy.gif

:ahh: yaaas element is alive! :-*

@Sabbath's Critiques

qIfhZaW.gif

"DAY/NIGHT"

TEAM SPEEZY

Mentor: @Speezy

Members: @Overprotected@Black Canary:@Touch It @Queen Conchita 

Spoiler

Sabbath: Queen Conchita 

Photo: - Ma’am how is this day or light? This is moody and dark and low-key scary AF. The setting is SCARY, the lightning is SCARY, the ****ing pose is SCARY AF. What is going on? I feel like you said you wanted to get dark to use this but ended up using it anyways and writing something so it fit, but it just………..doesn’t.

Video:  - Ma’am how is this day or light? [2] I mean it’s from the same damn thing, I-. I know you’ve been wanting to use this song but this was DEFINITELY NOT the time. There’s absolutely nothing in here that would tell me the concept behind this is “light” and if you expect me to believe that description, you’re wrong. Even the music itself is dark and moody TF. This might be the biggest misstep in the entire competition. Who allowed this ‘cause I know damn well it wasn’t Speezy.

Sabbath: Black Canary

Photo: - Honestly I liked this photo better before I read the description. The smirk on her face and the flames around her paired with the leotard made it all look very……hell-ish and I liked that, it did look like a dark photoshoot. The description kinda took away from it since it painted it in such a positive light.

Video: Yeah, I think this was a very well chosen pick. The vibe of the whole video IS very dark, I kinda feel like it even feels Halloween-esque. Even the song itself is very moody. Slé.

Sabbath: Touch It 

Photo: - Eh, sure it was taken during daytime but besides that there’s nothing interesting going on. The outfit is a mess, and her expression is too strong for “lightness”. Idk, it’s not a bad picture but it’s so bland.

Video: The sets are gorgeous, specially the waterfall one, whew. The video is great. I just wish it didn’t have such a serious vibe and was a little more playful. 

Sabbath: Overprotected 

Photo:  I like this. I love how everything is so over the top, from the hair, to the outfit. It’s not as dark as other entries, but it works.

Video: You REALLY had me sitting thru a 10 min video? With my poor attention span? And that ratio aspect? the NERVE! Anyways, it really paid off, the entire video is very eerie, the locations and her expressions really sell it (without taking the music into account, which also make it dark). The last part in the mountains give it a lighter vibe, kinda like “the light at the end of the tunnel” tho. I wanted to say it feels like art and I read in the description that it was actually commissioned by the MoMA, whew, Ga wishes!!!!! jk.

TEAM ELEMENT

Mentor: @Element

Members: @Solarie @kiiwii @Guero @EriKills

Spoiler

Sabbath: Solarie 

Photo: - Absolutely. The pose, the styling, the mood, everything about this says “dark”. Perfect!

Video: - She’s driving a hearse!!!!! Literally that’s the first thing we see, how darker can we get omg and then she’s in a coffin, WEEEEEE-. This is just great. I love her solo scenes in the forest, some of them with the piano remind me a little bit of Evanescence. This hits the right mark in every way, the sets, the outfits, the coloring, everything is just DARK. My favorite entry of yours by far. Poor that photo you sent like a month ago with the purple smoke. If someone doesn’t give this a 5, I literally don’t know what they were expecting from this round. At times it could get a little cheesy I’m not gonna lie, but it’s just so well put together and fits the round so well, that you can overlook that.

Sabbath: kiiwii 

Photo:  I’ve never seen this pic before and I like it a lot. I love how it’s telling a story and it fits with what we were looking for for “dark”

Video: Not loving this choice tbh. Half of it might be set in the night but it feels to fairytale-esque and dreamy for a true “dark” video. The scenes in the garden don’t help either.

Sabbath: Guero 

Photo: SIS :bibliahh: serving graphic design is my passion kii did Element approve this? I mean, it’s a dark photo…….’cause the lightning is absolutely AWFUL. I’m just… speechless. 

Video:  Now this is a better choice. Not only because the setting is obviously dark/night time but the entire video FEELS dark, especially accompanied by the Pharrell production, I just wish there was more substance to it. 

Sabbath: EriKills 

Photo: CREAMING at the description. I…..respect your decision of going for a different approach and taking a risk, but her expression doesn’t give me hope AT ALL. The photo is okay, not too interesting, not too bad. I wish the explanation was different if you were trying to be conceptual, of course we are drawn to the light and not the rest of her body, that’s how photography works ma’am. 

Video:  Good entry. It gives me the fun and playfulness I expect from a “day/light” entry, even during the night scenes you still get that lighthearted vibe.

@Element's Critiques

LMx6jaI.jpg

"DAY/NIGHT"

TEAM SABBATH

Mentor: @Sabbath

Members: @KatyCatPH  @Psycho@PinkBox @Invisibility

Spoiler

Element: Queen Conchita 

Photo Score:  lmfao what in the billie eilish video is this. Looking straight out of Pompeii. I think it gets the point across well enough… the contortion of the body makes me think of a ~creature lurking in the night~ which is probably the strongest element here. Omg wait this is supposed to be an entry for DAY? I wrote up this whole damn critique. Girl. Okay. I read your explanation, and I appreciate the unique concept that you’re going for here (it almost makes me extrapolate the idea of a night-time creature getting caught in the morning?), but overall I really am not feeling this picture for the day theme. 

Video Score:ALRIGHT, so carrying your concept over… I honestly watched this video and the eerie green glow and emptiness of the subway makes me think about 9 hours before the morning commute. Like solidly in the middle of the night. I will give you some points for the amount of light fixtures in the video and for your creativity, but this entry was such a reach.

Element: Boys  

Photo Score: I think the Vegas Strip is a very iconic setting, especially during the night time with all of the bright lights and signs flashing. On a base level, you get the theme across, but the color palette is extremely bright for a photo that is supposed to represent darkness. I understand your explanation and what you were going for, though… btw that was full of superfluous information. 

Video Score: Very strong video choice. This embodies an energy of the sensuality and drama that happens “after hours”... The colors/lighting (despite being very bright at times) still supports the overall theme. They did a great job with this concept tbh. 

Element: Touch It 

Photo Score:  Good photo choice. I especially like the vibrancy of her clothing…. Lighting is a bit dim (it seems to be a cloudy day?)

Video Score: i’ve been meaning to listen to the top 98 hit Spirit for a few weeks now, so thank you for giving me that opportunity. While the song is not amazing, the video is WOW. You truly got lucky that this challenge happened a few days after the release of this music video, because this is an incredible display of the “day” theme. I love how it goes from sunrise to sunset. I love the vitality that is pulsating throughout the video… whether it is nature, dancing, or other forms of movement, the entire 4.5 minutes just exudes life and light. Excellent, vibrant costumes too. Wish I could give more than 5 points tbh

Element: Bjork -

Photo Score: - Exquisite! Queen of the cosmos is right.

Video Score: The things I do for this game. Watching a ten minute music video with strobe-like distortion? Yvess, this was NOT in my contract! Visually, this was a very stunning video, and I think there were enough dark/night scenes throughout to drive home her emotions, lyrics, and the theme of this round. I would have loved to see a bit more diversity in the scenes to take this to the highest scoring level, but this submission as a whole is your best of the competition by far.

TEAM SPEEZY

Members: @Overprotected@Black Canary:@Touch It @Queen Conchita 

Spoiler

Element: KatyCatPH 

Photo Score:  Very cute, very preppy. I feel like this is a safe choice that could have had some more interesting lighting or natural elements. 

Video Score:  Another good option that checks the boxes for your theme. I liked the different sources of light throughout the video (including the sun, the LEDs, etc)... and the energy throughout was very cheerful and fun. 

Element: PinkBox 

Photo Score: Serving 3rd grade communion class textbook cover! This picture is so ethereal and just gives me all the warmth I would expect out of daybreak.

Video Score: They looked like they had a lot of fun shooting this video. I think the energy and activity throughout absolutely serve ~daytime~ so this was a good pick

Element: Psycho 

Photo Score:  Hmm, this picture is just okay for me. I definitely see the darker angle here, especially with her wig and makeup... but I think this photo relies too heavily on the black and white colorization, when more of a night theme could have been integrated holistically. 

Video Score:  ANOTHER LONG VIDEO. Y’all this is why it takes me a damn week to judge lmao. Anyways, this is the best night video that I’ve judged tonight. Really hits all the marks for me.

Element: Invisibility 

Photo Score:  Mmmmm yes. Overall, this works. It doesn’t have that extra, nature-oriented punch that I would have loved to see (and take it to a perfect score), but I think it’s one of the strongest pictures. 

Video Score:  This is another recent video event that I haven’t had the chance to watch yet… it’s very intense and discomforting. I absolutely agree that darkness and evil take a big portion of this video. I’m so conflicted because there are so many moments of bright color and fun contrasting with the horrors that occur, but overall I think it’s important to recognize how evil can lurk in those moments of joy, threatening to take them away… so yes, you accomplished the goal.

xo

@Speezy's Critiques

sbnpo5k.gif

"DAY/NIGHT"

TEAM ELEMENT

Spoiler

Speezy: Solarie
First the photo is pretty good. The filter helped a lot.
The song & video matched amazing with dark and night theme. I love the thorns and graveyard scenes.

Speezy: kiiwii
I love the approach you took on this honestly. The video was good for the Dark thoughts humans are known for but the video has a lot of positive/light aspects in it towards the end of the video.
The photo could be better, but I understand what you were hinting at. 

Speezy: Guero
BITCH YOU SNATCHED :jonny: The photo is the epitome of night sky and its very beautiful. The video and song hints at the characteristics of the “darkness”. Well done

Speezy: EriKills 
YAS SUPERLOVE! A cute fun video. The photo on the other hand was not the tea, I love the light in the darkness you were hinting out but I believe they were better photos out there

TEAM SABBATH

Spoiler

Speezy: KatyCatPH 
This is a fun video tbh. It gives off light and day vibes from the fun and being around your friends. You can feel the feeling through the video and song. There is some night vibes given in the video
The photo is very City-like day time

Speezy: Pinkbox 
I love the photo a lot, seems very peaceful and relaxing
Nothing like sweaty moist men gathered around you outside on a summer day. I stan a bit. But some of these activities can be done at night

Speezy: Psycho

Wow Alejandro is still that bop, I could barely finish my critiques cause I was stuck on it. The photo is real basic and does not give me the NIGHT/DARK vibes I need. The music video is the epitome of summoning Satan in your room @ 12:00 am

Speezy: Invisibility
The photo does give off night vibes but as a whole the photo represents Sex-Play/Domanatrix/Fetsihes. 
The music video was very cute, kinda basic too. A club scene which is done at night

xo

Edited by Yvess

55 minutes ago, Yvess said:

Nothing like sweaty moist men gathered around you outside on a summer day. I stan a bit. But some of these activities can be done at night

asdfgjkl goodbye  :bibliahh:

@Sempiternal's Critiques

we1rXZn.png

"DAY/NIGHT"

TEAM SABBATH

Spoiler

(Sempiternal ): (KatyCatPH) 

Photo Score:  - (this is adorable photo of her, bright colours, bright background! It works )

Video Score:  - (naw cute choice. :)

(Sempiternal ): (Pinkbox) 

Photo Score: (I like this photo, looks like she's laying in heaven which fits well with the light round. )

Video Score:  - (very bright and cheerful video, this is adorable)

(Sempiternal ): (Psycho) 

Photo Score: - (one of my favourite eras and photos of her! I miss goth dark queen gaga. )

Video Score:- (I admit I always like the story behide this video. Good choice)

(Sempiternal ): (Invisibility) 

Photo Score: - (I like this photo. It's art right there )

Video Score: - (frozen would of been the better choice but you took the risk and thought outside the box so I like that).

TEAM ELEMENT

Spoiler

(Sempiternal): (Solarie)

Photo Score: I love this photo of her, I see the darkness and emotion just in this picture alone.

Video Score:  ooo the new music video, honestly even though this is the 2nd time watching this. I can see it fitting the theme  :) gives me those chills.

(Sempiternal ): (Kiiwii)

Photo Score: - (darn this photo gives me chills, never seen it before but it is very dark indeed. It works. Well done)

Video Score: - (This video is cute and fits the theme in so many ways, she needs more videos like this, she suits it.)

(Sempiternal ): (Guero) 

Photo Score:  (sis, this is cute but she has many more better photos for this dark theme, I mean sure there is a space theme about it but it's just not a good picture.)

Video Score: (as much as this video was forgetful it does give me the dark theme tease. Sadly it's just boring but it's dark paced so points for that.)

(Sempiternal ): (Erikills) 

Photo Score: (beautiful natural photo coming from tinashe and I adore the description you added too x)

Video Score:- (eh just looks like another beachy video to me but I can see the light part. it's a summer, daylight kinda video. Nothing oringal tho..basic)

TEAM SPEEZY

Members: @Overprotected@Black Canary:@Touch It @Queen Conchita 

Spoiler

(Sempiternal ): (QC) 

Photo Score: ( a little creepy but it's a risk taker..it's something I haven't seen in this game yet )

Video Score: (I understand it's fits with the photo the I don't feel the video. )

(Sempiternal ): (Boys) 

Photo Score:  (stunning photo but I don't really see it fitting the theme at all.  )

Video Score: - (actually for the video I like the description you put. Which gives you points :))

(Sempiternal ): (Touch It)

Photo Score: (I really love this photo..I can see the bright positive in this photo. )

Video Score:  (This video is beauitful, I never seen it till now but it suits the theme beauituly. My fave entry this round.)

(Sempiternal ): (Overprotected) 

Photo Score: - (This photo works. Bjork outdid herself here. I love it. )

Video Score: - (great video, fits the theme, even has a dark name..)

xoxo

Edited by Yvess

:bibliahh:the lashings I had nothing else i had to get creative

Mixed-to-positive critiques but I'll take them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.