Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

Constance Wu on FOTB renewal: "****ing Hell" ,"So Upset"

112 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Actors are usually overjoyed when their shows are renewed, but Fresh Off the Boat star Constance Wu had a very different reaction.

"So upset right now that I'm literally crying. Ugh. ****," she tweeted Friday afternoon, followed by "****ing hell" less than an hour after ABC announced that the family comedy was returning for a sixth season. When another Twitter user congratulated her on the renewal, calling it "great news," she replied, "No it's not."

The actress also made her feelings clear on the series' Instagram post about its renewal, commenting with a single word: "Dislike."

screen_shot_2019-05-10_at_2.49.43_pm_cop

instagram.jpg

Read more: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/constance-wu-tweets-fresh-boat-renewal-dislike-1209752

Then ****ing quit. Ungrateful bitch

Don’t blame her. Been a fan of the show but it hasn’t aged well and ratings haven’t been great. Should have ended it this season. It’s time for new and exciting roles for her.

Constance sis, don’t pull a Katherine Heigl. :rip:

Posted (edited)

Is it because she wants to move on to films full-time or is there other drama I just don’t know about? On the bright side, that’s hundreds of people that didn’t suddenly lose their employment.

Ungrateful biotch. The cast is happy and getting coins and she over here b**chin. You were on one succesful chick-flick in which you sucked and Henry Golding stole the spotlight and now acting all cocky.

Just now, Dom said:

Ungrateful biotch. The cast is happy and getting coins and she over here b**chin. You were on one succesful chick-flick in which you sucked and Henry Golding stole the spotlight and now acting all cocky.

You don't even know why she's upset and you're having a meltdown. You're the one who's b**hing :rip: 

"WE NEED ASIANS IN MEDIA!"

*gets primetime major network show of all Asians renewed*

"NO NOT LIKE THIS!!!"

She is the worst. :toofunny3:

I mean, even the guy who inspired the show has been vocal about his dislike for it lol

I dont understand. She should be able to get out of her contract by now....I doubt also her contract has gone this long....esp with CRA being a success.

Mess this is getting a lot of traction the memes have started on twitter

Mess this is getting a lot of traction, shes trending worldwide,  the memes have started on twitter

4 minutes ago, TheCheetahwings said:

You don't even know why she's upset and you're having a meltdown. You're the one who's b**hing :rip: 

D6PJrBbUIAAIlPn.jpg

5 minutes ago, Oscar Isaac said:

Is it because she wants to move on to films full-time or is there other drama I just don’t know about? On the bright side, that’s hundreds of people that didn’t suddenly lose their employment.

...and a cast of all Asians who aren't now scrambling to find work.

Wasn't Asian representation her whole message for months trying to get CRA's to be a success?

Just now, Dom said:

D6PJrBbUIAAIlPn.jpg

I'm aware of the tweet. Doesn't change what I said. You're making assumptions without knowing why the renewal upset her. She could have numerous reasons that don't involve getting "cocky" and wanting a movie career like you're implying.

3 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

I dont understand. She should be able to get out of her contract by now....I doubt also her contract has gone this long....esp with CRA being a success.

they kill off the mama?  or like that's so raven she goes to England and becomes a doctor?

1 minute ago, TheCheshireCat said:

Wasn't Asian representation her whole message for months trying to get CRA's to be a success?

Yeah, I’m trying to be diplomatic about it because I don’t know much about her or the show, but this seems pretty gross on multiple levels. It’s not even worth throwing a tantrum about, Melissa McCarthy was on Mike & Molly until like, 2016 or some **** and still had the time to build up her film career.

Jessica's gonna get double cancer and f*ck a ghost now isn't she

Wow this is so surprising. I didn't know she was unhappy on the show 

2 minutes ago, TheCheetahwings said:

I'm aware of the tweet. Doesn't change what I said. You're making assumptions without knowing why the renewal upset her. She could have numerous reasons that don't involve getting "cocky" and wanting a movie career like you're implying.

doubt she has. there are speculations that she's on marvel's radar and she probably doesn't want to do show, cause of lucrative deal. 

3 minutes ago, TheCheshireCat said:

So now if you want and support asian representation you're supposed to want a show to run forever and be on that show forever? 

somebody's getting fired. HEY HEY